• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question about early game Investigation team stats.

Namely... why is adachi's Magatsu Inaba feat. Adachi didn't create Magatsu Inaba... the very nature of the midnight channel/tv world did. It's more or less implied by teddie that the tv world becomes what the person who enters sees as reality.

Unlike say the palaces in Persona 5 where the shadow's create the palace themselves with there treasure due to there distorted reality.

And as for controlling Magatsu inaba... he really doesn't display any feats of actually manipulating it from what I recall. He was simply blocking entrances.

And on the subject of Adachi why is he given Megadolaon? Only Yu's version of Magatsu Izanagi shows the ability to learn it. Adachi only shows the ability to use Megadola.

Different versions of Persona's learn different moves.

You can even see this in what Adachi has vs what Yu has.

Adachi's version of Magatsu izanagi gets evil smile, Dekaja, Dekunda, and foolish whisper. Yu's version gets none of these.

Well, his level of control is scaled to the other boss Shadows, and off the top of my head, Shadow Yukiko had some notable shenanigans going on in her castle. There's also his ability to teleport around, control the Shadows, etc.

Adachi does know Megidolaon. The learnsets aren't set in stone, since there are a bunch of skills that Adachi/Magatsu-Izanagi are revealed to have that never showed up in the original games. Most notably, Magatsu-Mandala. It's possible that it's dependent on the persona-user, the persona, or both, but seeing as PQ is canon and sub-Personas learn "unique" skills that can then be used by whoever they're equipped to, it's shown that the Persona decides a lot of what can and can't be learned.

At the very least, both incarnations of Magatsu-Izanagi in the original P4 games should be considered the same.

I mean teleportation and controlling shadows should fall into other hax. Especially since as shown in his Instant kill move the ability teleport to Magatsu inaba outside of it, and Arena ultimax's Ending shows shadows naturally are influenced by adachi. Iirc that's how Yu and Adachi beat the big bad though I may be misremembering story beats. So those are abilities he posses outside of Magatsu Inaba that don't show his "control over it." Plus even with the ability to teleport, control shadows and such added... does that really affect his Attack potency. It really doesn't seem like it should.

As for Yukiko... all she does is create a floor that teleports Yu and Co around.

"Adachi does know megidolaon."

May I ask where he uses it? And I know that they aren't strict and to the game only. I mentioned he used Megidola which is in P4 arena Ultimax.

Edit: wait the Q games are canon? May I ask how. (Feel free to leave a message on my wall so we don't fill up this topic about non on topic things.) i'm just curious since I've always been told they aren't canon.

If that's the case, then there should probably be a discussion on that.

The Q games are canon. They occur, but are wiped from the memories of the people involved once the events are over. Since Persona powers are tied to the mind and experiences, the strength they gained in the middle of those events are also wiped.

So you agree Adachi's town level feat seems sketchy? Because I may make a content revision board about it if so.

Aside from him back-scaling from Ameno-Sagiri, who is unquestionably Town level. They are fought back-to-back. Still, might be nice to have it clarified, so go ahead.

Back