• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
This is a thread to report profiles and pages, that users come across, that are sorely lacking in justifications, have poor formatting, are almost empty of content, or are otherwise unacceptable by our wiki's standards.

Please report any such profiles to this thread to see if the profiles are liable for deletion, or if they can be revised with help from the staff or regular members.

It should be noted that while regular users can report poorly made profiles, or make a quick note that they are able to help out with fixing a faulty page, only staff members are allowed to discuss whether or not they should be deleted, as othervise this thread would quickly turn unmanageable from the sheer number of responses.

However, if you would like to contribute to the conversation, please leave a message on a staff member's wall.

Note: It is highly recommended that all staff members subscribe to this thread, by clicking the "follow" button in the upper right corner of this post.

Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3673649

Internet Explorer (Verse)

Should be removed on the accounts of being Corporate Mascots and Fanfiction (unless this is legit licensed by Google, Microsoft AND Mozilla Firefox)

Anyway, should we continue to talk about Smoke Manipulation versus Vapour Manipulation? The second name incorporates more types of gases.

That's a lot of characters. Perhaps renaming the page is not a good idea after all? Or at least we need more staff input.

It seems a bot can just rename all the respective pages, but if not, then a note can just be added that the power also includes vapours of whatever kind.

Then a note that explains that the power also includes vapour and so on can just be added instead, if the bot idea isn't plausible.

Nanotechnology page serves little to no purpose, as Nanotech has far too many uses across fiction to list, and unlike Magic, no significant no of characters can have resists or negation against it specifically.

It should be removed and deleted from profiles.

@Zark I feel like that issue may be too complicated for this thread, and might deserve its own.

I don't think having a small amount of screen time matters for a relevant series, we have characters that come from less than a paragraph.

I don't think not having combat feats matters if they come from a verse primarily based around combat, and for where their combat prowess can be derived.

Several verses have characters that don't display combat feats or have little screen-time (common for tier 1s). Unless the statistics are completely unfounded and can't be logically derived within the verse then they should stay.

Some of the character UpgradeMan mentioned really have barely combat feats tho.

Like, they are mentioned to be fighters, but no real combat feats at all for most of them, not even statements.

And how irrelevant do thay have to be to get them deleted?

Like, they are mentioned to be fighters, but no real combat feats at all for most of them, not even statements.

As long as their stats can be derived and they're from a combat-oriented verse that's fine. If their stats are incorrect, make a CRT instead.

idk, it mostly depends on what knowledgeable members of the verse decide. Amitabha (Touhou Project) comes from a single statement and has stood the test of time and requests for deletion.

Diinou HotHead said:

But there tier and powers can be derived from their natures and the context of the verse, which is fine. A character doesn't have to show-case combat feats to be awarded a tier (look at this verse for instance), otherwise most of Tier 1 would have to be deleted.

I agree with Planck69's and Agnaa's points. If the pages got the appropiate justifications like from Powerscaling or otherwise, the pages doesn't need to be deleted.

Zark2099 said:
Internet Explorer (Verse)

Should be removed on the accounts of being Corporate Mascots and Fanfiction (unless this is legit licensed by Google, Microsoft AND Mozilla Firefox)
I do want to say that there is an official story about Microsoft products (they can still arguably be classified as corporate mascots though - and they appear in a love story visual novel and do not fight).

I do agree that the said Saint Seiya characters should stay FRA.

Elizhaa said:
I agree with Planck69's and Agnaa's points. If the pages got the appropiate justifications like from Powerscaling or otherwise, the pages doesn't need to be deleted.
Agreed.

Apex PredatorX said:
Vapor Manipulation seems a better name
It's not worth the effort.

However, I'm fine with a redirect link for Vapor Manipulation that leads into the Smoke Manipulation page.

The following profiles need to be deleted as discussed here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3854259

They are:

• Graveyard Residence (Goosebumps), Horrors (Goosebumps), Mummies (Goosebumps): Composites every species member into a single profile even though they have vastly distinct features from one another
  • Monster Blood (Goosebumps): Extremely poorly understood profile, it's better to redo it entirely than editing it.
  • R.L. Stine (Goosebumps): All-powerful Author persona, any power the profile has comes from weapons possessed rather than the character himself.

No, I'm revitalizing it, it just needs a few hax removed.

Monster Blood is literally made in the wrong format, it should've been using the weapons format

@Gewsbumpz

Unsure of how familiar you are with the site, but a page being deleted should only occur for genuinely bad pages (bad formatting or just outright wrong information from the word go). Preferably refrain from using the thread unless there's genuine reason to delete a page.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back