• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problems With The BFG9000

Well, I just got back from my appointment, so I'll edit them soon. And actually, while I agree that Sub-rel should definitely be removed, this thread still mentions Plasma rifle generating Birkeland currents aka Solar Winds. This would only apply to Plasma rifle, not the BFG, but apparently that was the real justification for High Hypersonic speed.

So apparently plasma rifle actually is composed of solar winds, but I'm still skeptical if we should really use that as a justification for speed. I'm alright with At least Supersonic. Though, I should ask, didn't Doomguy also casually outrun the Revenant's missiles? Missiles aren't quite the same as RPG's and are actually even faster; they're at least Mach 3 iirc. But if so, Doomguy could possibly get a movement speed upgrade that scales to combat speed and reactions as well.

Huh. I must not have noticed that bit in the old thread before.

It doesn't fly, though. The thing about the rifle generating "a string of Birkeland currents" only applies to the alt-fire mode, not the regular projectiles. Said alt-fire is a shockwave, also. It's not something that the enemies (or Doom himself) can react to, I don't think.

As far as the Revenant's missiles go, categorizing them as "missiles" to begin with was probably my bad. Their 2016 Codex entry labels their launchers as "Multiple Launch Rocket Batteries", so they're rockets, not missiles.

Back