• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puzzle and Dragons Verse/Profile Creation Thread!

XitSign

He/Him
Puzzle-dragons-banner

Alright Dragon Tamers, it's time to get PAD some profiles on the site!

I've been working with both friends and some other users on the site like Bobsican to gather information and organize everything for a Puzzle and Dragons Verse Page and a collection of profiles. As a fan of these games and the wide variety of monsters, dragons, and characters they have, I can't wait to get working on all of this, and this thread will be used to compile all the information we've gathered, get feedback, and use to have a centerpoint to start working on the creation with some support.

Verse Context:

Puzzle and Dragons is a match-3 Gacha style monster collecting game for IOS. You, the player, explore dungeons with your team of monsters and attack by connecting orbs of energy together to trigger power boosts for your team. These monsters have Elemental Manipulations based on their coloring:

Red - Fire

Green - Plant, Earth, Wind

Blue - Water, Ice

Yellow - Light, Holy, Electricity

Purple - Darkness, Death, (sometimes) Poison

(Yes, I know, Red really got the short end of the stick here with only one manip, but them's the breaks)

This system has a rock-paper-scissors aspect to it, where monsters of a certain color will have a Weakness to the manips of a color that has an advantage (Red > Green > Blue > Red || Yellow > Purple > Yellow)

Monsters can either be stand-alone or have stages of evolution where they can become bigger and stronger monsters. For the latter, we should probably handle them like Pokemon and Digimon, with a single profile and multiple Keys for stages of growth.

Monsters come in a variety of shapes, sizes, abilities, and power. On top of having stages, monsters also have a Star rating that (vaguely) determines how strong they are. Using similar stages and Star rankings, we can powerscale monster species without feats to species that do and flesh out the universe's power. Making this easier is that many monster species have direct counterparts that they should also be 1-to-1 equal to. For example, the 'Slime' series of monsters has a single slime evolution line for each color, and each of these slimes are the same size, same power, same star-ranking, and have similar abilities. This, along with the collections of feats we have found, will help establish consistency.

The final main note about how this universe works is talking about the human characters. While the IOS version of the game doesn't directly acknowledge player characters, the 3DS versions take the time to have an active story around a cast of characters that use monsters, and they should be handled how we handle other 'Monster Tamer' style characters, likely with early-game to end-game teams being recorded for their profiles.

And now that I've assaulted you with information...how about more? I'd like to list all the notable feats and information we could find in Puzzle and Dragon Z for 3DS

Note: The IOS game does have feats and information to work with, but unfortunately most, if not all, has yet to be translated out of Japanese, so currently the 3DS game (Z) is our best source of reliable information currently. I'm working on compiling more information through translations but Google Translate is not my friend, will update with more when complete.

Stage 1, 1 Star Monsters (Fodder):

Wouldn't be a monster collecting game without fodder. PAD's fodder are 1-Star monsters at Stage-1, these are the weakest you can get. However, the Zed City Rangers were established in universe to keep peace and avoid these monster from causing harm, so despite them being fodder they are of some concern to normal people:

Woodsie: Known to knock people unconscious with a strike when disturbed.

Zabgo: Can swim at 30 mph, or 13.4112 m/s

These are the only feats of interest we have for this level of low tier fodder monster. The speed feat is SuperHuman, and is likely applicable for Combat Speed as Zabgon are frequently fought from bodies of water as well as coming onto land.

The AP is a bit iffier, as it is only one statement, but knocking an average person out with a single strike and being a threat to normal people should be between 10-A to 9-C

The other 'Slimes' and lower tier 'Starter Dragons' should scale to this, as they are elemental counterparts to Woodsie and Zabgon. This should be the baseline for the verse.

Stage 2, 2 Star Monsters:

Stepping it up, but just a little, the next tier of monsters gets a bit more powerful, and we have a better group of feats to work with.

Melagios: Vaporizes small bodies of water as a hunting tactic for fish. From what I can find vaporizing that much water is assumed 9-B

Melabur: Similar to Melagios, but instead 'boils away' water surrounding it when submerged.

