• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Questioning the validity of tier 8 DC characters

We'll need a feat that puts Cap on 8-C first, else we'll have to put him back to At least 9-A via being vastly superior to Daredevil, who has consistent 9-A feats.

Yes. Help to find less outlier-ish feats would be appreciated.

On the subject of DC i think I found something that could keep them in tier 8 (However it may be an outlier but the other feats I've linked make me think oterwise)

Unless it's a whole host of feats within the same tier, I'm doubtful it's going to change our situation.

Kep's comment from earlier still applies. These characters have dozens upon dozens of showings (at least some of which are contradictory), spread across years of comics and connected issues. When we're dealing with so many feats across so many stories, we'd have to have at least 6-7 feats within the same tier range for an AP rating to even start looking consistent.

Well I don't have a link on me but I found one where Bruce survives an MCB explosion which could be corroborated by the end ones I've already linked above

Well, I would greatly appreciate if somebody experienced could organise revisions for the 8-C DC characters, and the 8-A, Low 7-C, 5-B, and likely the High 6-C Marvel characters.

Should probably make two new threads for that, partly to collect feats/calcs/examples for their new tiers, partly to check off when it's applied.

Antvasima said:
Well, I would greatly appreciate if somebody experienced could organise revisions for the 8-C DC characters, and the 8-A, Low 7-C, 5-B, and likely the High 6-C Marvel characters.
I have a scan of Grey Hulk overpowering wonderman and knocking him away, would that change anything? Or is it not valid?

I would at least make an attempt to organize a revision myself, but I don't have a whole lot of scans for anything in Marvel or DC anymore, and despite the wealth of respect threads that exist, not all Marvel and DC characters have them, and some of them (like the last Doomsday RT I saw on ComicVine) aren't fully reliable and don't have all of the context attached.

I'm also neck-deep in the Dark Tower revisions that're being organized, among numerous other things.

@Peter

The Grey Hulk was treated as below Wonder Man's power level during the 1980s. We cannot scale from an outlier that was introduced in a flashback decades later.

Here is Kepekley23 planet-splitting calculation: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...Comics:_Hulk_destroying_the_asteroid_(recalc)

@MrKingOfNegativity

Well, when Spider-Man pushed himself to his limits, he supported a skyscraper. That is probably High 8-C in terms of potential energy.

The 8-A characters also seem more consistently portrayed as 9-A or 8-C, so those are the level of feats that you all need to look for.

I am uncertain what to do about the High 6-C characters. I suppose that they could technically scale from the Grey Hulk, but they do not remotely have feats on that level themselves, as far as I am aware.

The High 6-C characters scale from Iron Man Model-9; but yeah, we're trying to avoid scaling tiers based on Marvel database. Especially since Tier and lifting strength are two different things.

Anyway, I would appreciate if somebody could start a thread intended to rescale all of the current 5-B Marvel characters to 5-A instead, by scaling from Kepekley23's calculation of the Grey Hulk feat. It would be a start at least.

I knew which story you referred to without the scan. It happened as a flashback long after the Grey Hulk era was over and gone, and contradicts his general portrayal.

You can ask the following members to give input here regarding what we should do with the 5-B and High 5-A Marvel profiles:

Matthew Schroeder, Sandman31, Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot, Ryukama, Reppuzan, Shivansh Garg, KLOL506, Zensum, TheC2, Nether nine, Crimson Azoth, Eficiente, Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan, The Archdemon, Kepekley23.

It is best if you start a new discussion thread, with a summary at the top, first though, as this is technically a derailment of the original discussion here.

I suppose so, but the problem is that Wonder Man is generally considered to be in-between the Thing and Thor level nowadays. Still, the difference shouldn't be enormous. Maybe it would be better to merge together the 5-B and High 5-A Marvel characters in some manner after all?

I would need input from other knowledgeable members first though. You can follow my earlier instructions.

Thank you. We should move the Marvel discussion there then.

Back