• An important announcement about how to solve problems with your discussion thread notifications, and other important issues.

Please click here for further information.
  • Important information regarding the linking of images from Fandom wikis.

• Important information regarding upcoming advertisements in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Anttron224 said:
They aren't nameless lookalikes though. I'm pretty sure we're allowed to have minor characters as long as the verse has notable characters and the minor ones have something to properly scale to.
We're not. Refer to Frog-Man (Marvel Comics) and Scotty Summers

BigSmoke4269 said:
Gyarados should be deleted and combined with Magikarp. Different evolutions of the same Pokémon don't get profiles of their own.
Pretty sure the Gyarados page was made years before the Magikarp one, and according to the edit history, Magikarp was separated for a reason. You should probably create a thread instead of trying to get them deleted carelessly.

AKM sama

Automatic Killing Machine
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Ya, they don't have proper explanation.

i think it would be better to get an opinion from someone who knows the verse better to see if the starts are right but just not explained well

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Attack Potency, Striking Strength, Durability, and Lifting Strength.

Antvasima

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
The AP is based on uncalculated guesswork, and the lifting strength has no explanation.

Ehh. I don't think that's good enough reason. The statistics parts has more weight on it sure. But we have a lot of non combat oriented pages and people who don't have Superhuman Physical Characteristics. That on its own I don't think is enough to get it removed.

However

Greg Heffley. This is back up again. Which was a page that got deleted a long while back due to his dairies being unreliable and having no real stats to go off otherwise

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
I'm not sure why I'm about to defend the existence of a page for Ratatouille of all things, but here I go I guess.

How are the stats bullshit? It's all all "Below Average Human" except for speed, which is "Superhuman"... which is within what normal rats run at. Stat wise there's nothing out of the ordinary.

As for abilities, unless I completely forget the premise of the movie, he does indeed do Body Puppetry by controlling hair, and other than that, again, pretty much default rat stuff. No problem here.

We don't require peak human or superhuman stats to have pages. We literally have tiers for below this. Where you got this impression is beyond me. We have many non-combat oriented characters that have been questioned and decided to be fine. I see no extraordinary reason to delete the profile as it breaks no rules and has no obviously false information. The profile should stay.

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
8mph is mouses, 2mph is rats

Still wondering how you get superhuman from either tho lmao, maybe our speed page has an issue we should check?

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
I was referring to the tidbit saying 35 mph. Though, admittedly, that does call into question the legitimacy of said page, so further digging still does bring up 8 mph from an ostensibly better source. Even with that said, is the feat of it outrunning a vehicle not valid for whatever reason? I don't actually remember the movie that well, if you can believe that, so I can't really recall the feat.

Jaften

Joke Battles
Thread Moderator
Rats actually run at 8 mph, which makes more sense than 2 mph since being that slow would allow humans to easily blitz rats from a standstill even at walking speed (which I can tell you from experience doesn't happen, otherwise the fuckers wouldn't be so hard to catch once I've flushed them out), but that's still pretty slow.

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
SomebodyData said:
8mph is mouses, 2mph is rats
Still wondering how you get superhuman from either tho lmao, maybe our speed page has an issue we should check?
"With a combination of long, powerful legs, deep chest, flexible spine and slim build allows it to reach speeds of around 35mph"

- lmao

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
My bad, didn't know Bambu was talking about a hypothetical human sized rat that doesn't exist.

Which even the source scoffs at, a sentence later.

Also what BigSmoke said.

Mr._Bambu

Narcissistic Cannibal
VS Battles
Sysop
Calculation Group
"My bad, didn't know Bambu was talking about a hypothetical human sized rat that doesn't exist."

Wrong quote there, m80, but aight, coz I'm gonna work under the assumption of the seemingly better source lol

SomebodyData

El SiD
VS Battles
Sysop
Human Resources
Joking aside, the source is legit, its just that they were (at that point) talking about the speed of the rat if it was hypothetically a human sized rat, that's why they comment about the small legs and then proceed to mention the maximum speed being way lower.

Also I agree with Bambu's reasoning, the page should stay.

I think BigSmoke is pointing out Remy is far from the peak rat.

Jaften

Joke Battles
Thread Moderator
I mean, we know he's much faster than a normal rat, so at least normal human level, likely higher?

Diary of a Wimpy Kid

All of it. Greg's stats are unreliable due to being canonicly weak and lazy at his school. Struggling to do things like push-ups or keep up with his teammates in sports. Rodrick and Frank's 9-B ap for driving a car is just reaching for a stat. Literally anyone can now be 9-B for driving a car. This goes for 9-C via a shovel and baseball bat as well due to them being common things. Things like Manny's social influencing is just due to him being a 4 year old which is why they don't get mad at him. Water manipulation via a water cooler. Do I need to say more?

Another BigSmoke project... BigSmoke has been warned about making bad profiles many many times before. An astonishing amount of requests here in the past 2 months have been from him.

Can we ban him from making profiles already?

Greg has a variable tier. He's still 10-C.

Also, out of what you mentioned, I'm just gonna say I only added Rodrick's van and Manny's Social Influencing.

Agnaa said:
Another BigSmoke project... BigSmoke has been warned about making bad profiles many many times before. An astonishing amount of requests here in the past 2 months have been from him.

Can we ban him from making profiles already?
And by "many many times" you mean one time.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Just delete them already, Greg is a massively unreliable narrator and the stats are straight up horrible, literally every single ability is nonsensical ("Superhuman Speed" is mostly exaggeration on Greg's part and Rowley is an idiot so Social Influencing is moot, You don't get Vehicular Mastery for owning a driver's license, Superhuman Physical Characteristics don't apply to weapons, he was getting beat up by like, 8 kindergartners, the wall shaking is clearly an outlier)

All of the solid stats come from the movies. Every feat from the diary that puts him on a higher level is listed as "possibly" due to Greg's unreliability as a narrator. I actually put this on the verse page, and I'm not sure how you missed it.

I can remove those abilities.

Except for Social Influencing. I'm not sure how many times I'm gonna have to repeat this, but Greg has used Social Influencing on other characters, mainly in Double Down.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
This discussion is better suited for a CRT.

The_Impress

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
No, there is nothing to CRT. They're literally 10-Bs with nothing notable.

Delete. Them. This is getting ridiculous, you can literally add anything to the wiki if you're adding that

Just nuke the page. I don't think it needs discussion why Diary of a Wimpy Kid isn't combat-oriented. Most of the feats are outliers for a character that's canonically lazy and unathletic and the other abilities are grossly exaggerated.

And at least Chucky Cheese has stuff that can somewhat be used in a fight. Greg is a normal human in a verse of normal humans that's completely oriented towards everyday life. Nothing notable about it at all.

AKM sama

VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Sysop
Human Resources
Btw, I'm also inclined to agree with deletion of the entire verse. I just don't want this constant back and forth in this thread.

Oh wow, possibly 10-A aka still in the human range and not notable on its own.

Superhuman speed that only comes from diary feats which we've discounted for months, and were the original reason for the verse getting deleted in the first place.

Anyways, we might as well go to the CRT. We're going back and forth in this extremely active thread, and we could accidentally ignore somebody trying to tell us about a bad profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.