• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Kal

"It isn't spam unless you do it too often"

Have you not seen his thread?

"it doesn't make sense to set a limit on them either"

I just said it isn't a limit.

Bumping a thread so much that it reach 45 bumping is called spamming? What?

Regardless, if this concluded i swear to myself i will not caring or respecting SD anymore.

@Data

Kal said if its done too often. If it was 45 in the span of a week or two then its spam. If its over the course of months, its not.

@Kal

The thread was in March

She specifically got the fate upgrade October 31st.

Unless you mean the debate like 90 comments in?

@Anonymous Oh I see, what matters is that the spam of the exact same comment happens over months, not days/weeks? @Kal yes, actually.

@Velox okay then, are you just trying to get me to block you to prove I'm some sort of dictator?

Vel, that's a completely petty way of dealing with a discussion. You think he was in the wrong, fine. There's no need to make it so personal.

40 comments over multiple months is less than one a day. That's not exactly spam. If you want to establish some rule against bumping so long go for it but there isn't one as of now.

I would have to side with Vel on this, but it has not effected any of my threads so i have no reason to get upset about it.

SomebodyData said:
and yet you still didn't make a thread for it? Instead you wanna argue policy on a vs thread? Really?
You know we're on a thread asking about bumps right?

Why make a thread when we already have one instead of Instabtly rushing and closing a thread without giving an answer other then "It's still a Necro if you have a problem make a thread" which here we are.

Also Kal was debating said thread in the middle of you typing to me so yes he was on

@Wok technically there is a rule against month old threads, but I don't think appealing to the rules in either case would be useful here nor am I. (Saying this before someone takes it out of context again)

@Velox, this is not something to get so upset about.

I personally don't see any problem if someone bumps an unfinished vs thread if it's not outdated.

@Schnee I'm talking about you comment about there being no debate between you and me on the vs debate thread, not here.

Hey if it's such a problem Vel

Make a new one

Bam, done. You're match is fine and we can continue on the bumping issue

SomebodyData said:
@Schnee I'm talking about you comment about there being no debate between you and me on the vs debate thread, not here.
I'm not talking to you though

I'm talking to Andy

Schnee One said:
There was a thread and there was a discussion

What debate?

Your humour needs some serious work
^

@Data This wasn't talking to you at all, I was joking in remarks to Andy's humour and you took it way out of context

Velox. Enough. I can see how shadow may have come across as unnecessarily blunt, but responding like that doesn't help. SD closing your thread isn't any sort of personal attack, you shouldn't take it this seriously. Just make a new one.

TBH I think we should probably establish some sort of limitation to bumping for future events, but this one could have been better handled. The fact thst it was closed when discussion was reignited doesn't help, and seems more like following the letter of the rule than the spirit. Instead, it'd have been better to at least say why the match was outdated.

@Schnee I just said it was the comment quoting me. That's not quoting me, is it? Unless you editted out the quote, my bad.

Wokistan said:
Velox. Enough. I can see how shadow may have come across as unnecessarily blunt, but responding like that doesn't help. SD closing your thread isn't any sort of personal attack, you shouldn't take it this seriously. Just make a new one.
I. DONT. CARE

You know what? frick it....close this and continue to the another thread created by Kal, i don't care anymore with this shit....

@Wok had I known this was the reaction, yeah I would have. For me, it was just a normal thread, not sure what it was for Velox.

That said, I did mention why it was outdated a few times already, though for some reason, this seems to be focused on the necroing part.

Veloxt1r0kore said:
Wokistan said:
I. DONT. CARE
You know what? frick it....close this and continue to the another thread created by Kal, i don't care anymore with this shit....
A simple website should not be able to trigger someone this much, I would agree with Andy about leaving for a few minutes, just too cool down because a simple website should not trigger someone this much over something little.

Yes you were talking to me so I responded.

I was referring to Andy on his humour, nothing on "Wanting to argue policy on a versus thread"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back