• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About SOL Fairy Tail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well something disturb me about the Light stuff in fairy tail and in general: I'll explain

About Sting, it said that he use light as attacks, from this, nothing really relevant but the fact that the light he use literally come from real light (for his dragon slayer element, he eat light) and use this light to attack, he literally eaten those attack because they countain light. Future rogue even said that he posesses the proprieties of both light and darkness. and there is also the fact that magic in fairy tail come from natural element

So my question is, if the lights come from a credible source of light (like the sun) or/and confirmed to be light itself, why the one who make those feats's attacks isn't lightspeed like real light? for a general case: If a light come from a real light source is this lightspeed even if this light bend? i don't ask for an upgrade but a answer of those questions

Random's opinion: I've seen people trying to downplay and say that if Sting's laser was really light speed, then it should have crossed the whole planet, implying the attack has that range o_O.

It is not considered SoL here because they say it is magic-based not real light, and that would contradict other certain feats.

What rogue says is a wrong translation

Jap raw says its: twin attribute of light and dark

Official says: its the fusion of light and shadow

Btw sol ft is very controversial topic, since sting roar bend( even if he can manipualte light , or larcade pleasure magic which is light itself or its stated as brightness/light ]

Future Rogue's statement + magic said to be natural seems good enough to consider SOL.

Future Rogue's statement is a mistranslation as KD said.

Plus, the scan where magic = nature is pretty vague. In fact, it says something similar to how Chakra works.

Dragon Cry is accepted as canon to the manga because there's no manga version of IT.

Always go with the manga. That's the author's inthent and the anime usually changes things during the production process.

Anime is secondary canon. The manga always takes precedence over the anime. The anime is only used to support the manga if it back up the original source and not contradict it

KobsterHope07 said:
Anime is secondary canon. The manga always takes precedence over the anime. The anime is only used to support the manga if it back up the original source and not contradict it
Future Rouge states in Fairy Tail season 7 episode 191 "Natsu vs. Rogue" english dub and I quote "At last, light and dark working together as one." Sub "These are the twin attributes of light and dark."

Are you seriously using not only the anime, but the dub?

I guess an onigiri is a donut then.

Calaca Vs said:
Still the anime, bro.
"The anime is only used to support the manga if it back up the original source and does not contradict it."

"Jap raw says its: twin attribute of light and dark."

and if you think I just made that (Sub "These are the twin attributes of light and dark.") up, go here: https://www5.*********.io/fairy-tail-2014-episode-16and go to the 17 minute mark and watch it for a little bit.

Okay, I'll play that game.

Twin attribute of light and dark doesn't say much. Plus, Sting's light doesn't meet any of the requirements and IT contradicts some of them.

I'm pretty sure Mavis has described Stings power as being "Holy elemental magic" and there are clear issues with translations in regards to his actual element, being described as being a "White" dragon slayer and a "Light" dragon slayer.

I'd argue that based on how Mavis described it, the fact that Sting doesn't exclusively eat light and the fact that his so called "light attacks" don't really meet our light standards. We just right it off as not being real light.

our light speed revision is going on btw

@david i guess you are talking about this https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0295-016.png

Mavis never described sting powers

our light speed revision is going on btw

@david i guess you are talking about this https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0295-016.png

Mavis never described sting powers

I think we derailed to the main point i wanted to ask:

Sting is able to eat light (which is obviously real) and use this this source to attacks, the fact that he can eat things that countains light (the light is also probably real inside those attack). My point is, if light come from a credible/real source like the sun (so if it's indeed light) and people can absorb it and use this to attacks, we consider that the light is lightspeed?

We don't know how much of Sting's magic is made of light. Yes, he absorbs light, but his magic has other properties at the same time, putting it legitness into question.

Pokemon can absorb sunlight and use it to attack, we give those attacks SOL on here because it's based on a credible source of light.

For Sting we don't do that because it isn't clear what element he's actually using. In the more recent anime he said he could eat anything with "white" in it- I'm unsure if that was stated in the manga- and that is what allows him to eat light. But that doesn't mean his attacks are actually light, since he also eats a white arrow when he is first introduced but clearly he doesn't vomit arrows.

Best I can say is it's all judged on a case by case basis.

Yeah, pretty much that. Sting is the White Dragon Slayer. It just happens that light is white.

Davidsteel1 said:
Pokemon can absorb sunlight and use it to attack, we give those attacks SOL on here because it's based on a credible source of light.
For Sting we don't do that because it isn't clear what element he's actually using. In the more recent anime he said he could eat anything with "white" in it- I'm unsure if that was stated in the manga- and that is what allows him to eat light. But that doesn't mean his attacks are actually light, since he also eats a white arrow when he is first introduced but clearly he doesn't vomit arrows.

He didn't eat the damn arrow. Yes, he put it in his mouth and Yes he chewed it, but he did not swallow therefore he didn't eat the arrow. He just chewed it up and spat it out.

Sting uses Holy Energy, not Light, therefore no SoL, and even if it was called Light Magic, I'd still have doubts about SoL

@Konaguna as informative as your cleanliness standards are, they don't have anything to do with the current discussion.

I already said I hated Fairy tail with a passion, though I will complain over this since light standards are really strict here.

Bending light isn't light and being unable to devour your own light which is supposed to be natural just like very other just does not work

All of this is just another Statements>Feats discussion that shouldn't even be questioned

Davidsteel1 said:

Again officals-https://**********.com/manga/Fairy-Tail/0511-004.png That what sting actually says

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back