• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question Regarding Bleach's "The Almighty" ability.

Note: This is a question separate from Kukui's Powernull but it stems from the same place (Kinda).

So, as we know, "The Almighty" has powernull abilities, "Any ability seen with the Almighty cannot be used to harm the User", or something to that effect. Given we know Yhwach see's events, actions, etc., my question is, what about abilities that're:

• Invisible/Have no Physical Form
  • Pure Damage Dealing (Getsuga, Kamehameha, Rasengan, etc.)
What has been the concensus regarding such abilities given the statement and how the ability has been used? Personally, my view is that it shouldn't be allowed to null any ability the user can't see (Obvious Reasons, not that I'm claiming anyone has made that argument) and just because an ability is seen, if it does basic damage no different that physically recreating said damage (Cutting, Piercing, Punching, Kicking, etc.), unless we're saying Almighty is negating Kinetic Energies and the likes associated with such attacks, they shouldn't be invalidated, but that's just me.

Almighty cannot null AP as far as I remember, Getsuga is just Ichigo raw spirit energy being fired.

For example he can't just nullify Superman's super strength.

As for "seeing", he simply understand what he sees hence Almighty being called the power of omniscience amongst other things. So he just knows is the simple answer.

His power null applies to haxxed abilities and such. Invisible powers aren't an issue either considering everyone and their moms can see invisible shit in Bleach.

I don't recall the Almighty negating AP based abilities, unless it's something similar to breaking Ichigo's Bankai but that's only done by breaking the Zanpakuto itself. So if the AP is granted via an object then I suppose he could negate it.

The Almighty never nulled raw AP.

Bleach characthers can see the invisible and yhwach understand all powers .

Naeblis495 said:
The Almighty never nulled raw AP.
Bleach characthers can see the invisible and yhwach understand all powers .
Well not just invisible but abilities that have no physical form ingeneral as well.

There was a thread on this before, I'm not sure what kinda answer it is you're looking for.

According to Yhwach he just understands whatever he sees. Hell even told Ichigo it's pointless to try and understand how his ability functions.

Also The Balance isn't an ability you can actually see, you can't see Antithesis neither.

Just going to comment a few things.

For one, the Anithesis can't be nulled by the Almighty. Jugram and even Yhwach himself blatantly said the Anithesis is superior to the Almighty, so it's not a good example. The Balance is a different story, but the thing is, you ca see the Balance be used. The effects of it anyway since it manipulates fortune/misfortune to reflect damage. And you can obviously see damage be inflicted back onto the opponent.

Two, feel I should point this out to people, but energy nullification is an actual part of Power Nullification. Beerus (and I think the rest of the GoDs) have it. If Almighty cant null things like Getsuga, then it should be noted that it's powernull doesn't effect energy based moves.

Three, I think what Final's overall point regarding "invisible" wasn't just meant to refer to invisible based powers, but rather, abilities that have no way to be visible to an Almighty user at all. Like for instance, if someone can use Power Mimicry with a glance, how would Yhwach be able to see them use the Power Mimicry? It would be used from the power replicaters PoV, not Yhwachs.

Yhwach can even "see" and "know" about invisible powers , The Balance prove that . The Balance should have protected Jugram from the Auswhallen and redirected it on the shield but Almighty completly bypassed it .

Yhwach also stated that all bankais have been broken in the future , wich include shinji's bankai wich simply inverse the sense of friend and foe to anyone in his range and thus invisible .

Agree that it should be specified that he can't null raw AP/energy based attacks unless new infos come out .

For one, the Anithesis can't be nulled by the Almighty. Jugram and even Yhwach himself blatantly said the Anithesis is superior to the Almighty, so it's not a good example.

He never states this at all, he states the Antithesis in theory has the ability to interfere with The Almighty and one day surpass it. Which is worthless as a statement since we don't actually know how.

The Balance is a different story, but the thing is, you ca see the Balance be used. The effects of it anyway since it manipulates fortune/misfortune to reflect damage. You can see damage be inflicted back onto the opponent.

You actually can't unless you think Jugram has an actual scale hovering above him. The Balance is a passive ability that affects the world around him. what his shield does isn't The Balance. It's a tool he uses to store misfortune that he sends back somehow.

Three, I think what Final's overall point regarding "invisible" wasn't just meant to refer to invisible based powers, but rather, abilities that have no way to be visible to an Almighty user at all. Like for instance, if someone can use Power Mimicry with a glance, how would Yhwach be able to see them use the Power Mimicry? It would be used from the power replicaters PoV, not Yhwachs.

You've arged this months ago in a thread you made I think but got shut down, so won't even bother with it. Almighty isn't physical sight. He understands all he sees, it's that simple. imagine if all they needed to win was to throw on Urahara's invisibility cloak.

