• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Downgrades: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forever arguing for high Regenerationn:

There's direct evidence of a single virio being fully functional/sentient and capable of taking over an entire organism on its own. This is the smallest level consuming event shown anywhere in both games, and Mercer is the virus.

Zamasu Chan said:
Wait a second, shouldn't some evolved be 8-C too?
Yeah, some are outright 8-C from being comparable to Mid-Game Heller; We could make the tier Varies, from 9-A (weakest) to 8-C (strongest)

Considering that the strongest ones would be baseline 8-C wouldn't that make final Form Mercer 8-C+ or even High 8-C? He did absorb 8 of them after all.

KLOL506 said:
carbusting I think
With fragmentation? Because I'm sure that's the 9-A value of car-destruction, with anything less than fragmentation not even qualifying for 9-A.

The 9-A values comes from the ilk of Hunters, beings that can one-shot tanks by jumping on them, which Alex Mercer regularly deals with and defeats in Prototype 1 (along with other 9-A feats).

Yeah, fragmentation. AFAIK and have seen they can literally crush cars by jumping on them, and that's not from the effect of explosions, just straight up stomping and throwing power (Alex and James can both throw cars hard enough to completely reduce them to small fragments.

I also remember some giant stuff having apparently created a crater by falling and throwing chunks of concrete here

Someone should calc this if possible.

ByAsura wrote:
It's not just the centre, as I explained. I believe there's a way of scaling it, so I'll look into that.

I do agree.

By the way, Mercer lifted an A.P.C, not an M1A1.

Mark 84s have a yield of 863 megajoules. That's Small Building level+. Makes sense, honestly, given that Mercer has grown in strength throughout the game, and he's clearly inferior to the Supreme Hunter, even with musclemass and armour.

I saw this in the old thread and how come none of his keys are 9-A+?

So, Class 50 for the APC stuff.

And does Mercer get hit in the face with a Mark 84? If so, yeah, he should be 9-A+.

I got more questions. Exactly how many tons does this hit with in its 9-A key and when Alex consumes someone, does his speed increase too?

Zamasu Chan said:
I got more questions. Exactly how many tons does this hit with in its 9-A key and when Alex consumes someone, does his speed increase too?
well he does get quicker the more he evolves through out the game but we don't know the exact amount thats why he has an "at least" in his speed key

KLOL506 said:
So, Class 50 for the APC stuff.
talking of lifting streangth should mercer have a Class K with muscle mass since it clearly states that it increases his lifting streangth by at least 2

Zamasu Chan said:
ByAsura wrote:
It's not just the centre, as I explained. I believe there's a way of scaling it, so I'll look into that.

I do agree.

By the way, Mercer lifted an A.P.C, not an M1A1.

Mark 84s have a yield of 863 megajoules. That's Small Building level+. Makes sense, honestly, given that Mercer has grown in strength throughout the game, and he's clearly inferior to the Supreme Hunter, even with musclemass and armour.
I was actually wrong about it. That was the Mark 83, the 84 is much more powerful by an amount I can't find anywhere.

We agreed not to use this, regardless.

I'm not exactly sure. Also, what's this about a tank gun?

It's part of a M1 Abrams weaponry and it's 9-A. Mercer can tank attacks from those so I'm trying to figure out how many time's baseline it is because it'll scale to Mercer and all the evolved will upscale from that.

Didn't Antoniofer have a handy blog to help us peeps with converting explosive yields to joules?

Zamasu Chan said:
It's part of a M1 Abrams weaponry and it's 9-A. Mercer can tank attacks from those so I'm trying to figure out how many time's baseline it is because it'll scale to Mercer and all the evolved will upscale from that.
2 times basiline

so we might as well skip over mercer tanking those shells as him tanking a hellfire missile(9kgs of tnt or 0.009 tons) is more impressive anyhow since he did that while basicly half dead

I'm planning on making a blog of the strongest infected Alex and James consumed so we can have an actual scale on Evolved Mercer, however does anyone know how much evolved James faught after he consumed the Goliath? There are 38 in NYZ but some of them scale to 9-A Heller while others scale to 8-C Heller.

They can in-game, but definitely not in cutscenes. Heller's devastator was heavily implied to have cleared Manhattan of all infected.

Before Heller absorbed Mercer, his devastators can destroy lairs. Lairs are underground areas that contain multiple, very large rooms and tunnels.

Zamasu Chan said:
I'm planning on making a blog of the strongest infected Alex and James consumed so we can have an actual scale on Evolved Mercer, however does anyone know how much evolved James faught after he consumed the Goliath? There are 38 in NYZ but some of them scale to 9-A Heller while others scale to 8-C Heller.
i have already done that before

Zamasu Chan said:
Ok ok but what about the Evolved post Goliath?
They should be 8-C; the justifications that they powerscaled to Mid-Game Heller is already on their profiles; if there are no disagreements, I will later make tier upgrade for the Evolved page that I proposed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back