• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pyrrha Nikos vs Mirio Togata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hair would have less metal than blood anyways, though they sure did fall off in that video. Weekly you need to show her using her magnetism on stuff like that for it to be considered, intangibility or not.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon yes because its strong enough to oneshot them, same with how Pyrrha ran from a Deathstalker she wasnt strong enough to deal with on her own. Theyre not stupid enough to blindly run in against a far stronger opponent
Except if they had years of experience of fighting and killing something that can oneshot them, then they wouldn't have run.

", an omniscient who's only omniscient through statements would be less smart than say, Edward Elric."

False equivalency.

I'm talking about combat skill, not intelligence.

Someone with infinite training who loses to a chinchilla shouldn't be treated better than someone who actually has skill feats.

@Dragon What are you talking about? Why would they willingly fight something that can oneshot them without backup?

She's more skilled than Piccolo because she is more skilled than people who are more skilled than Piccolo. It would be different if it was just "Vados trained for 10 years, therefore she is better than Piccolo who trained for 5 years".

The real cal howard said:
Vados only has statements involving her fighting prowess. Does that make her less skilled than Piccolo?
If she doesn't show anything while she's actually fighting? Yes.

And if her fighting prowess isn't referenced to people who do have skill, then yes again.

So, from the looks of things, if both are roughly comparable, but Mirio's power actually does something, I'm gonna have to go with him here.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon But Vados herself has no combat or skill feats so how can you say that by this logic?
Her feat is being better than someone with the feats. Huntsmen only go off of words, there are no showings that all hunstmen in training are that great.

Dargoo that kinda makes no sense. Unless the statements are outright contradicted, they should be usable just fine.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon But Vados herself has no combat or skill feats so how can you say that by this logic?
Vados doesn't have combat feats we can compare to her statements.

Cardin does, and they don't line up with his statements.

I'm not saying to disregard statements, just compare them to what they actually do in combat.

Wokistan said:
Dargoo that kinda makes no sense. Unless the statements are outright contradicted, they should be usable just fine.
"If she doesn't show anything while she's actually fighting? Yes."

That's not outright condradiction?

What is the point of this discussion? Mirio is also extremely skilled, and Pyrrha is not going to overcome that intangibility any time soon with skill alone.

Therefir said:
What is the point of this discussion? Mirio is also extremely skilled, and Pyrrha is not going to overcome that intangibility any time soon with skill alone.
Thank and you.

I think we should honestly drop the current discussion, it's pretty pointless.

Its extremely important as its the difference between Pyrrha being the most skilled non-pro fighter in the world and pyrrha having no feats, and frankly its a reflection of threads across the wiki as a whole

WeeklyBattles said:
its the difference between Pyrrha being the most skilled non-pro fighter in the world and pyrrha having no feats
Pyrrha does have feats.

What are you even going on about.

Just watch a fight with her in it, and watch a fight with Mirio in it, then make the call. I'm saying Mirio fares better from what I see.

Not by your logic she doesnt

By your logic the fact that she fought and stomped people with a lifetime of training means nothing because it was only stated

WeeklyBattles said:
Not by your logic she doesnt
Never in this entire thread did I say that Pyhrra had no feats. Stop putting words in my mouth.

I said Mirio had better feats, and that's more substantial than Pyhrra having more experience.

"By your logic the fact that she fought and stomped people with a lifetime of training means nothing because it was only stated"

If it doesn't reflect on the combat they actually show, then it shouldn't be considered as substantial.

Mirio does seem more efficient from the scenes. As opposed to Pyrrha's dancing around enemies for a while when those dudes left several openings, Mirio just turned intangible and went in on everyone. Also, his power actually works, as nobody's demonstrated Pyrrha having the level of magnetism she'd need to have to do anything with it.

@Dargoo Im not im stating exactly what youre arguing. All the people she beat have feats only via statements, nothing else. Ergo she has no skill feats by your logic.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Im not im stating exactly what youre arguing. All the people she beat have feats only via statements, nothing else. Ergo she has no skill feats by your logic.
No, you can watch how exactly they fight when they're battling Pyrrha. Those are feats.

And she has skill feats in every single fight she's been in.

This is beggining to just turn into a circular argument. Can we stop meandering on this and talk about the battle?

Animation limitations exist. A contradiction would be someone being notably bad, those dudes being stated to have trained for a while doesn't seem like a contradiction to me. Mirio just also wrecked a bunch of people like that and has a power to shut out Pyrrha entirely.

Anyway, discussion has gone long enough

My second favorite RWBY character loses to another favorite FRA

Now please excuse me as I cry in a corner.

Wok has a fair point.

They condradict what I'd picture a person with a lifetime fighting experience would act like, but that's me, I suppose.

However, keep in mind Mirio was trained under one of the most intelligent people in the verse, can just phase through Pyrrha's attacks and hit her then, and has deat with a wider variety of power-users.

And this isn't black or white. I'm not suggesting "Pyrrha has no feats". I'm just suggesting that what Mirio shows is better than what Pyrrha shows.

You can agree to disagree at that point.

24 hours have passed which means grace period is over.

I'll add this to their profiles in ten minutes from now.

Ok, want me to close the thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back