>Yhwach also stated that all bankais have been broken in the future , wich include shinji's bankai wich simply inverse the sense of friend and foe to anyone in his range and thus invisible.

You know this goes against the point of Almighty being passive, right?

>He never states this at all, he states the Antithesis in theory has the ability to interfere with The Almighty and one day surpass it. Which is worthless as a statement since we don't actually know how.

Will gather scans later, but im pretty sure this wasn't just theory.

>You actually can't unless you think Jugram has an actual scale hovering above him.

No, but my point was that the effects of the Balance can absolutely be perceived and seen. You see it reflect damage back by inflicting damage onto the opponent.

>You've arged this months ago in a thread you made I think but got shut down, so won't even bother with it.

That thread isnt the same thing as here. That thread was arguing specifically for powers that are invisible. My point here is for any power that can't be seen at all, invisible or otherwise.

Anyways, the Almighty is very clearly physical sight since he sees into the future and sees what happens. For any power thats used by the opponents point of view, like eye-based powers for example, im asking how would Yhwach be able to see that? Just because he sees into the future, and understands what he sees, doesn't mean he understands anything that the opponent themselves does from their perspective. He's never used the Almighty like that and saying he could because of a statement makes this sound like an NLF.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
You know this goes against the point of Almighty being passive, right?
How exactly ? Did you forgot that not everything about the Almighty is passive ?

The precog and powernull are passives , the fate hax(him attacking in the future/changing the possibilities etc) isn't .

Naeblis495 said:
How exactly ? Did you forgot that not everything about the Almighty is passive ?

The precog and powernull are passives , the fate hax(him attacking in the future/changing the possibilities etc) isn't .
Yeah, im referring to the powernull (srry if not clear enough).

Yhwach wouldn't need to actively break the bankais in the future (including Shinji's as you pointed out) if he passively nulled them.

he broke ALL of them without distinction, just like he broke ichigo's bankai when he seemingly didn't needed to, given his regen and ressurection .

Just to humiliate them.

Im not saying he selectively broke the bankai's. I know he broke them all. What im saying is there would be no point in him doing that in the first place if they were nulled in the future and became his allies.

Ichigo is an exception to that since Zangetsu uses no powers that can be nulled.

He just flexed on them that is all .

He could have finished ichigo instantly but he like to play . Yhwach does a lot of things he doesn't need to , part of why he got defeated in the first place .

No offense, but I find that to be weak reasoning to cover up a potential anti-feat.

He'd already be "flexing" on them by making their bankai abilities worthless, and not one Shinigami dared taking on Almighty besides Ichibe, Ichigo, Aizen and Renji, 3 out of the 4 who had abilities that Almighty couldn't null (Kyoka Suigetsu used hypnosis on Yhwach before he activated Almighty, and Zangetsu/Zabimaru are AP based Bankais without hax).

I can agree with Yhwach pulling a Frieza and not instantly putting down opponents, but he has no reason to do that against fodders.

Well , if you manage to find that anti feat , you're welcome to post it .

Until you do , him flexing on randoms is part of his characther and he did many time .

If you have a precog and you're guaranteed to see whatever you see, you can put the minimum amount of effort you want on defeating someone usually.

Not to mention Kukui is assuming it works like Yhwach viewing the future in a POV sense. No what Yhwach does is view every possible future as if they were literal grains of sand. The ability is explained very clearly and the Rei-O was able to see ALL of the events in Bleach, quite literally everything that happen he saw via the Almighty. That alone should debunk the silly notion that Yhwach can't see invisible powers, also the OP made the same exact argument in a previous thread that got rejected.

it's not because that is his character.

He toyed with everyone and became extrmely arrogant even discarding the vision of his own death, in Yhwach's persepctive nothing could defeat him or anything.

Besides Shinji already confirmed it wouldn't work on someone like Yhwach.

Ciruno Fortes said:
If you have a precog and you're guaranteed to see whatever you see, you can put the minimum amount of effort you want on defeating someone usually.
Oh I agree. But against opponents fodder to you and ones you've never faced at that?

Yes. Almighty is basically a walkthrough that Yhwach can see. If you know everything that's going to happen you have the luxury of messing around and taking them easy.

If it was just simple precog I would agree with you but not in this case.

Kukui , you would begin to have a point if yhwach only destroyed hax bankai.

But he did it for everyone ,even against AP based bankai wich are meaningless to him, this prove that it is him flexing and wanting to humiliate them . Wanting to make everyone feel despair is part of his characther .

Oh and not to mention Kukui is leaving shit out of context for what strikes me as on purpose to be quite frank. Apologies for the bluntness but it does seem incredibly suspicious.

He'd already be "flexing" on them by making their bankai abilities worthless, and not one Shinigami dared taking on Almighty besides Ichibe, Ichigo, Aizen and Renji, 3 out of the 4 who had abilities that Almighty couldn't null (Kyoka Suigetsu used hypnosis on Yhwach before he activated Almighty, and Zangetsu/Zabimaru are AP based Bankais without hax).

