• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pyrrha Nikos vs Mirio Togata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wokistan said:
Who's better skillwise?
Mirio would be a much better hand-to-hand fighting, and I'd say even overall, considering Mirio could take on an entire class which had powerful and expereinced 8-Cs and High 8-Cs in it and win almost casually.

I'm not sure what the AP advantage is, but as long as it's nothing insane, Mirio should take it with moderate difficulty. Mirio is skilled beyond his years, meaning he's likely comparable to Pyrrha. And his intangibility means that Pyrrha will be hard pressed to land just a single attack. Especially given that Mirio can phase through attacks, and "teleport," giving him far more maneuverability.

Siding with him for now.

@Dargoo Pyrrha has done that too all while keeping her powers completely hidden for years on top of that

Wokistan said:
Who's better skillwise?
I would say they're pretty even.

Mirio was trained by someone who was considered to be the smartest perso in the MHA world, his main way of fighting is analyzing his opponents moves and predicting their actions.

Similar to predicting the future.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo Pyrrha has done that too all while keeping her powers completely hidden for years on top of that
The most Pyrrha has taken on at once was like three huntsmen in training, and they aren't even that physically comparable to her and aren't nearly as skilled as the people in Class A.

Also Mirio's training seems to be of a much higher quality than hers.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Lin Pyrrha has a ~2x AP advantage
Pyrrha should be baseline Large Building level which is 2 tons.

Mirio is 1.8 tons.

@Dargoo What? Pyrrha has taken on multiple opponents with a lifetime of training simultaneously and stomped them without taking a single hit.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dargoo What? Pyrrha has taken on multiple opponents with a lifetime of training simultaneously and stomped them without taking a single hit.
I think you're exaggerating the people she fought.

That and the people she fought lack good skill feats, which is something Class A has an abundance of.

Keep in mind Mirio was also able to beat them despite each of them having quirks that make them much more versatile than any huntsman in training.

Honestly the skill feats that Pyrrha has aren't even that impressive compared to the hand-to-hand skills of Izuku, the on-the-spot thinking of much of the class, I can go on.

Im not exaggerating at all, im stating exactly what happened.

You dont need good feats of skill when you know full well theyve spent their lives training to be huntsmen.

Everyone Pyrrha fought had a unique semblance and Pyrrha beat them without actually displaying her own semblance and has done so for years. And i genuinely doubt Quirks are more versatile than Semblances.

You can go on but you'd be wrong, Pyrrha has more and better skill feats than Izuku.

Seriously i need to make a thread about this because im getting tired of this logic that 'their skill feats didnt happen on screen therefore they have no skill feats'

Quality over Quantity. Stating you're very skilled has infinitly less substance than showing good skill, especially since the three dudes she fought do not act like they've been trained all they're life.

I don't remember them using their semblances in battle. And yes, Quirks that have entire episodes dedicated to developing them and showing their combat application are definitly more versatile than semblances we don't know about and that weren't used.

Considering your only evidence is "these guys trained a while" and nothing else, I don't even need to go on.

The issue is that there isn't even feats. There's just "I trained X long", which is about as vapid as the steam coming off of a fallacy stew.

Pyrrha's is both Quality and Quantity. And way to ignore all of her other fights btw.

Proof that Quirks are more versatile?

All huntsmen in training have been training in combat since childhood, developing their own unique combat styles and building their weapons from scratch as a reflection of those fighting styles, have years of experience fighting and killing monsters that are fully capable of killing them if they make a mistake.

There are feats. An abundance of feats. Pyrrha has won dozens of tournaments and has the skill to become one of the most skilled fighters in the world without anyone being able to figure out what her semblance is.

Skill feats don't necessarily have to happen on screen. Extreme examples I know, but look at people like Khârn the Betrayer and Oryx, the Taken King. We still don't even know how Kharn moved around the eye of terror for all that time, hence why he has no flight or anything. We obviously didn't have Oryx's billions of years tearing through the universe all in grimoire or in the game. They're still applicable, as both characters have other stuff to go off of as well.

Mirio's feats being more impressive due to us actually knowing what he did is one thing, but stuff that happened offscreen didn't just not happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-_Ncx9oamU

I said that the quirks we see from Izuku, Bakugo, and the rest of the class are much more versatile than semblances that weren't even used in the fight.

I've watched the series, Weekly. I'm not saying Pyrrha is without skill, she has plenty of decent feats, but she doesn't have the versatility, quality of training, or better feats to back her up.

Also, yes, I think taking on 20 different students with different quirks, many of whom rival Mirio in AP, and winning casually, is much better than what Pyrrha has shown.

However, if they've just been training a while and don't have much to show for it, that's another thing entirely.

Wokistan said:
However, if they've just been training a while and don't have much to show for it, that's another thing entirely.
That's what I'm saying.

The statements don't line up with the showings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhaxzYsms_0

Watch Mirio's fight with Class A, and make the judgement yourself. Those students don't look or act like lifetime warriors in the slightest.

WeeklyBattles said:
All huntsmen in training have been training in combat since childhood, developing their own unique combat styles and building their weapons from scratch as a reflection of those fighting styles, have years of experience fighting and killing monsters that are fully capable of killing them if they make a mistake.
Didn't Cardin's entire group run from a single Ursa?

lol now that I think about it, Jaune got to unlock and use his semblance twice before Cardin or his team ever used theirs once

Eh, from what I can tell with Mirio his intangibility totally shut out a bunch of the cast, meaning he doesn't really need skill for that, although his fighting style seems a lot more efficient than Pyrrha and he did pull off a neat little trick there with Midorya. Mirio's probably better at dealing with versatility from what I've been shown, and with how much control he seems to have over his intangibility, Pyrrha's gonna have a difficult time hitting him, possibly comparable raw h2h skill or not.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Schnee Why wouldnt it be able to?
Because Pyrrha has never hit an intangible

Any attack is pointless if he's intangible to the point it reflects

DragonEmperor23 said:
WeeklyBattles said:
Didn't Cardin's entire group ru from a single Ursa?
My point is that what you said their skill level was is contradicted by what happens in the show.

Schnee One said:
Because Pyrrha has never hit an intangible

Any attack is pointless if he's intangible to the point it reflects
She doesnt have to, Magnetism takes care of that

How does being intangible make something not magnetic? Especially against magnetism that works on non-magnetic metal.

WeeklyBattles said:
@Dragon How is it contradicted? Grimm exist that are stronger than Huntsmen in training
The contradiction is that they ran away from the thing you said they have years of experience fighting and killing.

Magnetism is still a force acting on something. We treat all other forces as needing to demonstrate their ability to hit intangibles, why not this one?

Also you need to show her pulling a magneto and throwing people around by the metal in their blood or something because the dude's clothes seem to fall off immediately.

Dargoo Faust said:
Quality over Quantity. Stating you're very skilled has infinitly less substance than showing good skill, especially since the three dudes she fought do not act like they've been trained all they're life.
This is a bad analogy. By this logic, an omniscient who's only omniscient through statements would be less smart than say, Edward Elric.

@Dragon yes because its strong enough to oneshot them, same with how Pyrrha ran from a Deathstalker she wasnt strong enough to deal with on her own. Theyre not stupid enough to blindly run in against a far stronger opponent

The clothes he's wearing don't fall off. His hero costume is made from his hair so that doesn't happen

The real cal howard said:
This is a bad analogy. By this logic, an omniscient who's only omniscient through statements would be less smart than say, Edward Elric.
There's a big difference between omniscience and saying you have done X for X amount of years are justification for being better than someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back