• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I'm not worried about the scaling, I'm worried about completely different people making iterations of a verse, and both of them getting profiles. Because it sounds like one of these would be fanfiction, and therefore shouldn't have profiles. And if they're both licensed by the same company, they should both be able to have profiles.

Your explanation there isn't really comprehensible at all.

i don't know what company owns them, I'll have to check on that, but I really don't think they should have a problem with having profiles. It would seem like this case at least would fit under the same reason we allow Madness Combat and Xionic Madness profiles if the company who made them was different.

There's a difference between one series being heavily inspired by another, and one series copying another series' name and multiple characters.

If one person is using another person's IP to make their own installment in a game series, that is fanfiction, and we don't allow it.

Copying characters? I think Theres a misunderstanding. There is no copied characters. The page I made and the page Headless made are of the exact same character. I just wasn't aware the page already existed when I made mine. We chose mine to keep cause mine had more detail to his abilities, but the one me and headless made is the exact same character. All the characters are entirely different people. We just accidentally made the same profile for one of them,

I'm referring to this:

Agnaa said:
Goji said the following:
Goji said that your profile and Headless' profile are completely different series by different people.

He meant the Whack the series pages in general. The series of Wack The games have had different people behind them. Not The Kid specifically.

Okay, if that's the case, shouldn't some (but not all) of the Whack The Series pages be deleted since some are from a different series made by different people, making them fanfiction?

Well that's why I was saying it would be the same boat as the Madness series. Each creation doesn't every show a character from the OG series. The Kid is never put in any other games other than his own. The worker is only ever in his own games. So it's not like a fan fiction that grabs canon characters from other series and makes its own story. Each one made their own characters, and don't use any source material from the others. The biggest problem about it was them sharing the name. Whack the (insert what they are beating here)

Okay, I think I have a better idea now. I think the best solution would be to remove The Kid and The Worker (Whack The Series) from the Whack The Series verse page, and to change their profiles accordingly. Since they were made by different groups to the rest of the profiles.

If any profiles are made for other companies that have made such games (according to the whack your wiki there's at least 5 of these companies), they should have their own verse pages too.

Another weird thing, however, is that most of these games in the "Whack The Series" actually title it as "Whack Your {insert thing here}", so maybe the verse page needs to be renamed too.

Aside from this, from a quick glance the profiles themselves have some errors. The Worker (Whack The Series) has a weirdly long AP section, including things like "Comparable to his attack potency". The only thing in there which would be close to 9-A is "His Light laser completely vaporized a guys skin, nerves, muscles, and most of his skeleton", which needs a calc, as the standard "vaporize a human" calc involves vaporizing the skeleton. On top of this, since it's done with a "light laser" it wouldn't scale to his durability or striking strength.

That profile's Lifting Strength section doesn't make much sense either, I can't see any feat there that's Class K and many of the listed feats aren't even lifting strength.

But I do still feel like the comparison to Madness Combat and Xionic Madness is weird. Their similarities are that they're flash animations that involve murder, and both have "madness" in the title. The "Whack The Series" seems to have much stronger similarities.

That can be done. Maybe best not to give them verse profiles as the only real notable characters, and not to cause confusion due to the similar of same name of it.

There is no other ones to my knowledge. At least currently no new ones.

The series has seemed to have both names. But shared under the same verse with Patrick. Whack The Creep. whack your neighbor, Whack the burglars, Come from the same series, if you feel it needs to be changed to "Whack your" rather than "Whack The". That can be done. Either way, the verse has gone by both in this one.

The Small Building physically came from "He smashed a large portion of a building into pieces by flying into it" Though this actually should be a durability looking at it, as he was being propelled into it, so it wasn't his own physical force that caused it, though he did survive it fine. After the forum move. Calcing the feats to get a more accurate end can be done. Both for the laser and building breaking part.

Which ones? The only one I see that may not qualify is punching his head off, but the rest was him physically just pushing, lifting, or pulling, which would qualify under LS.

Though Turning him inside out by reaching inside of him and pulling hard enough to pull out and reverse his insides. I had asked about it a long while back and was said around Class K. If this isn't right, i can fix it, I was never sure where that would land.