Moriganno: Causes tremors when panicked. We have no idea the severity, but likely very low tremors as the entry doesn't make any special note of their power, 9-B is lowest possible assumption to my knowledge

Warzard: Punches faster than the speed of sound. Applicable combat speed feat, and from what I was told in the discord, that kind of speed (assuming a human-sized fist) could translate to a 9-B punch:
"KE's 1/2mv^2

so apparently a fist is 0.7kg

1/2(0.7)(343.2)^2

41225.184 (Joules)" Courtesy of Wokistan

With these four in mind, this rank of monsters seems comfortably 9-B, with Supersonic Combat speeds

Stage 3, 3 Star Monsters:

Next up are our third stages and other comparable monsters, not a huge jump again but a sizable one non-the-less.

Mistrai: Can rain down cloud to ground lightning, and enough to burn down entire forests. Should be comparable to real lightning. 8-C

Shade: Moves fast enough to vanish during attack animation, and its description claims it can strike before the opponent can blink. Is an evolution path for Warzard and should be superior regardless.

GrimRock: Can strike the ground hard enough to cause fissures up to a mile away. We were unable to calc this yet, or have someone calc it, but it seemed impressive, and at least on part with Mistrain's feat if not better.

Not as many solid feats this time, mostly because we've been unable to fully quantify GrimRock yet, but we're currently settling with an 8-C with at least Supersonic speeds for this group of monsters.

Stage 4, 4 Star Monsters:

This group of monsters gets suddenly big in comparison to our last batch, almost every feat is generously above where our last collection stopped off so get ready:

Levia: Can created violent storms when threatened. I know that calcs for storm got nerf batted hard, and we have next to no information, so this probably means little. But putting out there as something notable.

Mjolnir: Can 'shake the very continent itself' Draconia (the main setting of Z) is comprised of seven countries and is of a similar size to the other continents on an earth-like planet. The landmass should be impressive, but likely requires some assumptions and calcs before we can be sure of how powerful this is yet. Likely Tier 6

ForestBah: Similar speed to Shade, fights fast enough that its opponents can't register what is happening. Should be generously superior to Warzard at this point.

Dragon Asura: Has an attack where it shoots a pillar of fire up from 'The depths of the earth'. I was told this is likely Tier 6 with the required energy to crack the surface of the planet to draw out this energy, but vague description means we didn't know how to calc for sure.

Ancient Dragon Knight: Reduces Mountains to dust with its attacks. At least 7-A

Verche: Is as fast as lightning. Using the average we use for Lightning Speed that's Massively Hypersonic+

Exia and Crowley: These two are grouped together because they're both elemental counterparts with almost the exact same feat, with one covering the planet in light and the other in darkness with their powers. This has been calced here by user Mephistus, with the results varying from Low 6-B to 6-B

While these feats are becoming a little harder to get values for as they get bigger, it seems consistent that this group of monsters should fit safely in Tier 6, likely 6-B with Massively Hypersonic+ speeds.

5 Star, Legendary Monsters:

And everyone's favorite part when it comes to Monster Collecting games, the Legendary monsters! Gods, deities, and just REALLY powerful creatures that rival the 'God Tiers' in-universe. Time to cover those legendries and the monsters on their level.

Arkvelza: (Spoilers) Arkvelza is used as an unwilling power source in the events of the game, with some of his power being forcefully stolen to cause chunks of the planets surface to be torn up and lifted up into the sky. Arkvelza's power is the main trigger of the plot, and it's likely only a part of his power as he was resistive of this process. One of the pieces of the planet's surface that was moved can be seen here. In total, there was (at least) 64 of these chunks ripped from the planet when Arkvelza's power was used, but possibly more as four extra pieces return to the surface off-screen. If possible to calc, it should be ASAP as it's the most important event in the plot, and might be useful for determining the Legendary tiers.

Vritra: 'Annihilated an entire world simply to satisfy its thirst for destruction' First of all: Metal. Secondly: We have no timeframe or context for this, so could be anywhere from 6-A to 5-B so some input on some acceptable assumptions would be good.

Awoken Hera: Can turn 'lush lands' to deserts, wither trees, while also covering the skies in her darkness. Similar to Crowly and Exia, but on a larger scale with some affect on the planet itself too. Possibly casually as well, as the dex entry makes it sound like this is just her getting angry or upset that causes this. At least 6-B due to being superior to Crowly in rank and feat strength.

Amaterasu Ohkami: Envelopes the whole world in shadows if she should ever frown. Again, similar to Exia and Crowly, but seems a lot more casual as all she needs to do is change mood.

