• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype Downgrades: Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, why was Alex Mercer's stamina downgraded to just "Extremely high"? Last I've checked, his stamina was supposed to be "Limitless" due to several justifications, and it wasn't brought up on any of these two CRTs that his stamina should be downgraded.

These are my previous points about why Alex Mercer should have Limitless stamina in one of the past threads by the way:

" 1) He has never shown to actually physically tire out in Prototype 1, despite all the physical activities he's been through.

2) His abnormal physiology as a sapient virus (not a human) says that he doesn't operate in the same way as humans do. Especially considering that he is a shapeshifter with control over his entire body at the genetic level.

3) He can function without needing his internal organs intact (such as when he was able to move around when the huge hole in his head should've rendered his brain into mush). If he can operate without needing internal organs, he should not be able to conventionally tire out at all. Period."

Though this applies more to Alex Mercer than Pre-Mercer James Heller as we don't really know what James Heller exactly is aside from being a "Prototype".

There's also the points made by the original user who made a CRT about Mercer having anything less than Limitless stamina:

" The problem with this implication is that Alex is biomass. Every living being is. It is biological mass. Regardless of the amount of consumed biomass, there is a minimum baseline.

The main energy source of a human is the calorie (food). Without it, our bodily functions dwindle and we eventually die. Alex is made of biomass, which means he can't run out because he's made of it. Sure, he can run extremely low if his body is broken down to extreme levels, but to say he can run out of biomass is the same as saying he'll cease to exist altogether."

Fupdumpthegump said:
Do you think baseline 9A+ for Alex's end-game p1 would be ok, after all he did manage to hold his own against greens mother form.
I think the current tier is fine; I do know he would be close to 9-A+. + do required a calculation as stated in the Attack Potency page.

• Currently misused to an extraordinary degree on the wiki, the "+" symbol should only be used when the Attack Potency has been calculated to be greater than the average (arithmetic mean) of the high end energy level and low end energy level of a particular tier.

Antvasima said:
So have you reached a conclusion here?
We almost reach a conclusion on these topics:

• I did want more inputs on James's Heller key; there are agreements agreed with addition keys and no disagreements.
  • I want more inputs regarding Limitless stamina; it does seems fine to me so far.
  • More inputs toward Alex Mercer's speed key on like this would better; this key would be used for powerscaling all the other characters in the verse. So far, there have been agreements and no disagreement on it.

Okay. Thank you for the explanation.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

well now we just need to sort out the speed

add 3 more keys to heller

and put limitless or near limitless stamina on mercers profile

both work well since the charaters don't really show much tiredness at all no matter what happens hell even after heller ripped off mercers arms and gave him a beating of a life time mercer wasn't even pent up hell the way he said "huh welcome to the top of the food chain" was calm and collected as if he wasn't just put through the ringer

also the fact that organs don't really need to be there for the protags to function also supports the near to full limtless stamina

XSOULOFCINDERX said:
I don't remember, something about him being vaporized not sounding right or something?
I think this point was train of thought.

Now we just need to sort out the speed, add the keys for James Heller, sort out the AP of the Devastators, and we're pretty much done.

Also, should we re-add some of the Versus matches of Alex Mercer's that doesn't have too much AP difference?

In the past, Alex Mercer has notable victories against Vanilla Ice and Yoshikage Kira in speed equal matches, and both of their profiles puts them as 8-C as their strongest AP, even taking into account that there were large AP differences between them and Alex Mercer in the past (which doesn't exist now of course, but I doubt that would change the outcome as how the matches were concluded in Mercer's favour was mainly due to hax rather than AP). Would this be fine for those matches to be re-added to Alex Mercer's profile and the profiles of Vanilla Ice and Yoshikage Kira?

The versus matches can be re-added back. For Heller's keys, since there is no disagreemens I think they can be added to the profile.

I don't know what has transpired since I've last visited, but Alex and Heller > Goliaths should be common knowledge. Consumption works by adding the powers, abilities, and knowledge of what you consume to yourself. Heller should automatically be stronger than a Goliath after consuming one (and I believe you consume two). This has been the case for every consume event.

Bigger than that, game mechanics wise, consuming a Goliath provides no type of power boost in-game, and is consistently treated as an annoying side-task, compared to Heller consuming an Alpha Juggernaut which literally allows him to one-shot every infected, military super soldier and military vehicle in the game with a basic punch.

@Callsign Castle

What do you think about adding the new keys for James Heller's profile to specify particular versions of him in the game in regards the differences in AP and physical stats?

That involves fragmentation though, and there isn't any instances that the entire Abrams tank is destroyed into tiny fragments to my knowledge.

Okay, but there still isn't any instances of even normal fragmentation for destroying M1 Abrams tank. And that one instance of Alex Mercer destroying a Bradley tank with spikes in Prototype 1 is disregarded as bad graphics for some reason.

I'm back for the thread. Tiny fragments can still be regular fragmentation, such as an entire tank being reduced to fragments each weighing a few kilograms. They also never fragment the tanks, they hit them so much the tanks explode into large fragments.

@DeathNoodles It wasn't just bad graphics, it was that the tank was in unknown condition beforehand and enveloped by an explosion.

Look at the link I just sent for Prototype 2. The tank literally gets smashed into unrecognizable pieces after Heller hits it 8 times.

Which is due to the explosion, not Heller's hits, which don't produce explosions.

Wait, can Heller survive the tank exploding while he's still inside one or does he die instantly?

He's not harmed at all, but Heller, with a few exceptions I can't remember right now, isn't really harmed by non-weapon explosions (including fuel tanks and one gas station in the Yellow Zone) in-game, so it'd probably be game mechanics.

If the gas stations show any effects of overpressure like most fiction does (Like simply not combusting and actually acting like an explosion where stuff is sent flying back by the shockwave and reducing other concrete objects to fragments), I'd actually say they're more or less outliers. If it doesn't, the gas station explosions are only gonna be 9-B.

Kind of, but not really. It destroys anything destructible within range, and this isn't in a cutscene.

Heller also tanks this explosio (the hole he comes out of is on a different side of the building and was already there), but the damage ceases to exist in the very next scene and I doubt a single grenade could do that, even in Prototype.

Then y'all are gonna have to calc the maximum radius the gas station blows up stuff within. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back