• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Question About Bumping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bumping a thread can prevent it from outdated, right? Then what this: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1535095

Just because the thread comes from march and i goes bumping it until this month doesn't mean necro, then why?

This is not first time, SD also lock my Jun vs Jeanne because "necro" despite i always bumping it to prevent necro.

I'm confused as well.

Closing a thread for necro when it isn't outdated and the debate is starting is weird to say the least

Maybe this only refers to situation where there was no activity in the thread for one month except bumping.

Andytrenom said:
Maybe this only refers to situation where there was no activity in the thread for one month except bumping.
I have never seen anyone using that as a valid reason to close a thread

I think this is a good opportunity to ask something.

What are the exact reasons for the "No Necro" rule?

I have no idea, because if you ask me, it's a nonsensical rule as it stands right now.

I was actually thinking about making a staff thread to change it, but i'm busy right now

I also want to know why Data just went ahead and closed it for being a Necro even though I was against it and the thread was going fine

"Stop Necroing threads"

"The thread is still perfectly valid and there's still a discussion going"

"Still a Necro, (Closes)"

There was a thread and there was a discussion

What debate?

Your humour needs some serious work

Schnee One said:
Your humour needs some serious work
Your criticisms have been taken into account.

Oh and remember to watch your back next time you enter chat, why? just a friendly tip~

Bumping only goes so far, especially when its about a year old. Ignoring that just by looking at the thread, it became literal spam, as there are literally dozens of just "bump". Literally 45 comments of bumping, ignoring stuff like "bumop"

Also, "not outdated"? We ignoring that her Fate Manip now includes "turning a 0% event into reality" a thing and the addition of time manipulation?

Just remove context and I will fra all day.

@Schnee

"What debate?

Your humour needs some serious work"

and yet you still didn't make a thread for it? Instead you wanna argue policy on a vs thread? Really?

I'm obviously not saying "no bumping" like you're misconstructing me to be.

Once again you have literally over 45 comments of sheer spamming "bump"

"You're like a dictactor right now"

Well you're borderline a spammer and now are resulting to minor insults, yet I'm not blocking you. I guess I must be a pretty bad dictator too.

'Throwing insults?'

You wouldn't call a guy who spammed a comment 45 times a spammer?

Well A- it got outdated the moment Tart's fate manip became more detailed

B- 45

You just pushing that number yet that number is to make thread keep alive and prevented any outdated.

I don't care it get outdated if Jeanne fate manipulation is detailed more, i just wanna that thread concluded, that's all.

Well, I'd try to make my point without calling anybody 'dictator' or 'spammer'. I was just saying that both your tones seemed a bit hostile.

But then you close it because "necro", what is it? That's not the first time you close it when debate still happening, you also close my Jun vs Jeanne when a real debate gonna start.

It's also spam on a high-end and again, it doesn't stop a thread from becoming outdated. being outdated has to do with the actual character profile.

If the thread is outdated, then we close it, tho.

A thread who i wanna keep alive and when a real debate is happening then suddenly closed because necro (Which is bullshit)? Yes, that's worth it for getting upset.

@SomeD In your opinion, how much are you allowed to bump before you have to stop?

@Andy As a rule of thumb? Like 10 for most ordinary vs threads. Higher if its an important CRT or something.

Like I'm trying to say, I don't mind bumping at all, however, there are obvious extremes and limits as well.

We apply it all the time, just look around for a while and you'll see threads closed for necroing.

People bump to bring more attention to threads if they aren't getting any traffic. Seeing as people bump every few days, the thread will quickly fall to the wayside if a limit of 10 is put in place. So long as the thread is still valid, it shouldn't matter how many bumps it has.

Like I said, rule of thumb.

And in this particular case, the thread was outdated by new info.

Btw the thread wasn't outdated at all. The debate started after the latest CRT that affected Tart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back