The Arkvelza Calc is very important for clearing up this group of monsters, as he's considered one of the strongest of the legendary monsters and many others scale directly to him via feats and statements, but with what we have the Legendary monsters seem to have proof that they should be at least 6-B via casually comparing to and outranking Exia and Crowly, and possibly even higher via feats and statements. No speed feats, so we can only assume they are on par, if possibly superior, to Verche's Massively Hypersonic+

And Finally ― Odds and Ends!:

These monsters are weird, they have special situations, their feats are somewhat inconsistent, and I'd like feedback about where would be most appropriate to put them/getting calcs for their own feats in their unique descriptions.

Echidna (and the Healer Girls): The Healer Girls are an interesting archetype of monsters in-universe. They're considered highly desirable, powerful, and have useful abilities. However their evolution chain doesn't match up with the chains we use for the main tiers above and comparable monsters, there's only two stages to the Healer Girls. They start as Stage 1s with 2 Stars and jump to Stage 2 with 4 Stars, and I mean JUMP, they get ludicrously stronger after that leap. So it makes them harder to place than other evolution lines that line up with what we talked about above.

Echidna also has a feat of her own in her description, swinging her swords fast enough that they catch fire. No magic involved with that attack. I don't know how fast that would need to be, and how hard that might hit, but possibly useful if they can't/logically shouldn't be scaled to anything else.

Death Scissors: This one-off monster has no evolution chain; it starts at 4 stars as a hidden bonus monster. And its description only talks about shattering metal. A high rank, secret boss, and decent stats…but a very underwhelming lore description.

Gold/Metal/Jewel Dragons: Ever hear of the Metal Slime? Gung-Ho did. These dragons are exactly what you think they are, metal slimes for the PAD universe. They don't hit hard, they run away all the time, and only defining trait is bulk. They have a 3 Star Rank but definitely haven't earned it via strength, wanted thoughts about what could be done with the living EXP points.\

Conclusion:

I want PAD profiles. I want em baaaaaaaad.

More productively, a quick TLDR:

Stage 1, Star 1 Monsters - 10-A/9-C with SuperHuman Speed

Stage 2, Star 2 Monsters - 9-B with Supersonic Speed

Stage 3, Star 3 Monsters - 8-C with at least Supersonic Speed

Stage 4, Star 4 Monsters - 6-B (Possibly, waiting on calc acceptance and input) with Massively Hypersonic+ Speed

Legendary Monsters ― At least 6-B, but likely higher, with at least Massively Hypersonic+ Speed

I'd really like to hear community input and feedback before going any further with this, some opinions on what to do with the stranger one-off monsters that don't quite fit the mold we've been able to make, and I'd like to try getting some calcs going for the feats that are currently unknown ASAP (especially Arkvelza). We've been working hard on this, and if PAD is getting on the Wikia I want them done right and done justice.

(Wow this thread turned out long and rambling...gonna be embarassing if I've made some sort of huge mistake in here...)

The trick it to gather users knowledgeable on it, have enought will to try to index stuff and you can get pretty far.

Except nobody seems to be aware of it. Or rather, they're aware of it, but nobody has played it enough to help me.

Just search for feats and ask around at one of the wiki´s Discord´s servers to see if they´re valid and so on.

Okay, so, bridging the gap between the IOS game and the 3DS games is still a work in progress BUT:

On the Offical PAD website, Deus Ex Machina's description and storyline claim she was created to, and did, battle the Dragon King, the name and title of one of the major villians of Puzzle and Dragons Z who was a rival to the Skydragons.

Deus Ex Machina is also a two stage 'desended god', who has a base form and an upgraded Awoken Form, just like the original Hera did.

So Deus Ex Machina could be the connecting thread to prove that PAD has a unified verse, and that she's comparable to Hera and other Legendary monsters, and that the decended/specialty monsters with similar two-stage forms and star-rankings should be comparable to her in turn.

...So yes, @00potato , by my logic of how we should handle the PAD verse Dolq's epic sax solo should be 6-B at the very LEAST.

...Powerscaling is fun sometimes. XD

I might make some profiles for some of the characters from Dolq's event just so I can make music references.

It would honestly make me so happy to see the Draconic Orchestra join the wiki as well, music fights!

Though, I do want to get some more feedback to see if people think my proposal for the verse checks out before we start going too crazy. But as soon as we do, please know yourself out. PAD has a metric ton of characters, I can't give them all profiles on my own, I'll be happy to accept the help!

