• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this profile allowed?

Bathala

It says that its from Philippines Folk Catholicism

Theres also this:

Bathala

It was after the arrival of the Spanish missionaries on the Philippines in the 16th century that Bathala came to be identified as the Christian God, thus its synonymy with Diyos (God) or Dibino (Divine, e.g. Mabathalang Awa), according to J.V. Panganiba (Diksyunaryo-Tesauro Pilipino-Ingles); in some Visayan languages, Bathala also means God.

Is this too "controversial" or not?

I will delete it. We do not want to offend Christians, Buddhists or Hindus, and are afraid of offending Muslims.

Make sure to only delete the myth one, the non-myth one seems to be from a legitimate comic book series, unrelated to folk Catholicism.

Deleted. I have administered a warning. I do not wish to ban him but if he continues to ignore everything that has been said to him I won't have a choice.

Another bad profile by animeandcomics fan...

I suppose that we will be forced to ban him then, since he does not listen to our warnings.

This profile looks kind of bad. Severely damaging a 5-A character has a rough assumption of 5-B and taking hits from the same character gives it High 5-A durability. Those are fairly simple errors to fix, but scaling comes from game mechanics which we don't use; especially since scaling fodder enemies from end game bosses is always bad.

I deleted the game mechanics parts (like the laser not burning clothes), and made them High 6-C for defeating Pre-game Link, that having the Master Sword should be stronger than most Links that don't have it. Also corrected some wrong information and abilities.

Okay. What do you think Medeus?

I did hear it being stated that even regular Hylian Soldiers were able to damage Guardians though. And I don't remember anything storywise mentioning Link being defeated by Guardians; only that he was put to sleep for 100 years based on Calamity Ganon having something to do with it.

As for High 6-C, I'm iffy about scaling them from boss fights from other games either. However, the High 7-A bomb calc would probably be something they could scale from.

Okay. I will restore the profile. You can look it over, and if necessary adjust it, afterwards.

CCMac27 said:
This needs a lot of editing
Honestly, formatting quality aside: A tier 1 profile created by someone with 4 edits requires extensive explanations with sources to be trustworthy.

I think I've found a few:

Akito/Agito/Lind Wanijima

Summation: The profile has two distinct tier ratings but no accompying key to tell us why he has those. His Low 7-C rating is justified for being stronger than Kazu but it's not actually linked. Not too mention that the 6-C rating is via power-scaling but doesn't tell us who or why. Even worse, this character has a personality (Lind) whose even stronger than the other two, and with how the profile is, he's given no mention outside of techniques. Next up, the profile has useless information piled into the Intelligence section. R.E.A.D. levels tell you how strong a character in Air Gear is, not how smart they are.

Kazuma Mikura

Summation: His speed section is loaded with various ratings but the justifications don't link to anything that would justify those ratings, just a listing his usage of techniques. It also lists him as only having Superhuman Characteristics , despite the fact the character's techniques mention him utilizing fire, creating sonicbooms, etc. Worse, this character notably got stronger as the series went on and the profile doesn't reflect any of that. As such, the profile is more or less incomplete and outdated.

Ringo Noyamano

Summation: Her 7-A tier rating is based on stalemating Itsuki Minami, but, not only isn't linked to that profile, he doesn't have such rating, making all other information related to the tier incorrect. She also lacks a Powers and Abilities completely.

Bottom Line: These profiles look like someone just glanced at the Air Gear wikia pages and just copy and pasted information into our profile format but did a shoddy job. All of them lack proper justifications, missing pertinent information and two of them even lack some of actual profile format.

@C2 Maybe you should ask the creator of the profiles about the ratings first to see if the issues can be fixed without deleting the profiles.

@Andytrenom

The original creator, HybridSaiyan, is inactive. So are almost all the others who even support Air Gear and even worked/contributed on the profiles when they were first created.

I cant even tell if we have anyone left who knows enough or even cares about Air Gear.

Okay. I will delete the pages.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back