• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Just_a_Random_Butler already handled it.

Yo... Yeah, this going to be a big pile of deletions for the ToAru Verse, so bare with me.

Amakusa-Style Remix Church - Is a group, not a single person. To my knowledge, this profile was made before Team/Organization Profiles were even considered an idea for this forum.

Knights of England - Same as above.

Hound Dog - Same as above.

Anti-Skill - Same as above.

Sigyn - Barebones 10-B profile with no references nor isn't important to the verse's overall scaling due to having an ability that is non-physical and not actually having any fighting scenes in canon.

Útgarða-Loki - Same as Sigyn's reasoning.

Artificial Valkyrie - Bare-bones profile with no profile picture for that (as the artist for ToAru didn't make an illustrations for them) nor are they important to the verse's scaling in the slightest as their most important fights happened off-screen.

Fenrir - Same issues as the Artificial Valkyrie. Nuff said.

Krans R. Tsarskiy - Isn't important to scaling in the slightest, and only fight involves him using a spell that bypasses dura.

Yamisaka Ouma - Isn't important to scaling, plus, this character has only showed up once in the story and referenced only once - i.e, a one-time character who isn't important in the slightest.

The following are characters who are in the same boat as Ouma, one-off character who aren't important to the story and the scaling and haven't showed up once after their appearance. With some of them even having the same issue as Fenrir in not even having a profile picture for their profiles due to the To Aru artist not making 'em for them - and a couple more of them just being 10-B humans with just a single unique ability without reference or anything else to them.

... There is plenty more, but this is a good stopping point for now. Should've done this way earlier, but I suppose it can't be helped. This is just an issue of too many profiles being made for one-off/non-important characters in the past that hasn't been checked up or anything until now-ish.

WHAT ARE THESE?!

Yo... Yeah, this going to be a big pile of deletions for the ToAru Verse, so bare with me.

Amakusa-Style Remix Church - Is a group, not a single person. To my knowledge, this profile was made before Team/Organization Profiles were even considered an idea for this forum.

Sigyn - Barebones 10-B profile with no references nor isn't important to the verse's overall scaling due to having an ability that is non-physical and not actually having any fighting scenes in canon.

Artificial Valkyrie - Bare-bones profile with no profile picture for that (as the artist for ToAru didn't make an illustrations for them) nor are they important to the verse's scaling in the slightest as their most important fights happened off-screen.

Krans R. Tsarskiy - Isn't important to scaling in the slightest, and only fight involves him using a spell that bypasses dura.

Yamisaka Ouma - Isn't important to scaling, plus, this character has only showed up once in the story and referenced only once - i.e, a one-time character who isn't important in the slightest.

The following are characters who are in the same boat as Ouma, one-off character who aren't important to the story and the scaling and haven't showed up once after their appearance. With some of them even having the same issue as Fenrir in not even having a profile picture for their profiles due to the To Aru artist not making 'em for them - and a couple more of them just being 10-B humans with just a single unique ability without reference or anything else to them.

... There is plenty more, but this is a good stopping point for now. Should've done this way earlier, but I suppose it can't be helped. This is just an issue of too many profiles being made for one-off/non-important characters in the past that hasn't been checked up or anything until now-ish.
@DontTalkDT do you think is fine to delete this ToAru's profiles?

Sweet, my post got noticed! ... Welp, this is the time to also drop the other batch of profiles that I think needs to be deleted from the verse - especially since in an hour or so from now, I am going to be away for quite a few hours, possibly half the day even, so should do this while I can.

The following profiles are one-off characters that don't really show-up after the volume that they appear (or if they do, it is merely just a cameo), don't offer much to the scaling, doesn't have enough scenes to put them into the scaling, don't have any references to the stuff in them, don't have a profile picture for their profile, or all them at the same time.

And that is every single profile in the ToAru verse that I think needs to be deleted.

Sweet, my post got noticed! ... Welp, this is the time to also drop the other batch of profiles that I think needs to be deleted from the verse - especially since in an hour or so from now, I am going to be away for quite a few hours, possibly half the day even, so should do this while I can.

The following profiles are one-off characters that don't really show-up after the volume that they appear (or if they do, it is merely just a cameo), don't offer much to the scaling, doesn't have enough scenes to put them into the scaling, don't have any references to the stuff in them, don't have a profile picture for their profile, or all them at the same time.

