• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems With The BFG9000

Well, actually. I looking at this video agai, and part of it might actually be vaporization. We initially do see blood; which likely means it's pulverization at bare minimum. But the blood slowly but surely starts appearing more gas like; which could be considered vaporization.

And yeah, they kind of had to nerf Doomslayer a lot in the actual game just to give players a challenge; kind of like what the Legacy of Goku trilogy does to the Dragon Ball characters. But the lore basically says that Doomslayer is a Demigod who's far more powerful than nearly every other character in the verse. He's basically supposed to be Saitama with the Titan basically being Boros/Garou.

Decided to stop by because it's about Doomguy and my previous thread was mentioned.

Summary of this thread so far:

1) How the BFG 9000 works lore-wise.

2) The physical limits of Doomguy scaled to the Titan

Let me see, I didn't read the entire thread, but the issue here is that the BFG-9000 doesn't actually vaporize its targets: watching this gif and this other one it seems to be the case. Futher information in this document, in short, the weapon fire a electric blast that's boils the blood inside its target. As result, the blood vaporize and the streams inside expands, causing the target to explode from inside out.

So, instead AoE blast that vaporize anything in a radius, is more like a blast that ignore conventional durability making boils the blood or any liquid fluid inside it. The weapon doesn't seems to be destructive, and in theory, it shouldn't work against enemies that doesn't conduct electricity nor have fluids inside it.

Well, It does sort of vaporize part of Spider Mastermind's brain; or at least pulverizes; but most of the blood slowly but surely appears to be getting vaporized. More can be seen on my blog. But some other details are this video, this image, and the scale in the blog also some of the height distances of the characters.

Looking at the gif, it wasn't totally vaporized, there's fragtions of meat flying when the creature exploded. But as the description says, it evaporize the blood and cause the victims to explode due to the expanding steams. What's the greatest destructive showing of this weapon? not involving killing organic monsters.

Actually that's not really meat; those are just some ammunition. It's the equivalent of Mario enemies dropping coins or Zelda enemies dropping rupees. Also, it still requires extreme amounts of heat to vaporize blood; so it still translates to great AP; but durability negation you suggested? I'm for that.

@VersusJunkie, well, it's well above pulverization of human flesh, but just slightly below total vaporization.

Anyway, redoing the volume of the brain section getting pulverized, using vaporization of water, and comparing that the human brain is 73% water we get 662.155 cm * 164.7 cm * 327.773 cm * 2575 j/cc* 0.73 = 67,193,386,776.3 joules or 16.05960487 tons of TNT. I'm alright with this.

Nah, the 15m radius is out of the window, since it comes from DOOM 3. (Which is a separate canon)

Doom 2016 does have a similar blast radius, but it's still unusable either way since we can't assume that BFG is completely vaporizing a giant ball of flesh.

Well, speed is obviously going to have a massive speed downgrade; BFG 9000 might still be 8-B if my calc gets accepted. Though, I should add that new one I made on the thread to the final tally of my blog.

Doom Slayer would be 8-A scaling from the Titan, who is that strong via size and movement speed.

Should probably just have the new BFG calc be contained in its own blog rather than add it to the first one. Minimizes clutter and allows for easier viewing of the relevant work.

Might be beneficial to contain the Titan's calc in its own blog as well.

If the BFG were to fire at a 15 m radius ball of room temperature water, how many joules is needed to evaporate/vaporize all of it?

15 M radius would 14,100,000,000 cc. Vaporization of water is 2,575 J/cc. Multiply them, and it be 3.63075 * 10^13 or 8.6777 kilotons. But I don't think we could use that either; still no proof that he can vaporize a ball of water that big.

It's meant to take out multiple enemies, so what if a whole bunch of enemies fills the blast radius?

Nothing higher than 8-A, the BFG can't vaporize anything.

I thought it did but only to the liquids.

"When the streams find their target, they released all of their stored energy in a fraction of second, delivering an electrical shock that instantly boils the blood and fatty tissue of the recipient. Spontaneous explosion of the subject often follows."

It's like a potato exploding in the microwave.

My calc blog would need a re-evaluation from a calc group member.

Hate to be that guy who asks, but have we gotten any sort of result out of this yet?

We really need to apply these downgrades sometime soon. The entire verse is more or less incapable of being used in matches until the changes have been made.

Oh yeah... Other calc members have been busy most likely. But someone could message Assaltwaffle to comment in my revised blog post again.

If you remind me on like Tuesday or something I can help out. Today I deal with SU and tomorrow I am dealing with my new college semester.

Just wanting to point out that DOOM 3 has evidence of being canon, so any calc. about the Demons can aply to the series as a whole.

Honestly, at this point we have what we need as far as recalcing the BFG goes. We can just make the revisions to the necessary profiles once the calc is accepted.

Which reminds me, has the calc been reevaluated yet?

Ah, I forgot to ask AssaltWaffle; he did say he could on Tuesday, but that was a week ago. It hasn't yet as far as I'm aware.

Damn...

Well, in the meantime, is there any way we can have the Titan's size and KE calcs moved to a blog at all? That way we'll have a proper basis/point of reference for Doom Slayer's 8-A rating once he's changed to such.

Terribly sorry guys... I completely forgot about it. Tuesday is when I realized our current Tier 4-C has some problems, and I have been consumed with that, among other things (black holes and tier 0s) for a little after that.

If someone posts in this thread or my wall tomorrow, I WILL do it.

It's nothing to worry about, dude. I actually saw the Tier 4 thing and I definitely see why such a task would be time/energy-consuming. Not blaming anyone here, really.

I'll try and remember to post the blog on your wall tomorrow when I can, assuming someone else doesn't get to it first.

Alright, the 41 ton mid end was excepted by @AssaltWaffle. I so BFG9000 will be downgraded to 8-B; this will still apply to all versions given they all scale to Cyberdemon. The Three Bosses will also be downgraded to 8-B; Quad amplifier will also make the BFG 8-A I suppose those are the simple conclusions.

For Doomslayer, we can still say At least 8-B, 8-A with berserker as a placeholder at least until I properly calc the Titan in blog; but will most likely be changed to 8-A higher with berserk once that goes though. I've got a RL appointment rather soon, do you mind handling the edits and replacing the BFG's link to My blog, @MrKing?

I've got IRL things I'm busy with right now, but I can get on that in a couple of hours. I'll go ahead and lower the speed when I do, also. Doubt anyone's going to have any complaints about that.

His running speed is still Subsonic+ for outrunning rockets. Combat speed/reactions would be Supersonic for reacting to/dodging electricity-based projectiles, for which we have a bare-minimum calc that Lina did back when he was still here.

I dunno what else to draw from.

Back