• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Downgrades: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game guide clarified that Alex Mercer is the strongest infected that should put it above Goliaths; to be fair, the game guide statements were just found for this thread yesterday after the arguments for downscaling were made to Goliaths were made. I don't remember much of the game but there are a lot imply events that Alex Mercer is strongest infected and if stated there I will try to found it.

I'd say doing matches should be done right after the changes in the tiers has been applied. Currently, most of Versus matches involving Mercer involves him in either one of his two final keys, so it would be better to wait until the changes has been applied for Alex Mercer being 8-C before we put characters like him back into matches again.

we still haven't discussed how we should apply the devestators since they have high 8C+ feats

as well as you know the one that covered the whole of manhattan at the end of P2

Antvasima said:
What is left to do here?

1. The speed need discussion since outright supersonic speed is wrong:
    1. So, separating the movement speed to be Subsonic and reaction speed would be needed like in this example here that can work for scaling the speed (Alex Mercer would have that new key speed, though)
    2. Elizabeth Greene's mother form need a speed statistic which should like this
  2. Resistance to Biological Manipulation being re-added to Alex Mercer's profile which was largely agreed in the last thread
Since the key accepted were made I can start making later regarding Alex Mercer and James Heller being 8-C. Alex Mercer's 3rd key get separated in two a key: "Prototype 1 End Game" and "Prototype 2"; his last two keys would be Tier 8 as discussed.

it Zamasu Chan said:
Can't final form Mercer tank a devastator?
I will be honest I think we should get a devastator's calculation if we are discussing because the tiering looks vague without one, to me?

Elizhaa said:
    1. So, separating the movement speed to be Subsonic and reaction speed would be needed like in thisexample here that can work for scaling the speed (Alex Mercer would have that new key speed, though)
heres the small ajustment

speed: Subsonic movement speed (capable of outrunning most veichles in game which includes AH-64Apache) with Supersonic+ reaction and combat speed (capable of reacting to and dodgeing shells fired from an M1 Abrams)/ at least Subsonic movement speed with at least Supersonic+ reaction and combat speed (has consumed many powerful infected and became stronger and faster then before but to an unknown extent)/ at least Subsonic movement speed with at least Supersonic+ likely Hypersonic reaction and combat speed (has become much stronger in the two years since prototype 1 to an extent where he was able to easily overpower James Heller who at the time has already surpassed most Evolved)/at least Subsonic movement speed with at least Supersonic+ likely Hypersonic reaction and combat speed(has consumed 8 Evolved and became even stronger and faster then before)

well you can but we already discussed that and we are chucking it up to gameplay

What? The Goliath can survive a devastator Base P2 Alex > Goliath which would mean high 8-C Alex Mercer.

Zamasu Chan said:
What? The Goliath can survive a devastator Base P2 Alex > Goliath which would mean high 8-C Alex Mercer.
yeah i know i made the same point but in the last thread about this and it was decided to be gameplay mechanics rather then actual canonical feats

Alright, so, I was contacted about the whole thing with Merced up-scaling from the Goliaths.

Admittedly, "the most powerful" does not always equal "the highest AP", which puts a bit of a crux in the argument that he's indisputably the most powerful thing created by the virus. However, contextually, I'm more than willing to accept that as evidence with the other things in mind. If it was possible, I'd probably consider it to be "likely" upscaling from the Goliaths, though I don't know if this would actually result in a tier change.

It's not just the fact that Mercer was "undisputedly the most powerful", but it is also consistent with him being able to completely overpower Mid-Game James Heller with only 2 punches in total, and James Heller was capable of defeating an 8-C such as a Goliath shortly after that encounter (which implies his hits are already signify that Alex Mercer's AP already has enough of a significant affect on James Heller to imply that the former's hits would already upscale from the Goliath).

The statement of Alex Mercer being undisputedly the most powerful is a big supporting evidence though, as the word "undisputedly" means he's the most powerful of all his infected "without questio". Backed up by an another statement of Alex Mercer being the "Pinnacle of Blacklight Evolution" (the Goliaths are Blacklight infected. Alex Mercer being the Pinnacle of Blacklight evolution heavily suggests that he's a greater Blacklight being than even the Goliaths). However, since you aren't exactly against the scaling, I'm only saying these points just to prove the validity of the scaling a bit more just in case.

To be honest, I think the Prototype 2 Alex Mercer keys should just be listed as 8-C, with his justifications stating that he is above the likes of even the Goliaths (which would just put him as unquantifiably above the 8-C extent of the Goliath's AP), just so we can also make it simple to include the Devastators in for the likes of James Heller and Alex Mercer as well for exclusive AP attacks.

By the way, what you going think of separating James Heller's profiles with keys into:

• 9-A (beginning) | 8-C (mid-game) | At least 8-C (end-game; became much stronger) [just a rough draft]
Also, what about you think about Alex Mercer's new keys:

• 9-A (Early/Mid Game ) | 9-A (end-game) | 8-C (Prototype 2) | At least 8-C (end-game/elvolved since he became much stronger) [just a rough draft]
I am a bit in real-life later with upcoming assignments so the edits I can make them tomorrow

I agree with it. Adding new keys to specify the version of the characters for the AP differences would help simplify the scaling chain of the Prototype characters.

What the other staff members have accepted can probably be applied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back