• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prototype 1 Alex Mercer VS Venom and Wolverine, Rematch!

Since the old result was get remove because of the difference in Tier, so i going to create a Rematch but with this time with only using prototype 1 alex so this will not become stomps match again, so battle will happen in 2 round:

First round: A simple duel on the rooftops of New York between Alex Mercer vs Venom

Second round: Battle between two experimented Anti-Heroes Alex Mercer VS Wolverine

edit: since there are some changes in alex speed so now in this battle the speed was equalized

- Alex Mercer

- Venom

- Wolverine

Who win?

I wonder... We use Venom, right... Not his other incarnations like Anti-Venom. Because isn't Prototype about somekind of super virus?

Alright, so it's basically Alex vs Venom then wolverine, right? Without Alex being prepared for the next battle, is it?

Asdtgh said:
Alright, so it's basically Alex vs Venom then wolverine, right? Without Alex being prepared for the next battle, is it?
no, the two round is a completely different event, so alex will not get any disadvantage on this match.

Ok, you got me confused now. Is it Venom and Wolverine team up against Alex or what? It's still quite a stomp if Alex is fighting them one by one.

Asdtgh said:
Ok, you got me confused now. Is it Venom and Wolverine team up against Alex or what? It's still quite a stomp if Alex is fighting them one by one.

Well I originally intend them to fight alex one by one and not team up, that why i create two round.

Alex wins both rounds.

Before i could make my points, i would like to state clearly, that i don't read the comics. I'm giving my opinion based on their pages. So, if i miss something or say something wrong, please forgive my ignorance... (EDIT: Forgot to mention, i know the basics about Venom and Wolverine, so i'm not completely blind about them.) Though, i know Alex Mercer very well, as i'm a huge fan of the Prototype franchise. Anyway... Back on topic.

First Round: Assuming we are using 8-C tier Alex(Before Greene Bossfight), they are pretty equal, if you ask me, though Alex is more durable, but what gives him the victory is his insane Regenerationn and especially the consumption ability. Eventually, after rampaging over dozens of rooftops, Alex would consume the symbiote. If all his powers are available, he could slice Venom's host in half if he ever gets to him or with whipfist. Alex is inferior in speed and reflexes. They are tied in strength. Alex has better power varieties. Venom would eventually get out of stamina.

Round 1: Alex wins after a long fight.

Second Round: Logan is still way inferior to Alex. He loses to him at speed, durability and reflexes. They are probably tied in strength. They are tied in terms of Regenerationn, but Logan still would not be able to prevent Alex to consume him entirely leaving only his adamantium skeleton behind. Alex is much faster, so getting to him wouldn't be a problem.

Round 2: Alex wins without many difficulties. (Not a stomp)

Yeah, and let's not forget that Alex's consuming isn't killing the person, more like trapping them in the web of intrigue. He has many people's minds inside of him, that's why he can link to the memories of his enemies. And, none of the minds can actually overcome him since he is able to have mind resistence. Therefore, mind control by the symbiote is basically useless

Asdtgh said:
Yeah, and let's not forget that Alex's consuming isn't killing the person, more like trapping them in the web of intrigue.
That's a conjecture, unless you have something to support that affirmation.

@AHNIJC

I can and I will. Remember him repeatedly saying I can hear a thousand men screaming in my mind. He can hear the painful agony of many as he build up his sensors of his Hive Mind by consuming infected people,trying to link to the centre of the Hive Mind and listen to the thoughts of the Infected just to find his sister. So, the symbiote has no way of mind controlling Mercer.

I don't know much about venom so no comment for him, but for logan I still stand by my old statement that logan has no way to deal with alex Regenerationn and alex can just consume logan after a long fight since alex still have superior and more versatile ability, and since alex can just sucking in all his victim that he consume to his body, he probably can even just take logan adamantium skeleton to inside his body, so not only he will take logan power but he also can just take logan adamantium as well.

Jockey once brought a respect thread of Venom and I proven him how much Alex can be more superior to Venom, even as Prototype 1 Alex Mercer. So, read up on the previous debate and look up on the link

Asdtgh said:
@AHNIJC
I can and I will. Remember him repeatedly saying I can hear a thousand men screaming in my mind.
Uh... No.

He says only once at the end of the first game. And he actually says:

"...As i close my eyes i see the memories of a thousand dead me screaming as i take their lives. Moments i'll re-live forever. ..."

Memories are images and information of past events stored in cells, inside your brain.

In Prototype, Alex consumes the being entirely, which means, the cells containing these memories are also absorbed. The web of intrigue is the cluster of cells in Alex's body which contains his victim's memories, and he can simply access them whenever he wants like he's watching a movie. There's no mind control involved.

Nah, I meant Alex having mind resistence and the symbiote having mind control. The symbiote keeps pestering Peter to 'join the darkside' and kill everyone he love in a carnage. Alex did say another thing about having people's minds inside of him like this:

"The people I've killed. They're in me. I can hear them. See the things they do."

"So many minds at work. All talking. All dying."

^He said this quote when consuming people with infected minds. Being linked to the Hive Mind is a painful process since like what he said but with mental agony. By then, he is linked to the Hive Mind and become clear from any mental unstability. Like not being in trauma when being reminded about Penn Station.

@AHNIJC

And he could do some mind control if he were to be able to make some pulstive hives or whatever that creates the Brawlers, hunters juggernauts and other Infected. He did control the flyers against you in the final boss. It's like Elizabeth Greene so, he's probably the focus of the Hive mind to be able to listen, understand, know and control the Infected so, yeah.

And don't mention it. Anyway, should we put this as Alex's victories of beating Venom and Wolverine as prototype 1 Mercer?

Asdtgh said:
@AHNIJC
And don't mention it. Anyway, should we put this as Alex's victories of beating Venom and Wolverine as prototype 1 Mercer?
no, we need vote from 7 people with an argument to do that.

Pietro Maximoff said:
^nope, for reasons above and wins adding a gauntlet style win is not allowed irc
gauntlet style win? this is pretty much just an battle that divided in two round for two separate match, that's all.

Yamatohime said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
well they pretty much at the same tier and they also have their own hax, so yeah. :p
Sometimes one's hax just superior to other.

True, and because of that alex will most likely win this, we just need more vote, and at least this is not going to be an easy match, or at least that was i think.

Not Jim Sterling said:
True, and because of that alex will most likely win this, we just need more vote, and at least this is not going to be an easy match, or at least that was i think.
Well, I vote for Alex in this one. After all his ability is more dangerous.

Vote in other threads with Alex. =)

Yamatohime said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
Well, I vote for Alex in this one. After all his ability is more dangerous.
Vote in other threads with Alex. =)
Alex Mercer vs Nrvnsqr Chaos one? not know much from him other than he look like more hax than alex, so I just going to read about him for a bit before say my choice.

Not Jim Sterling said:
Alex Mercer vs Nrvnsqr Chaos one? not know much from him other than he look like more hax than alex, so I just going to read about him for a bit before say my choice.
There is one another vs Satsujinki (Tohno Shiki).

Yamatohime said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
There is one another vs Satsujinki (Tohno Shiki).

well even more character that i don't know xD, anyway i going to read a bit,

Adequate reasons have already been provided throughout the course of the thread. I am casting a vote in favor of Mercer, against both listed opponents, as a result.

Back