• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Theglassman12

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
What's this? Kal and Data aren't making a PMMM revision this time??? What kind of universe am I in right now?

Jokes aside. There's some stuff that seems to be missing regarding the Magical girls and witches profiles.

Now I want to get the big one that will scale to every magical girl out of the way.

Magical Girls:

Weaknesses:

"If the soul gem is destroyed, they will die as well":
It's proven during the main show where Mami shot Kyoko's gem and killed her, then Madoka doing the same to Mami where both girls end up dead a split second later.

"If the soul gem is away from the body for more than a couple hundred meters, the body will collapse as an empty husk": This is from the fact that when Madoka threw Sayaka's Soul Gem away in a highway during the duel between her and Kyoko, and after 10 seconds, her body collapse thanks to her soul being away from her body.

"If the Magical Girl overuses their magic too much, their soul gem will be drained to the point where they cannot be able to move:" This is from the Kyoko and Mami spinoff where after Mami won her fight against Kyoko in the end of the manga, her soul gem was at its limits and she collapsed into the ground due to it being drained.

Homura Akemi:

Weaknesses:

There's also some extra weaknesses for Homura that I'm surprised no one bothered to mention.

Should anyone make any Physical contact with her, whether it's by contact or by holding onto something that's attached to her, they will break out of her timestop: This is based on the fact that when in the main show, Homura was able to snap Kyoko out of her timestop when running away from a witch by holding onto her, the Rebellion movie where she was going to torture the doll, and the doll froze in time when she let go, then snapped back when Homura grabbed it once more. And lastly, when the entire Mami vs Homura fight happened. Mami had her ribbon attached onto Homura the entire time, which was why she was able to fight her despite time being stopped.

If anyone stops her shield from activating, her time abilities won't work: This is from the fact that when Sayaka confronted Homura in Rebellion, she jammed her sword into Homura's shield when she tried to timestop, and it didn't work until AFTER she got the sword out.

Now there's some other stuff that should be added. And that's Self Sustenance for the witches due to them lacking human sustenance, but which SS exactly is what I want to discuss. And Kal mentions that the magical girls should have some form of SS as well.

Theglassman12 said:
"If the soul gem is away from the body for more than a couple hundred meters, the body will collapse as an empty husk": This is from the fact that when Madoka threw Sayaka's Soul Gem away in a highway during the duel between her and Kyoko, and after 10 seconds, her body collapse thanks to her soul being away from her body.
100 m actually.

The SS stuff is already being discussed in the other revision thread btw

I was sure those were already in the profiles

Anyway, this is fine. Btw the part about the overuse of magic is due to the soul Gem getting corrupted by it, also shown with Sayaka in the main series who reached the point where she was barely able to walk before transforming into Oktavia

Though they use the grief seeds to essentially recharge their gems right? Isn't it the same thing as draining a battery to depletion?

Kinda, with the difference that this battery explodes when depleted or under heavy emotional stress

Though it did take time for it to actually work right? Cause Mami didn't immediately turn into a witch after her fight with Kyoko. She was just unable to move.

It's like being stabbed and left there until you bleed out.

It takes time because they try to hold it back, but it's actually instant when Minou forces other magical girls to become witches in Tart Magica

ahh, so how about, "Overusing their powers can lead to their soul gems being corrupted, in which they'll be forcefully turned into witches in the process."

alright, so how about the Self Sustenance stuff? I know the Witches would likely get all 3 types due to never showing to eat, breathe or sleep, but how would the Magical girls scale?

I thought you were semi-joking when you asked me

A trend you might notice here is that I'll point out these are only weaknesses in the perspective of the girls (And by extension, the series as it's from their point of view) when its depicted as an advantage by Kyubey.

"If the soul gem is destroyed, they will die as well"

Well technically its because they are the soul gems. Its why they have immortality type 6. If the soul gems were physically weaker than the body, then I can see why it would be considered a weakness, but Magia Record and this calc actually show the soul gem is >>>> more durable than the actual body. The latter shows Homura having her body essentially broken after a skyscraper falling on her, but her soul gem doesn't even have a scratch. In Magia Record, many possessed black feather magical girls try attacking only the soul gem to one shot, but the magical girls manage to survive the hits quite easily (Though it is painful).

