• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Protege vs Xeno Goku

I can't really see goku doing that without showing even his power. The Protege would be trying to force him to do so, and his ability to teleport others to do just that would help massively in that.

That, and Goku wouldn't be seeing the potege as the most dangerous of enemies at all.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I can't really see goku doing that without showing even his power. The Protege would be trying to force him to do so, and his ability to teleport others to do just that would help massively in that.

That, and Goku wouldn't be seeing the potege as the most dangerous of enemies at all.
Goku usually knockouts weaker enemies than kill them. So him seeing protege as not dangerous is more detrimental since Goku would likely telepprt behind him and just smack them upside the neck

I don't think you can knock someone like the beyonder out with a neck chop. They shapeshift at will at pretty much all times, and even have control over each atom.

And that still doesn't get around the fact that protege would teleport malevolence and Mephisto to fight for him there, or teleport them to hell where Mephisto can fight.

Goku attaccs

Protege adapps

...And uses 1-A power mimicry to have anything Goku has with his intelligence to back it up and the powers to back it up.

There is literally nothing Goku can do short of sealing (maybe) that'll keep him from copying.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I don't think you can knock someone like the beyonder out with a neck chop. They shapeshift at will at pretty much all times, and even have control over each atom.

And that still doesn't get around the fact that protege would teleport malevolence and Mephisto to fight for him there, or teleport them to hell where Mephisto can fight.
Mephisto (Marvel Comics)

Doesnt goku destroy this guy by breathing too hard?

Wait...

why does Mephisto lack type 8 immortality? The profile even links to a respect thread showing how as long as evil exists so does he.

1.) The big problem im having with this point though is that we're just applying power levels to beings from other verses to be this hax's main saving grace without an actual reason. I'd be okay with this in a situation if Goku was facing, say, a 2-A. Thats safe for self-obvious reasons for being infinitely Multiversal. But for the people in Goku's actual tier? How do you give a quantifiable power level to beings who, when hitting Low 2-C, can't have their power be quantifiable anymore?

The one evidence that could imply that is these scouters being able to read Demigras power without draw backs and this is assuming that power levels are not only an actual representation for a 2-B's tier in Xenoverse, but that it isn't just game mechanics.

2.) This point im also actually fine with, but only up to a clear point. Not all technique names in fiction represent the actual moves as being literal. Goku may be able to put 2 and 2 together for some moves, but from an overall perspective, there are many moves that do more than just the name suggests and otherwise.

All my point is really is that we do a better job of clarifying what Xenoverse's extent and limitations of Info Analysis does so that this doesn't become an NLF I see it as in some threads.

I kinda agree with Cal, here. The only thing that interested me about this match is the fact that Goku rarely starts at max power, even when facing an opponent he must defeat. So I thought it would be neat that the protégé would have to copy his power multiple times throughout the fight to keep up with him and avoid being one shot.

However, this doesn't seem to be the case.

Like Cal, I'm wondering what Goku's win condition is? He can't even just casually stroll up and one shot the guy. And Goku doesn't have Jiren's glare iirc. So what exactly is his win condition? And no, sealing isn't a viable win condition. No viable enough for it to make a difference here.

He does have the gare, he just doesn't use it.

I guess he could try to use an attack impossible to observe for the protege too?

So like, Solar Flare into one shot?

So let's see, his only tool for winning is a glare one shot, which he's used all of how many times? Once? Twice? Something he doesn't start with and doesn't use in 99.9% of his battles is a viable enough win condition for it not to be a stomp?

I heavily disagree. The win condition isn't plausible enough to it to be a viable win condition. If Goku's only win condition is a move he doesn't use, then for all practical intents, he has no win condition.

Put homeguy against Jiren and have him get glared at, lol.

I mean, something like teleporting behind the protege and chopping at his neck before he turns around is also a way to win.

Litentric Teon said:
How is that so much different from Goku just punching him from the start? I thought someone argued that wasn't a valid way to win.
it's different in that the protege doesn't see the karate chop.

So he can't copy the strenght goku has.

Oh true, it is reliant on sight.

But like, he'll see the instant transmission, and just do that, right? Goku shouldn't be a significant deal faster than him. At least not to start.

If that works though, it's much more viable than his glare as a win con.

I mean, turning around takes more time then a karate chop, and insant transmission doesn't really stop getting chopped when it needs fingers on your forehead.

Huh...

Well, I still doubt that the protege would be able to dodge that well with him lacking enhanced senses, weirdly enough.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
I doubt goku would start with that, so beyond this not being a stomp, not really.
Against a substantially weaker opponent (Low 2-C vs 2-B in this case since Protege wouldn't have copied Goku's strength yet), Goku will always go for the K.O usually via speedblitz. Recoome, Nappa, ChiChi and Co. were all some examples of just being blitzed on the spot. Since speed is equalized, it's definitely in-character for him to alternatively use Instant Transmission.

He doesn't really know soeed is equal, plus the protege isn't gonna just stand there.

And I still don't see how he'd knock the dude out, he can control his body on an atomic level.

"He doesn't really know soeed is equal, plus the protege isn't gonna just stand there."

How is he not going to notice it when he tries to fly towards Protege at a high speed only to realize he isn't getting faster?

"And I still don't see how he'd knock the dude out, he can control his body on an atomic level."

Depending on what he copies, but how does that stop him from just getting smacked upside the head again? Just because I have total control over my cells or something doesn't mean I'm suddenly immune to a baseball bat to the back of my head.

"Depending on what he copies, but how does that stop him from just getting smacked upside the head again? Just because I have total control over my cells or something doesn't mean I'm suddenly immune to a baseball bat to the back of my head."

Just letting you know, but that is exactly why you are vulnerable to that.

If he does that protege will have ample time to do many of the things I said above.

The fact that he can control and reconstruct his nerves at will should keep him from getting knocked out due to a concussion and such.

"If he does that protege will have ample time to do many of the things I said above."

You mean wait until Goku displays his true power? Which requires Goku to uncharacteristically go full power?

"The fact that he can control and reconstruct his nerves at will should keep him from getting knocked out due to a concussion and such."

Problem is, he wouldn't be conscious to do so.

Thats actually a good point.

Just because speed is equalized doesnt mean both characters will know they have the exact same speed.

No, I mean teleport him to Mephisto, who can one-shot with most of his hax, or at the very least get him to show some of his powers.

He is constantly doing it, it's why copying an ability that is 8-C is not infinitly below him.

Do you honestly think TLT showed 1-A feats or everything he had when Protege copied him? Goku uses anything and he gets copied.

I think that was protege getting around not being able to copy what he saw. He did say he would get past it when beyonder took him as his pet.

@Akreious

Thank you.

So I guess, the question is, has Goku ever started with Instant transmission into an attack? Because this seems like another skill that he's used like, only against Cell in battle iirc. But something that he never starts with.

It feels like Goku's chances of winning are like 0.000001%.

Back