All of these are terrible examples, Yhwach had to wait for the right moment to be able to use his Almighty, he didn't obtain it until after his fight with Ichibei and your talking about way before that fight. Once Yhwach revived KS stopped working. And we've already told you, Yhwach can't negate pure AP, power null doesn't even do that, Statistics Reduction is what does that. That's hardly an anti feat, and considering your main verse has a 2-B getting one shot by a meteorite of all things you shouldn't be calling something an anti feat when it's much less of an anti feat ( it's not even that, just a misconstrued interpretation and a lack of understanding.) in comparison.

>All of these are terrible examples, Yhwach had to wait for the right moment to be able to use his Almighty, he didn't obtain it until after his fight with Ichibei and your talking about way before that fight.

Okay? The point still stands that Aizen KS'd Yhwach before Almighty was used, meaning it couldnt be nulled until he revived from his death later. Hows this being taken out of context?

>And we've already told you, Yhwach can't negate pure AP, power null doesn't even do that, Statistics Reduction is what does that.

Energy Nullification is a part of Power Nullification though, like I said before. We give it to characters here already. As agreed, Almighty cant null AP/energy based moves, but saying its not what powernull does isn't quite correct.

>That's hardly an anti feat

It's not. What I said was the anti-feat was Yhwach actively breaking Bankai's when he shouldn't need to since they are supposed to be passively nulled. Had they been purely AP ones, that would be understandable. But hax based ones?

>and considering your main verse has a 2-B getting one shot by a meteorite of all things you shouldn't be calling something an anti feat when it's much less of an anti feat

Has absolutely nothing to do with this, but okay.

Also, isn't Gran Rey Cero currently accepted as spatial manip here? Asking before I say anything else about it.

Naeblis495 said:
Kukui , you would begin to have a point if yhwach only destroyed hax bankai.
But he did it for everyone ,even against AP based bankai wich are meaningless to him, this prove that it is him flexing and wanting to humiliate them .
I don't follow on this point. We agreed that he can't null Bankai that are energy or AP based. Why would that make them meaningless to him?

Okay? The point still stands that Aizen KS'd Yhwach before Almighty was used, meaning it couldnt be nulled until he revived from his death later. Hows this being taken out of context?

The point absolutely dosen't stand, not in the slightest. Aizen placed KS on Yhwach before Yhwach obtained the Almighty. Yhwach's senses were being played with by Aizen, thus interfering with the Almighty. After Yhwach revived it could be null,your completely misconstruing information here, his profile even notes he's susceptible to effects if it's placed on him before activating the Almighty.

Energy Nullification is a part of Power Nullification though, like I said before. We give it to characters here already. As agreed, Almighty cant null AP/energy based moves, but saying its not what powernull does isn't quite correct.

Again, said enegry manipulation isn't something hax based. Getsuga is just a blast of reishi, Renji's Bankai just amps his own strength and speed. This point is entirely irrelevant.

It's not. What I said was the anti-feat was Yhwach actively breaking Bankai's when he shouldn't need to since they are supposed to be passively nulled. Had they been purely AP ones, that would be understandable. But hax based ones?

Yhwach has two forms of power nullification, the first being his precognition based power nullification and his future modification via his Almighty. We've already seen him nulling shit passively as seen with Ichibei. Again hardly an anti feat.

And barely, Gran Rey Cero is limited spatial manipulation, a simple byproduct of distorting space via it's AP.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Nianzol actually wasn't what I was gonna bring up. It's something else. But only if Gran Rey Cero's space hax is accepted as combat applicable.
Same thing, would just be reaching for no reason. Via your own logic right now Nianzol > Yhwach.

>Aizen placed KS on Yhwach before Yhwach obtained the Almighty. Yhwach's senses were being played with by Aizen, thus interfering with the Almighty. After Yhwach revived it could be null,your completely misconstruing information here

...thats literally what I just said.

>Again, said enegry manipulation isn't something hax based

No, but nullifying it is. Beerus can tell you that himself.

>and his future Modification

This is the one where he can prevent things from being restored in the future right?

I mean, I just want to point out that The Almighty did nullify Ichimonji's Ink "after" it was activated. Him not nullifying KS is PIS or given how the ability is explained, him nullifying Ichimonji is PIS.

As far him nullifying abilities with no physical form, him saying all Bankai's have been broken doesn't mean he's nullified them. The method by which they're broken is unknown and we can't simply assert they were broken with The Almighty. Yhwach states he knows all he see's and powers he know are nulled. Going back to using Shinji as an example since he was brought up, wouldn't that suggest Yhwach knows his ability through knowing about his Zanpakuto? Granted both arguments are speculative.

Back