• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Puella Magi General Discussion VIII: Why am I even still apart of this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Data Just put "Magia Record" on the search box facebook and it will come out.

Btw...

CHAPTER 10 PART 4

Walpurgisnacht arrived, but all of a sudden Eve began moving again. Unlike Touka and Nemu, Alina was NOT redeemed. She said she wanted to make the best art with Eve as her paintbrush. She wanted to cause chaos and destruction. She wanted to watch the world burn.

With these feelings, she became Holy Alina. Since it is another rumor, Nemu did her best to delete it but she couldn't. Then she had to fight against her and ended up with using all of her remaining strength. She asked everyone for forgiveness and collapsed into her civilian form. She is most likely dead...

After that, Holy Alina disappeared (her current whereabout is unknown) and Eve attacked to take Ui. Then child Kyubey said it could end Eve's corruption and went to Eve. It is emotionless, so it wouldn't become a magical girl or a witch by purifying Eve. The part ended like this. Now the only threat is Walpurgisnacht and everyone will fight it in the upcoming part.

They don't. But there has also been a debate over the pocket reality rules too, not sure there even will be a downgrade for anyone anymore. @Schnee

@Peter well it depends if they're all just gonna try beating her to death or haxxing her. Given that Ren Isuzu and Mitama Yakumo can't even fight without their hax, they're probably gonna. We don't know about everyone else, also not sure if Doppels still exist now that Eve is no more.

@SD Jesus I'm behind

I thought that the 7B feat was recalced at High 7A and it was an outlier, that's why it was being downgraded, or so I thought.

Yeah it was recalced with the new downgrade standards, the downgrade would have been an upgrade for most other verses lol. @Schnee

@Homu Calling you Beast just ain't right

So Nemu and Holy Alina are gone from the fight. But hold on, doesn't Holy Alina do stuff with Mifuyu in her side story? But Mifuyu is dead, no?

Also, Holy Alina was created because of Alina's feelings? Technically that's possible according to what was already stated, but that would be applicable to everyone wouldn't it? At least based on how the Rumor system works? That would be a massive potential ability for everyone.

Also, Eve's familiars have a torando creating feat in their new descriptions lol.

"Minions of the Happy Witch. Their role is to present offerings. The witch's swallow-like minions, who are collecting magic energy as offerings for their master. Several of them can gather together and whip up strong tornadoes, with which they collect nearby objects into a nest. They then store magic energy in the nests, where they make preparations to offer it to the witch. Their goal is to save their master in every way possible. Upon losing their master, they would ordinarily become unable to fulfill their role and vanish, but it seems that they're still hard at work in a different form somewhere else."

Let's midball it and say it requires 5, that would be still pretty high no? Especially for strong tornados.

Haven't check on Mifuyu's side story, so I cannot say anything just yet.

Possibly, I don't know about Mami, but didn't Tsuruno become a Rumor because her own feeling too?

SomebodyData said:
Also, Holy Alina was created because of Alina's feelings?
Holy Alina was created previously by Nemu as per Alina's request after seeing Holy Mami, but due to its bad efficiency and another rumor interfering with it she decided to not use it

@Homu Nah both were forcefully fused with a Rumor, the latter not being a 'proper rumor' (ie one meant specifically for her)

@RK oh okay, good to know.

Also Eve's real name is Shitori Egumo.

"The Happy Witch. Her nature is suffering. A "half-witch" who quietly grows within a membrane-enclosed womb, absorbing nutrients from the impurities released when Puella Magi become witches, the emotions that humans emit, and so on. In order to stabilize the contorted power she holds, gemstones are scattered across her body as she grows. When she eventually breaks free of her shell and matures, the newly-unchained witch will hungrily absorb all the energy there is. Should she swallow the entire planet, her feeding will likely continue unabated until she becomes a giant mass of cosmic matter."

That sounds familiar doesn't it?

Question

If downgrades aren't going to happen

Does this mean we can just change Holy Mami to 7A? Or does she not scale somehow?

So I just binged the Main series and Rebellion and I'm now Depressed and Confused on where to go next. Also reflecting on whether or not I should make a Madoka vs Homura match.

@Hst

The Wraith Arc connects PMMM and Rebellion if you want to keep reading stuff related to the main story.

Out of all the spin-off manga, Kazumi Magica is the "craziest" one, so to speak, Different Story focuses on Mami and Kyoko so i'd recommend checking it out if you like them, Suzune Magica is about a magical girl assassinating other magical girls (I personally like it, but it's not on the level of most other spin-off mangas), Oriko Magica is about two magical girl assassins, Homura's revenge is about a time loop where Homura brings Madoka back in time along with herself, Tart Magica is the Hundred Years War but with magical girls.

You can read them in the order that you prefer, they aren't connected to each other

Hst master said:
So I just binged the Main series and Rebellion and I'm now Depressed and Confused on where to go next. Also reflecting on whether or not I should make a Madoka vs Homura match.
Welcome to the feels train man :'v

Beast Zero Gudako said:
Read the Wraith Arc first, then you can go to either Tart Magica or Kazumi Magica or Suzune (I wouldn't recommend the last one tho).
I would say give it a try just because it doesn't cost anything to check out scans, but it's a really uninteresting series beyond the idea of killing magical girls and Suzune is one of the most bland protagonists I have ever seen.

@Schnee I mean, the series only has 12 chapters iirc, and it didn't even take fifteen minutes to finish reading them. But I seriously wish I could get back those fifteen minutes I wasted back then.

@Veloxt

>No the 4th movie.

Heresy!!! I still believes it up until today. Wait and Hope. That is the motto a certain Avenger taught me. :v

Suzune Magica should get the Sadness Prayer treatment, a pseudo-remake that fixes most of the issues.

@Velox well I mean, Magia Record was originally planned for 2012 to fill the gap between Rebellion and the fourth movie, but look where we're at now.

Also dark age? We're getting two magia record manga and a magia record anime, right after having a screenplay and a musical. Not sure if dark age is exactly the best thing to call it.

Also Mami's Everyday life just got its fifth volume a few months ago

If production has started (From what I understand), then the anime is just a few months away from being aired.

@Schnee more sad Mami I guess lol

Still no upcoming official English Puella Magi manga releases from Yen Press tho ;_;

I'm also still waiting for the official English Volumes of Wraith Arc. And Magia Record whenever that comes out.

About Holy Alina's feat, I don't think that it's 4-A or MFTL+.

Like, she warps the sky, yes, but she doesn't affect the stars in the background in any way.

It looks more like she's creating the attack up in the air Madoka style

I dunno, because the warping looks like a spiral nebula, which would have to be in space.

I could try to find some pre-animation boards to find out what she's specifically doing, but considering the nebula, not sure the perspective argument may work here.

I mean, I get what you mean, but given that we are talking about a reality warper who can create pretty much whatever she wants, no matter how weird it is (just look at the labyrinth of a witch) I feel that we should have better evidence rather than "it looks like a nebula", especially if the stars aren't actually affected

SomebodyData said:
ALSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSO
DIS
My hope:

• PlsbeKazumiMagicaplsKazumiMagicaPlsKazumiMagica
  • Anime adaption of Different Story
  • Make the Movie 4 Project into Series instead
  • Story centering Mami as the protagonist
Otherwise YES!!!

But....who gonna fill the soundtrack? PMMM without Kalafina is like eat Cereal without milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back