• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[URL='https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Editing_Rules']Editing Rules[/URL] said:
  • Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for... stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead.
  • Take note that we are not experienced lawyers, so it is hard to precisely cover every angle, but to explain further, we are trying to keep the wiki reasonably streamlined and focused, to not allow in real people. Stage personas, such as YouTube and TV show hosts, tend to lack a 4th wall between them and the audience, and are not explicitly fictional in nature, as part of an actual story with a plot, regardless of special effects. They are real people who are affecting a behavioural change/acting out of character relative to their true personalities, but the setting is otherwise unchanged from reality and not fictional in nature. Characters are separate from the real actors portraying them, and are not just variations of themselves.
  • It is also prohibited to create profiles for fictionalised stage personas for other reasons, whether these have their origins in music videos, educational programs, or otherwise: For one thing, it is inappropriate for largely underage wiki members to discuss which real people that would hypothetically be most capable of killing each other, and for another, a vast majority of these artists are extremely willing to file lawsuits against anybody who uses their brand for which they own intellectual property rights, regardless whether or not these are meant to be used for commercial or fair use purposes. It would be recommended and preferable to avoid adding such profiles to Joke Battles as well.

a vast majority of these artists are extremely willing to file lawsuits against anybody who uses their brand for which they own intellectual property rights, regardless whether or not these are meant to be used for commercial or fair use purposes. It would be recommended and preferable to avoid adding such profiles to Joke Battles as well.

I think this part is the scariest part of the ruleset.

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
and their feats are vastly superior to the real versions
Does not matter. Stage persona is a stage persona. I'd like to add that the low 2-C key is for the Yellow Submarine, not the Beatles themselves. It's a vehicle and should ideally be a separate profile instead of a key.

For the record, I don't see anything wrong with making profiles for like, the Blue Meanie. But the Beatles are real people.

They're not fictional characters "based off" real life people. They are literally depictions of those people. It's a different case than say, Big Money Hustlas, which starred the ICP not as themselves, but as a detective and a crime boss, albeit still in clown makeup.

It's not the literal real person transferred into the movie, it's a fictional version seperate from the real person.

"Stage personas, such as YouTube and TV show hosts, tend to lack a 4th wall between them and the audience, and are not explicitly fictional in nature, as part of an actual story with a plot, regardless of special effects. They are real people who are affecting a behavioural change/acting out of character relative to their true personalities, but the setting is otherwise unchanged from reality and not fictional in nature. Characters are separate from the real actors portraying them, and are not just variations of themselves."

He doesn't fit the host or YouTube issue. As being neither. At no point does he even acknowledge a fourth wall. He isn't a host in anyway. He just is a guy loving an extremely weird world separate from our own.

The setting is definitely fictional, and not intended to be our real world to the slightest. These are not real people. They are based on the Beatles. But aren't, they even running into alternative themselves (it was very weird how they explained it. Something about Einsteins theories and such). They aren't the literal Beatles. Just based on them.

@Cropfist I know that, obviously. I'm not schizophrenic.

What I'm saying is that it's a Beatles movie, starring the Beatles, voiced by the Beatles, with soundtrack by the Beatles, with a plot centering around the Beatles being the Beatles in a submarine from a Beatles song, made to promote a Beatles album. How is it not a stage persona?

It's not a plot about The Beatles being The Beatles. It's a plot around them traveling to a distance dimension to help save the land and some alternative versions of themselves. While happening to be singing. And at some points when it relates to the story. Like calling a nobody a nowhere man. It doesn't even make much note about their band, or much of anything about IRL them. Just them singing at times. And their names. It gives off almost nothing about them else. Heck. They didn't even write it. They weren't involved with the writing of the movie. It was made by someone else.

It is also prohibited to create profiles for fictionalised stage personas for other reasons, whether these have their origins in music videos, educational programs, or otherwise
The Yellow Submarine seems like stage personas from what's essentially a long music video.

I've also heard from CrimsonStarFallen that the statistics are wildly exaggerated and based on headcanon, and that Wokistan was planning on making a thread discussing the page's removal.

Maybe we could wait for them to weigh in?

I'm waiting for Wokistan to get his thread running before i say anything since i don't want to fill this one, but yes, i do believe the statistics to be complete bongus.

The profiles are pretty bad and some the explanations for how they have their powers seem to be head cannon. Assigning a possible low 2-C raiting and infinite speed for the feats mentioned seems over the top.

SheZow (Guy Hamdon)

I write to plea for (myself) reworking on his profile.

For the record, I do not particularly mind the Yellow Submarine profiles, and although I am extremely averse to coming across as bragging, this wiki was a dump with literally 1/60th of its current popularity before I spent over 18000 hours organising its growth and trying my best to be as helpful as I can for no pay.

