• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Quick Minecraft CRT

We have about 11 days until the forum transfer, and this is a minor change, so if we do this quickly we should be able to finish it.

The Lodestone and Compass should definitely grant Steve some form of Clairvoyance, being able to sense where the lodestone is at all times, except when he's out of the dimension.

The Respawn Anchor should grant Steve Resurrection in the Early/Mid Game key.

He should also have some form of Limited Duplication via the Fortune and Looting Enchantment.

1: I wouldn't say that's Claivoyance, but i'm not sure what it would be.

2: Steve already has resurrection in all keys which is covered covered by the Immortality Type 9, he resurrects indefinitely unless the true player is killed. So it's not really necessary, but I guess it's not wrong.

3: I suppose that works.

Thank you for your input.

1. Hm... Neither am I.

2. I'm only bringing it up because the Totem of Undying is also listed.

3. Okay.

1. That's definitely not clairvoyance, or real life humans holding a compass will have clairvorance because they know which direction is towards the magnetic north pole.

2. Steve already has resurrection. All that the Respawn Anchor does is change where Steve resurrects.

3. Seems to work, as the Fortune enchantment gives more drops when mining, so we can assume that it is duplicated. The Looting enchantment does the same thing.

Thank you for the reply. Okay. It seems as if both Clairvoyance and Resurrection are unneeded, so I have edited the OP.

Duplication seems to be accepted by 2 people. Should we still wait for more input?

You should get a staff member to comment here. One who supports the verse, just ask on their message wall.

Lmao, okay, okay. It seems as if they're both rejected anyways.

May I inquire as to your opinions on Duplication?

I feel like without proper context, Looting isn't Duplication. It just causes more to drop, how its done isn't specified. Ditto, obviously, for Fortune.

I feel due to it being a magical attribute given to the tools, Duplication would be ok.

It wouldn't be simply gathering more of the ore from blocks through, say, technique, it's seemingly giving more ore than is actually there which should fit.

It seems as if Duplication has been accepted by one administrator and 2 regular members, while the rest has been rejected.

I have made the changes. You can undo it if you think we still need more input, but other than that I think we're done here.

"Fortune" obviously implies that you just get luckier in finding better ores really. I'd say it's more Probability Manip/Luck Manip than Duplication imo.

Shit, right after I edited it. Well, we can always change it.

That's also a viable explanation for it, but the point that Kiera brought up is worth discussing. Possibly just game mechanics coming back to haunt us?

Probability manipulation could be ok, it could be either really. I'm still leaning towards duplication personally.

I'd prefer Probability, since at least one name directly implies it. It's still just an interpretation, but at least its somewhat more valid.

Probability manipulation? Sure, why not.

I've edited the page again. Any other opinions?

It is duplication. If you use commands to get, say, Fortune C on a pickaxe, and then mine ore with it, it will drop way more stuff than what can possibly fit in the block. It's impossible to do that just by probability manipulation. I don't think there's a difference in how Fortune C and normal Fortune works, so normal Fortune also use duplication.

I'll debunk it even further by reminding you that items that should be one of a kind on a particular target (Like chicken from a chicken) only drop once regardless of loot level. So it's certainly not duplication.

According to the Chicken page on the Minecraft wiki, normally, chickens drop 1 chicken, but each level of looting increases the maximum by 1. That means killing a chicken with a sword with Looting III will drop 1-4 chicken. The only things that Looting can't duplicate seems to be very powerful artifacts like the Nether Star from the Wither.

Actually the Looting ench. follows the logic of higher level drops multiple items (it's not realistic because it's Minecraft) via probability, so I think "limited probability manipulation of limited duplication of items" is more appropriate interpretation and yeah duplication works as intended in the game but it also uses probability mechanics.

Even me, this is common sense in Minecraft. How much time did I spent in Minecraft fandom? Also Looting ench. at max could materialized the Vex's iron sword because without enchantment literally impossible to get drop from items from Vexes since they're intangible (immaterial). It's clear to capable of duplicate the drops from mobs to certain extent.

@Saik the Wither contains 4000 souls. Yes, the snapshot regarding Basalt Delta biome in changelog explicitly stated 1000 souls in one Soul Sand/Soil.

@DaSmileKat technically in Creative mode tested that Wither isn't immune to enchantments, even a Knock back and Punch ench. literally threw the Wither off from wielder. Hmm... hold on, wtf what's up with Mojang making specific enchantments unaffected? I'm sure they balance it because Nether Crystals could summon Ender Dragon, Mojang just destroyed the Creative mode's EZ editing Wither drops. It doesn't mean Wither is so 'powerful' that even enchantments like looting at level 27383736338... can't affect the Wither. So nope, I reject your reason of 'powerful artifacts' except the duplication CRT.

The Wither is only immune to Looting, Fire Aspect, and Flame, and not other enchantments. 1 and 2 got rejected, and 3 was probably accepted.

Back