I know, I don't plan on ever seeing ALL the characters get profiles...but with how many PAD has and how many have interesting quirks, I'd like to get a good amount of them done regardless.

A little pet project, see how much of the roster I can add to the site for documentation and fight-idea reasons. And the more people willing to make profile's for thier personal favorites the better, less work I do alone, and maybe they'll pick some of the monsters and characters I would overlook.

A small update, been working hard to get some example profiles done with all the information we've compiled.

Used three monsters with differing evolution paths and useful feats and one of the legendary monsters just to give a good variety.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Woodsie_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Zabgo

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Mystic_Light_Knight_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Arkvelza_Profile

They are just drafts because there's still a lot of work to do. Finalizing calcs, getting new calcs, listing more abilities (namely, the enemy versions of abilities where they have differant attacks), and possibly more additions all around as we decide how to handle certain game mechanics and gimmicks, like Heart Orbs, and if that means monsters should have some sort of Healing ability.

So, I remember there being crossover characters being in the mobile game for PAD, such as Evangelion or Batman characters.

Are those just going to go through the standard scaling that the rest will? Because of course, we need more Batman on here.

So far, probably not, as even Mario and Final Fantasy had a crossover with it, which means that a bunch more work would have to be done for such a proyect.

Maybe later on, however.

Unless we find something that controdicts this general gameplan, I honestly don't see why we couldn't apply the same scaling to crossover versions of the characters and give them PAD-Verse profiles.

I think Crossover rules would actually prefer we do it that way, since they're the guests in this senario.

Of course like Bobsican said, that's probably down the line no matter how we handle it, we've got a ton of importaint characters and monsters to do that are original to the verse before we think about crossover profiles...though, if we do, we have to do Batman just to make the main page even worse. XD

Wow, This project really slowed down, better kick this back to life ASAP.

I've been distracted, sadly, with work, real life obligations, and other bits on nonsense on this site that I've completely neglected getting PAD profiles out, so I decided to do a little cleanup tonight.

Did some proofreading, fixed some mistakes in spelling and in format, but most importaintly I've decided to go forward with the 'Everything in the verse has Healing' thing I was talking about.

Orbs are the main gameplay mechanic, but they're also well explained and established in-verse to be a thing. Characters and monsters both regularly interact with them and aknowlege thier existance, so I don't see any reason to neglect the orbs for the profiles for PAD. Orbs exist in the atmosphere everywhere so I think we can assume that, unless the situation was very spesific, PAD monsters can draw on the Orbs in most VS Battle situations, which means they should have acess to Heart Orbs.

TLDR, unless the context restricts them, it seems standard that every monster can use Heart Orbs to heal in most locations, Healing should be a basic ability of almost everything in the verse.

And with that sorted out, I think the profiles are pretty ready to go live and start building a Verse page...so for everyone who still cares about this, I ask for your help. Do your best, add some PAD profiles, discuss and collaberate and talk to each other, I really want to see a PAD community here for documentation and VS Debates, and I think we have the framework for it. So pick your favorite collectable monsters and have some fun! I'll be sure to read them with bated breath!

Okay, that seems good.

I´m occupated with Barney right now however.

Can you find some HQ renders of some "Mons"?

Unforuntately, that's going to be a toughy.

PADZ isn't well documented online (the only wiki is in, I think, Spanish and still incomplete), and the original PAD's Renders aren't all public either. There was a project to rip the renders and sprites from the games, but it seems that was abandoned a while ago.

I'm seeing about learning to rip game data myself and upload what I can get so we don't have to use the Dex entries I'm using now, because I'll agree...they look bad.

But until then it's the best I can do. Placeholders until I can get HQ renders on my own!

Amazing timing too, I just got done working on a draft for the Melagon line over in my Blog

I'm trying to get all the Starter Dragons from PADZ and the Mystic Knights done since they're our main source of feats for non-legendary/god monsters. Plus the slimes because...they're iconic, can't play PAD without the slimes.

Once they're done I'm going to try to have a verse page up to start storing them all and then its the wild west, there will be enough example profiles and information that pretty much any monster in the series could get a profile if anyone wants to add one.

