• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Thank you to everybody who are helping out.

Well the trouble's that I'm hearing different things from different people. I'm hearing from Weekly and Bambu, who made the RvB profiles, that there's almost no references to actual Halo. But I'm hearing from Nemo and others that Halo's heavily important for RvB's lore.

The discussion should be taken to the thread for it, but if 8-Bit Theater's allowed I don't see on what grounds any fanfiction would be disallowed, and I'll go ahead and port some fanfic profiles over from fc/oc wiki.

Ogbunabali is correct.

"It's essentially a debug mode"

Not really?

It's a game where you choose items from the Catalog and fight other players with them. That's plenty a setting right there. It may not have a story but it's a PVP game so of course it won't.

I'm against it's deletion. It's a character in a defined setting and thus has every right to be on the wiki

There's basically no lore as established by Edward and one of the main gameplay aspects is fighting (which is reinforced in the game's descriptio). Closest thing to lore is maybe implications on how the gear work via catalog item descriptions but that's about it.

In all due respect, if it doesn't abide by the site's guidelines then I won't oppose its removal.

But even the BR version of Fortnite has some lore and canon across the different seasons.

Devil Daggers seems fine. A lack of written story doesn't mean that the fictional setting doesn't have any inherent lore just from elements existing in that setting. The setting presented is that a person of mysterious origin who can upgrade themselves with dark magic is locked into infinite and endless combat with an army of demonic horrors and beasts. Don't need deep lore to consider that a story, even if it's barebones.

Well, that guideline does say that the minimum requirement is:

At the very least, the setting should be entirely fictional in nature, with no true bearing over the real world.
Which the profile meets. But maybe you're right about it needing to be deleted.

I do remember there being some other profiles for games with no story, just combat with enough visual feats to get a tier which weren't controversial at the time, but I don't remember its name to point it out to y'all. (EDIT: Nvm, I was thinking of Devil Daggers, whoops.)

From what I remember that rule was more aimed at works which are incoherent animated shorts with no ongoing plot, like asdfmovie, rather than simply video games which don't have lore written. It kinda sucks that Hong Kong 97, under this idea, has more legitimacy than some games simply because it has a tiny story cinematic at the start.

We can move Devil Daggers to a blog so it's at least still present on the site, but I don't think it should have an official profile under our rules.

Devil Daggers was literally brought up when creating that rule. This rule is for things like Please Don't Touch Anything, where there is story, but there is a coherent world with rules and feats

If "a lack of story" is the only reason for deletion, Devil Daggers should be fine to stay

I agree with Andy. If it is a popular notable game, the page can probably stay. The rules are mostly there to prevent us from accepting trash, not valid games without a plot, as long as they can be properly evaluated.

It can probably stay as long as it is a regular popular game without a storyline.

I'm not even sure it can be considered a game, really. It's basically a debug mode for Roblox accessories.

Aha. That seems much more uncertain then. Perhaps we should delete it after all?

Are there other pages related to this one that also need to be deleted?

There's no other characters from it, if that's what you mean. There's a few other profiles that had versus matches with it, which will need to be removed from their respective Others section, but none of them are locked.

I don't believe popularity has bearing on whether a profile should be deleted, otherwise there would be a ton more pages marked for deletion.

Back