I mean. Wack The just shares the Name of Whack,, and similar art styles, and both about beating up someone. Though that's as far as it goes.

• Yeah that seems right. Should get their own category, ofc.
  • There are others that haven't had pages made for them, from my looking.
  • Oh, I assume that the ones with Patrick all went by "Whack your" and the "Whack the" ones were from other companies, mb, but from the wiki it looks like "Whack your" is the more commonly used term.
  • Ahh okay, that definitely needs a calc then since stuff like that can easily end up being high-end wall level.
  • Overpowering a grown adult with one arm, ripping out the boss' insides with one arm, and turning the boss inside out with one arm all seem like AP rather than LS, from their description.
  • That does not sound correct at all, athletic people should be able to pull out animal guts without being able to lift a blue whale.
  • If ya say so, from descriptions it sounds like they share similar gameplay as well, but they prolly don't share enough to be considered fanfiction.

No. Patrick has Whack the burglar. But to be fair. That seems the odd one out name wise. So I'll have this changed as well as the others removed

I'll get calcs on the other things

Overpowering the guy with in arm could be, but ripping ones insides out doesn't just require AP. His punching a hole into his insides would be AP as it's physically attacking. But grabbing his insides and pulling them would fall under lifting strength. He isn't attacking. He is pulling at that point.

As far as the athletic people not being able to lift whales. Well yea, I just didn't question it since ripping apart the human body is apparently really hard in certain places. The head is Class 1, The Spine is Class K. Only reason I didn't question it standing there. I seriously doubt any human being that's existed could even come close to pulling off making someone inside out like that.

And he didn't like punch him and he turned inside out. He reached his arm inside the guys mouth and just pulled, causing him to go inside out. here's the context of it.

I guess, but Class K does seem excessive enough to warrant a calc/calc member statement verifying it, since that rating for that feat is nowhere near intuitive.

That's fair. I will speak with some calc members to see if there is any potential way to calc it or where it should land to be safest.

For reference, those pages were made by Hacklar. Those pages were the first thing they made when coming to the wiki 5 months back, and they haven't edited since.

Would you be willing to handle it if I give you temporary rollback rights, so you can edit the pages?

Cole MacGrath (Street Fighter X Tekken) breaks the Crossovers rules.

Cole's profile: Cole MacGrath is the main hero of the 2009 video game, InFAMOUS, as well as its 2011 sequel, InFAMOUS 2, developed by Sucker Punch Productions. He is a Conduit that possesses electrokinetic super powers. He appears as guest character in Street Fighter X Tekken being exclusive of the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita versions of the game. However, he has no actual story mode in this game. He appears in his New Marais costume, armed with the Amp from inFamous 2.

Crossover rules: Profiles for crossover versions of characters from crossover games, and plot-irrelevant guest characters should NOT be allowed.

Why? It's a character from a notable series with a backstory, reliable stats, and abilities.

MistaClean said:
Agnaa said:
Why? It's a character from a notable series with a backstory, reliable stats, and abilities.
This character is really minor and is a waste of space.
That's not a good reason to delete them, especially since they have actually fought another character and aren't relying on statements or rank scaling alone.

Alrighty, he can stay.

But alot of characters from the One Punch Man verse has alot of minor characters that rely on statements and rank scailing

Yeah, we don't disallow pages for characters if they're unnecessary or unnotable.

We only delete pages for similar reasons if the verse as a whole isn't notable.

EDIT: Having a single feat can give you a profile, actually.

Anttron224 said:
I don't recall that being a valid reason for deletion, as that seems mostly subjective and not really against any rules.
They are kinda minor and having a single feat doesnt give you a profile.

MistaClean said:
They are kinda minor and having a single feat doesnt give you a profile.
Being minor isn't reason for deletion at all. And having a single feat to scale from is fine if the other relevant statistics can be indexed. Most sheer-size characters are like this yet we don't delete them.

MistaClean said:
I've seen characters from the same verse that only have scailing.
And? That's still a valid way to get a character's statistics.

Dende has never fought in the series and no statement about his power being above Nappa's was ever made, also his abiities are either a copy-paste from Kami, non-canon or he never has display them.

I think that he is a sufficiently prominent character to remain in the wiki.

Back