And that is every single profile in the ToAru verse that I think needs to be deleted.

I see no reason to delete any of them.

What the organizations are concerned: Those are not organizations. They are average members of a group / species. It's similar to how Pokémon profiles aren't for a specific Pokémon, but just for a member of that Pokémon species. Doing those was always allowed.

What no refernces is concerned: They are old profiles. We don't require them for those, exactly because revising so many profiles is a heck ton of work. Given, for those it would individually be rather easy since they mostly have limited appearances. Just that there are a lot.

"They don't appear much" isn't an argument for deletion. They are still official characters from a combat series that have proper showings.

And them not contributing or recieving scaling within the verse is not an argument either. The stats they have are correct. We allow profiles for regular humans with superpowers.

I agree with DontTalk. The pages can remain then.

Sup, I am back, and... Well, I probably should attempt to argue my point once... Or something.

Trying to argue using Pokemon is also weird because Pokemon in itself in a mixmatch of canon with various pokemon having various skills, personalities, abilities, importance in the stories, and so forth to the point that it - and series like Digimon and SMT - easier to make psudeo-composite profiles than make singular profiles (and to my knowldge, there is a slow effort to change this slightly on the Pokemon side of this site) - this can not be compared to ToAru's organzation profiles like KoE, Amakusa, who are just a bunch of nameless characters with only having two members that are notable enough to have names are completely different things.

Darn it, what next... uh... Well, having barebones profiles and lacking proper amount of screen time itself is a proper arguement for deletation itself, imo. Like, Hound Dog, for example, after their brief showing in OT13 of being screwed over by Accel's quick thinking and smarts and hindering Touma, never once appeared and were only referred once or twice by the narration - Mark Ouma is in a same boat as well, heck, he never actually fought Touma but only screwed up Touma's chance to do his homework and kidnapped Index for her knowledge but almost died due to it and then got helped out by Touma for an offscreen adventure, for a Magic Side example.

There has to be some trimming of unnecessary profiles like this... And then there is people like Sigyn, for example, who only showed up, had a minor speaking role in NT4 (and NT8, I think), never showcased any actual combat ability and we are only told of their ability by another person/narration, and hasn't showed up since in the story again.

Also, a lot of the To Aru profiles have very small amount of powers in their powers & abilities section but I suppose that is the issue of the ToAru verse itself that can't be helped and should be solved in another CRT of mine.

Heh.

Anyhow, lastly... Profiles like Artificial Valkyrie have only vague justifications that makes them High 8-C, at most 7-C despite nobody in the verse being at that level (and them being a bunch of literal faceless grunts doesn't help either). Wyvern is another case, with it having vague justifications and having nothing to back up its stats - and to my limited knowhow from encounters in this site the only tier that this is allowed for is 9-B and/or they have obvious showings that put them at that tier (but nowadays, it has to be backed up by something, even if it is a feat from reference from common feats).

And then there is Kongou who is 8-C (via Esper ability) for no reason despite her only canon combat scene is in the Railgun manga and the stuff in the anime being demend not canon due to how it heavily screws up the timeline and how it was never mentioned again (and how said event got denied in canon).

... Probably won't change much, but I should attempt to argue my stance on this for a point.

Sup, I am back, and... Well, I probably should attempt to argue my point once... Or something.

Trying to argue using Pokemon is also weird because Pokemon in itself in a mixmatch of canon with various pokemon having various skills, personalities, abilities, importance in the stories, and so forth to the point that it - and series like Digimon and SMT - easier to make psudeo-composite profiles than make singular profiles (and to my knowldge, there is a slow effort to change this slightly on the Pokemon side of this site) - this can not be compared to ToAru's organzation profiles like KoE, Amakusa, who are just a bunch of nameless characters with only having two members that are notable enough to have names are completely different things.
Pokémon is just one of many examples. Warhammer 40k has very direct analogues in terms of profiles for the average soldier of a specific organization.

So yeah, we are officially allowing "standard nameless soldier from x organization" to be a profile. Hence those are fine.

Darn it, what next... uh... Well, having barebones profiles and lacking proper amount of screen time itself is a proper arguement for deletation itself, imo.
It isn't. The profiles reflect all available information and any character with supernatural combat powers clears our criteria for having a profile.