Also, I am admittedly an obsessively picky perfectionist, along with being rather paranoid, occasionally irritable, autistic, ADHD, and so onwards, but I have made a massive effort to be as evenhanded, responsible, and rational as I can manage when evaluating content revision threads, have talked quite a lot of members out of killing themselves in private over the years, and do not at all appreciate being slandered as a racist. If I had some sort of generalised problem with all middle-Easterners I wouldn't have consistently gotten along fine with, treated them well, and enlisted several of them to the staff over the years.

What I do have a problem with is genocidally bigoted ideologies such as Nazism, Communism, and Islamism, that want to exterminate everybody who disagree with them, all backed up by me reading lots of reliable statistics about them. I do not discriminate in any direction in that regard. In a sane world that would be considered a virtue rather than a problem. Unfortunately the world is behaving batshit insane at the moment, so people with mixed moderate views picked from all over the spectrum such as myself (centrists on average) are severely misperceived and distorted as a part of the opposite extreme by people slanted too far in either direction. You might notice that the trolls constantly call me a Social Justice Warrior NPC for example.

As for stonewalling, I tend to try to prevent very exaggerated upgrades to verses that I know enough about to notice that they are unreliable, period, regardless if I really like them or not, as is the case with Kung Fu Panda for example.

Btw: Thank you for the support Mr. Bambu, and Amelia/Darkanine feel free to talk with me about any problems or questions in private instead.

Jasonsith said:
SheZow (Guy Hamdon)

I write to plea for (myself) reworking on his profile.
I handled it.

Genericstickman said:
ok why do these have profiles? they're non combat oriented profiles that are passive in character and don't have any notable abilities to speak of
I am fine with if we delete them but we need more input first.

Thank you. The support is appreciated. It is getting rather tiresome in the long run with all of the severely distorted and exaggerated slander and misunderstandings.

Antvasima said:
Genericstickman said:
ok why do these have profiles? they're non combat oriented profiles that are passive in character and don't have any notable abilities to speak of
I am fine with if we delete them but we need more input first.
Simply put they have feats by eyeballing. Hell we have Folk (Autonauts) who are known for their inability to fight.

Anyway good work Ant and all mods, admins and bcrats and their coordination. I believe we need more m/a/bs and better coordination to keep the site going.

I firmly believe we should have a thread to properly clarify what is and is not allowed. We've had so many threads about it so far and it's still not properly defined.

It is hard to hammer out exact legal specifics for every situation without crippling our abilities to act and use common sense. We have developed as advanced regulations as can be expected of an entertainment wiki.

I mean... they're just video game animals, I don't see the harm.

If they shouldn't have any real problem as far as pages. And if theres issue on how they react should they be put in a vs thread. Probably can just assume they would fight like an animal. Since that's exactly what they are. If not. Ban hammer them from fights.

I mean we deleted profiles that are slightly more combat oriented then these mobs, they don't attack at all in character and don't have any combat applicable hax, even Patchy at least has a few intencses of fighting (but mainly just squabbles) and yet he got deleted for being a none combat oriented character

He didn't get deleted. But a ban hammer from fights. Which is what I'm thinking here if we want to at the very least stay consistent with the wikis ruling. But also would require ban Hammering a lot of characters. Many verses that exist have yet to show combat in it.

Minecraft is a combat-oriented verse. We tend to allow non-combat oriented characters from combat-oriented verses, even if lone characters with the same amount of combat applicability wouldn't be allowed.

The only issue I've had with those three profiles before was when people were assuming ludicrous wincons for them and adding them to profiles (i.e. the pig flings the opponent using its lifting strength, OHKO-ing). Since this isn't happening any more the profiles seem fine to stay.

T-Rex Dino

A profile for a "series" with no plot of any kind whatsoever, plus dubious stats due to the extreme dubiousness on the nature of it.

As the creator of the profile, I think it deserves to be deleted overall as its stats can't even be properly measured because of the above, and holding an "Unknown" tiered guy on everything is not good.

@Bobsican

Wokistan handled it

@Wrath Of Itachi

There's nothing ban worthy about one character with Unknown stats. It's only a problem when the entire verse has Unknown stats

I disagree, there is no point I having a character that cant be used in a battle. Having all unknown makes the profile useless and contributes nothing to the site.

They still have abilities, and can still be useful for indexing.

Agnaa said:
They still have abilities, and can still be useful for indexing.
Then why are LN variations of characters not accepted, or game variations if its for indexing? People claim this is an indexing site primarily, but wont allow other variations of characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back