"If the soul gem is away from the body for more than a couple hundred meters, the body will collapse as an empty husk"

That is because the soul gem is no longer possessing the body, its more of a range thing. Not to mention, unless its base Mami Tomoe, most magical girls already or have learned about the possessing thing, so it would just possess something else.

"If the Magical Girl overuses their magic too much, their soul gem will be drained to the point where they cannot be able to move:"

I have no issue real issue with that, just the wording since it implies they run out of magic (Corruption isn't a lack of magic, its an abundance of despair). Though I guess an argument can be made that you're literally describing stamina.

"Should anyone make any Physical contact with her, whether it's by contact or by holding onto something that's attached to her, they will break out of her timestop."

I'm pretty sure most time stops work that way in fiction work that way. Not sure why it would be considered a weakness here.

"If anyone stops her shield from activating, her time abilities won't work"

That works. It's really unlikely to ever happen, but it probably should be noted.

SomebodyData said:
"Should anyone make any Physical contact with her, whether it's by contact or by holding onto something that's attached to her, they will break out of her timestop."

I'm pretty sure most time stops work that way in fiction work that way. Not sure why it would be considered a weakness here.
ZA WARUDO! doesn't work that way, just look at the Dio trolls Polnareff scene or Kakyoin not realizing he was in stopped time when Dio punched him. It is a weakness that should be noted.

I agree with the OP.

@Dragon most who attack in stopped time generally have an effect on their victims, though because of the limited contact (Usually just a punch or an object thrown at them instead of being grabbed or something). Otherwise, KE would be stacked on and on, which this wiki needs proof of first.

Really, the Mami vs Homura fight is more of Mami's intelligence feat than Homura's weakness.

@Triforce DIO was actually going to be my example lol, like when he hit the cat in time stop. The Kakyoin scene also falls under this, his body is clearly affected but because the contact is limited, he doesn't fully get out.

We also had a thread, ironically, about DIO regarding something similar. Spoiler alert: It was concluded to not be the case.

@SD But they don't break out of timestop. Just DIO effecting stuff within it, but they're still frozen in time. I mean, this is what happens in the Polnareff scene basically, and yet Polnareff cannot realize what's going on.

C8C0EF57-6115-42E9-8A05-81C10DBD9639

You mean moving characters and objects while time is stopped? That's different from other people being able to move in your time stop because they are holding on to you while time is stopped or if someone touched you while you were stopping time and that let them stay not stopped.

@Triforce Yeah I know, but I already pointed out this is because it is only limited contact.

The example being used for Homura has her straight up connected the entire time stop.

@Dragon nah, not moving objects. I mean the recoil as a consequence of the KE dispersing even after the punch went through because of the contact.

Yes, I can understand that part. But touching people during stopped time doesn't usually bring them out of stopped time. You can move them sure, but they're not conscious and only move in the ways that you touch them. Well, not in JJBA's portrayal of it.

Well yeah, I know that. But in PMMM's case this isn't just a touch, if that's what you're implying. And while they're not conscious, that's because of the limited contact, the same thing happens with Homura.

But it's not like if DIO held hands with Kakyoin during stopped time, then Kakyoin would become conscious and able to fight back.

Well that's because we never saw him do that.

Though, if I remember correctly, doesn't Part 7 Alt. Diego (In his initial encounter with Johnny) use his horse to sneak behind Johnny in time stop?

@Data that's never how time stopped work in general. If that was the case, Castlevania monsters would be able to move every time anyone of the Belmont's would hit them, or Izanami's timestop in BlazBlue would have the characters affected by the timestop actually move every time her hits landed.

It would stack somewhat. But the characters are standing still unable to move the entire time as she wombo comboes them

I mean, when I say stack, I mean like several minor hits becoming a one shot. It would stack on with KE to the point of one-shotting or jumping tiers.

Yeah, but if dispersion (or damage) happens mid-time stop, that means that the ke is in fact traveling through the body. Whether or not the contact is enough to take them out of time stop is a different story.

Just note in the time stop technique that stuff can move as long as Homura touches it

I agree with everything, as I already stated above

Yes, this is just a pathetic attempt to bump the thread without saying Bump; and I failed

If people really want to be noted, I guess I won't stop y'all, but you guys would probably have to first do it to a lot of profiles.

Back