You only need at least one profile for a verse page, BTW. It would be a good idea to publish those two at the same time (the verse page and a profile), so meanwhile it also gathers supporters

I know, but I want all the profiles with relevant feats to go live pretty close to one another, just so there isn't any confusion about tier placements. That's why I'm only doing three monster groups and not everything all at once, these are just the most importaint three when it comes to feats since they have almost all of the feats in the verse.

Sure thing!

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Woodsie_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Zabgo

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Mystic_Light_Knight_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Arkvelza_Profile

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:XitSign/Melago

Here's every profile I have so far. I really should've just made a sandbox for this...

There's still some cleaning up to do, some formating fixes to make it all look nicer, some extra ability additions if I can, and I think I totally downplayed the inteligence of these monsters because so much lore personifies them with very human traits and problem-solving skills.

So, yeah, some work still needs done, but I think a good chunk of the tough stuff is out of the way.

It is done! We have a Verse page and a handful of scaling importaint monsters with profiles already set up! I think I've gotten all the links working just right, so we're good to go forward with catalouging the PAD roster.

That's 91 down...A couple thousand to go. Oh boy.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Puzzle_and_Dragons

Knock yourselves out everyone! Start adding your favorite monsters from the series. And be sure to correct anything you find that might be wrong...This was a lot of work, so no promises that I didn't slip up somewhere in there.

I also expect things to be in flux for a while, getting calcs done and approved will probably change some tiers, we need to agree on a system for adapting the Mobile Game monsters in-line with the feats set up in PADZ, and we just need to add more monsters to the party.

On my to-do list: I'd like to get the other Skydragons done and Hera, since Hera has a comparable amount of power to Deus Ex Machina, who was apparently involved in PADZ's plotline despite being a Mobile exclusive, so she's likely the importaint connecting thread for scaling the Mobile exclusives properly.

So a small update, and a general call for help and everyone's opinion.

I'm working on finishing up some major notable profiles for PADZ, basically all the monsters you know and love. Skydragons, Healer Girls, Toy Dragons, Original Starter Dragons, Zues and Hera, ect.

Once I'm done with that, I'd like to use those profiles for refrence moving into the IOS game (See explination about Deus Ex Machina), but I've hit a minor roadblock.

A lot of the scaling I'm using comes from the in-game rating system in PADZ because it's shockingly pretty consistant. Not only are stats pretty consistant with ratings (I know, game mechanics, so that doesn't matter, but bare with me) but the kind of feats described are pretty consistant with other monsters of similar ranks as well. The creators kept the escalation of power pretty reasonable.

But PAD for IOS is a bit differant. Thier rating system goes a LOT higher than PADZ, and some of the monsters in PADZ have a differant rating in the IOS game, ussually not by a big amount but it's still noticable.

I think general common sense should be used for who should scale to who (decended/awoken gods and specialty monsters are probably all comparable, for example), but I wanted some more input from everyone else if they have any other ideas or opinions.

I'm assuming 'higher' will probably get used when we start talking Ultimate Evolutions (gotta love powercreep)

Since the base forms of a lot of these monsters are likely to scale to, or even above, the high tiers like Exia, and then they get an extra more powerful form ontop of that. We have no feats for those forms, we only know they're stronger.

The ones I'm really terrified of are Valkyrie and Hera. Gungho refused to let those two die meta-wise and kept giving them new forms to stay relevant. Valkyrie has an ultimate evolution...that has an ultimate evolution...that has ANOTHER ultimate evolution

Actual statements are needed for such high scaling, for such cases a "Unknown, at least 6-B" would work

Honestly, is the 'Unknown' nessisary? We're sure thier base form is the appropriate tier based on scaling to monsters like Exia that do have feats and statements. Wouldn't just 'At Least' be more appropriate?

Especially for the situation I mentioned with Valkyrie, she form changes 4 times in total after comparing to Exia, 'Uknown, at least 6-B' seems like it's going to be a format mess. She's likely to end up with 6 keys, 4 of which are 'stronger than before'.

Probably best for keeping things clean, yes.

Last thing I want if to kill someone's eyes if they browse or need to refrence the PAD pages. I love the series, but some monster evolution lines can be a bit bloated...

Probably should when I get the time, I'll have to do it before I start moving into some of the IOS profiles. But that will be a little ways off, I want to get all the really notable and importaint monsters and characters from PADZ first.

This is probably going to be the project that consumed most of my time on this wiki, I can feel it.

Back