Like, Hound Dog, for example, after their brief showing in OT13 of being screwed over by Accel's quick thinking and smarts and hindering To
uma, never once appeared and were only referred once or twice by the narration - Mark Ouma is in a same boat as well, heck, he never actually fought Touma but only screwed up Touma's chance to do his homework and kidnapped Index for her knowledge but almost died due to it and then got helped out by Touma for an offscreen adventure, for a Magic Side example.
Hound Dog has more than enough known stuff to have a profile. They have their unique olfactory sensors for tracking and some have hard taping to have superhuman stats. Aside from that there is their variety of weapons and having above average skill as black ops soldiers and that's a solid profile.

That's plenty for a profile that is more unique then "average regular soldier" and hence valid ground for a profile.

Not sure who you mean with Mark Ouma, you mean Yamisaki Ouma? Aka. a magician that was the main opponent in one of the three stories of the three stories arc and can manifest 9 different magical effects? Enhanced senses, invisibility, wind manipulation, thread manipulation... that's enough abilities for a profile.
Yeah, that's very obviously a valid profile.

There has to be some trimming of unnecessary profiles like this...
No. We had debates over when we "trim" unnecessary profiles in the past and the criteria basically came down to a profile only being unncessary if it's literally just a regular human without superpowers or anything else of note.

And then there is people like Sigyn, for example, who only showed up, had a minor speaking role in NT4 (and NT8, I think), never showcased any actual combat ability and we are only told of their ability by another person/narration, and hasn't showed up since in the story again.
She's a support type character, so obviously she won't have a direct fight. But she has a clearly defined and explained ability. And a pretty cool and powerful one at that. She can make others succeed in whatever they want and, by word of god, that ability goes to the extent that using it on herself would make her Magic God level. That's notable as hell.

Anyhow, lastly... Profiles like Artificial Valkyrie have only vague justifications that makes them High 8-C, at most 7-C despite nobody in the verse being at that level (and them being a bunch of literal faceless grunts doesn't help either).
If nobody is at that level, then we might want to revise them. That's grounds for a CRT not deletion. I mean, as I see it all that needs to be updated here is the scaling to other characters. Scale them to 8-B at most 6-C, like the scaling explanation states, and you're done.

Wyvern is another case, with it having vague justifications and having nothing to back up its stats - and to my limited knowhow from encounters in this site the only tier that this is allowed for is 9-B and/or they have obvious showings that put them at that tier (but nowadays, it has to be backed up by something, even if it is a feat from reference from common feats).
Wyvern scales to tanks from what I see. Modern tanks have 9-A durability. The profile is correct, it at best needs to link to the relevant real world profile.

And then there is Kongou who is 8-C (via Esper ability) for no reason despite her only canon combat scene is in the Railgun manga and the stuff in the anime being demend not canon due to how it heavily screws up the timeline and how it was never mentioned again (and how said event got denied in canon).
Considering how she can launch a radio tower into the stratosphere the ranking doesn't seem all that wrong. Of course, it would need to be calculated and until then she should perhaps be downgraded to wall level from scaling to the great danes. However, this as well can be settled in a simple and quick CRT and warrants no deletion. Or scaled to 8-A... I have no freaking idea by which pattern you scale people to Yumi and the justifications are not helpful in the slightest, which is a bigger problem than the existence of those profiles.

Like, if you have a profile with a statistic that's what CRTs are there for. You don't delete profiles over it.

Just_a_Random_Butler handled it earlier.

So this.
Although it looks like a profile with self-evident statistics and does not need calculations due to its low tier, it is poorly formed, it does not even have scans or references to prove the claims made in the profile and it seems to me very guesswor

What is this?

I deleted the page in question and gave an instruction message to the member who created it.

Three reasons.

1. Lacking any references. Come on, at least I take care to reference stuff even if it came from literally one item ever.
2. Shows lacking attention towards verse's current scaling (9-A with notable exceptions (Cameron for being another Mr. Burns, and Dawn and Ella for not having physically harmed anyone))
3. Honestly, the profile's just a mess.

Request to delete these pages. The Furies have been split into three separate pages as per a recent CRT and Hephaestus has no purpose to exist anymore.

What?

Back