• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question on Angela (marvel) tier?

I'm wondering how Angela is high 6-C, she had taken her brother (Thor) in combat several times and even trades blows with him. Not to mention the fact she should be on par with him in speed. As she was shown to be more swifter than him, which is probably muscle memory.

Should definitely be above carol becuse Angela was able to stomp the guardians of the galaxy. Gamora alone can be too much for Carol.

I am uncertain. Marvel is extremely inconsistent, the handbooks rate her as much lower than Thor, and her feats are all far below him.

She was able to fight Thor multiple times. I feel like it's a Superman and wonder woman thing. Thor is stronger but Angela has the skill and strength to keep up.

She stomped the guardians of the galaxy.

Tanked a shot for tony stark and fought some demons from limbo

She fought Thor once that I recall, and Thor has been jobbing to extremes in recent years, likely due to political reasons.

The Guardians are also extremely weak in comparison to Thor.

Angela fought Thor (the real one) like 4 times

First time was against an exhausted Thor (Original Sin tie-in)

Second time also from the same tie-in, but Odin intervened before the fight could go any further

The 2 other times I remember was from Asgard's Assassin: She fought Unworthy Thor and kinda beat him in the 2nd issue and again in the last one

Angela is a terrible character half-assedly added to the already messed up Marvel Norse lore anyway (-_-)

I remember Ant or Matthew saying Marvel has been trying to make their own Wonder Woman since Jen isn't enough, so they try it with just about all strong heroines they can think of (Jane, Carol, Angela, etc.)

Well, since Angela is so contradictory and hard to place, it might be better to just delete the profile.

Well she's shown to fight him. That should at least move her up to 6-B or 6-A. Considering she's stronger than Carol.

Angela being a supposedly terrible character should not even matter here. There are tons of characters here people think are written awful. This wiki is unbiased and should not use such arguments as a half ass character because of story she's been in.

FYI major DC/Marvel crossovers shows that Storm is the supposedly Wonder Woman of marvel (popularity wise) Physical strength and story wise there's a lot like Princess Power, Thundra, Carol, and She Hulk.

She should at least be around She hulk level. She easily stomped Gamora, who was able to beat up she hulk. They've been able to fight each other steadily.

Gamora is physically far weaker than She-Hulk, regardless of kicking her in the stomach during the Infinity War series.

Marvel is also extremely inconsistent with character power levels, and Angela is too new a character to have substantial feats of her own, so I am not sure how to accurately rate her, regardless that she is written like some kind of 3rd wave feminist ideal.

It is best if you ask Matthew to comment here.

One of the times Angela fought Thor evenly, Thor was heavily injured and honestly Thor holds back so much, he is one of the worst characters to scale from.

"Consistently" is a very fickle word with Marvel. In ~80+ years of a story I guarantee everyone has fought everyone at least once, if not multiple times.

According to the handbooks her physical strength is comparatively very low, even though her fighting skills are extremely high.

Some of Gamora's feats are in incredible (she stalemated Thanos once !)

But most of this comes from her skill- the us army estimated she was only as strong as Spiderman (low 7-c) but her skill made her as dangerous as Iron Man (high 5-a). The US army underestimated her massively and she is actually about as strong if not slightly stronger than Warlock (high 6-c) so her being the equivalent of a 4-B being is not far fetched.

I have heard people say that her sword is herald level though but I am not familiar with it.

Also she beat him in sparring not a real fight, but he did note her reactions are far above him, when he tested her.

One thing I will say is that Marvel really does not understand how skill works. It should not be enough to make a character of a much lower tier damage one from a much higher one.

Also don't focus scaling them on the data books too much as they have shown to be inconsistent. They have Xavier being faster than Wolverine.

"Well Gamora isn't a weak character. She's Thanos child for sakes"

Adopted. Not that it matters.

As I said, you cannot 100% reliably judge a Marvel character's tier based on who they "fight consistently". The franchise has been maintaining a story for around 80+ years, everyone has fought everyone at some point.

The problem is that Gamora is an extreme example of Marvel routinely severely overrating fighting skill's ability to challenge overwhelming raw power.

I am not sure how to rate either her or Angela, but we certainly cannot base it on guesswork, or plot-induced stupidity.

You can ask Matthew to comment here again, but if he does not know how to rate Angela either, I think that we should preferably delete the profile.

Actually Thanos enhanced Gamora so she's stronger than her species. She strong enough to take on marvel powerhouses and her speed is faster than even Thanos as stated by him.

After doing some research it seems that Thanos upgraded her with enough strength to equal Adam Warlock (I think when they were going to face Magnus)

It's been stated with her skill and strength she is just as dangerous as Iron Man. Good example why she can take on She-Hulk and others like the thing, Strong Man and etc.

She has been cybernectically upgraded even more in all stats.

Adam Warlock even upgraded her farther.

So Gamora has been upgraded 4 time (Thanos made her tissues very hard and her skeleton nigh-unbreakable with some substance)

So Gamora is far stronger than her species. Not to mention the fact the has to skill to kill anyone except for Thanos, beings on his level, and stronger.

Well, the problem is that officially she is considerably weaker than even Spider-Man, and again, she has no feats remotely approaching the Iron Man level:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Gamora_Zen_Whoberi_Ben_Titan_(Earth-7528)#Powers_and_Abilities

We have a similar problem with Angela:

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Aldrif_Odinsdottir_(Earth-616)#Powers_and_Abilities

As such, I think that both of them are too hard to evaluate, and should likely not be featured in this wiki, but would like to hear what Matthew thinks.

An army guy statement should not count. She was on Adam level to begin with.

I wouldn't use those ratings closely because last time I checked. It had Xavier speed faster than Wolverine.

Actuallly she has fought a lot of characters on Ironman and She Hulk level. The phase "everyone has fought everyone" should not be taken serious because it's not true.

Look at Xavier and wolverine ratings

No, it's really not the X-men have yet to fight someone like galactus, Thanos, and others.

Gamora can't even defeat ppl on Thanos level (who wasn't even trying)) and up.

Only time she's been around that level is with the time gem. Otherwise she can fight she hulk, thing, rogue, strong man, and some more people on their level.

Dude, I obviously don't mean literally, but we've had things like Spider-Man taking hits from Thor, Captain America harming Onslaught, the Phoenix Force being second to TOAA and making The Living Tribunal bow down to it, Black Panther both restraining Silver Surfer and breaking Super Skrull's limbs, etc. etc.

PIS moments also BP did say he can easily break free if he wanted to I think. Gamora rarely has none. She's been consistent with her skill and strength. She actually has strength to back up her skills unlike mantis who is weak and struck a nerve on Thor with her fragile hand.

I also think that Gamora has received the same treatment as the Black Panther and Captain America, in that she is allowed to fight opponents enormously above her own weight class. It is a common feature in Marvel Comics stories.

Back