• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Problem with radiation energy feats (WH40K feats and MCU feats)

I've seen a couple of calcs that calculate AP based on the Stefan-Boltzmann law. They get the temperature of an object and its surface area and then enter those values into this calculator. However, I don't think this is really a valid way to find AP. This is because the surface temperature of an object is never specifically given. We are only told about the object's temperature, which could be anything from the temperature of the object's center, or the surface. This is a huge problem because these temperatures vary greatly. For example, while the surface of the sun is 5778 K, the temperature of the sun's core is around 15 million degrees K (should be common-ish knowledge, but here's the source). One more thing, this calc is fine. We know the surface temperatures of neutron stars.

We should just stick to Q=mcdeltat or some other equation. I don't know, am I missing something?

I'd recommend messaging people in the Calc Group section of the Vs Battles Staff, as well as Don'tTalk.

With the 40k calcs, nobody actually scales to the sword one because there's a higher feat.

OK then. I think there might be a few other fighters who do though, but I'm not sure. Is there anyone in particular I should message? I'm kind of unfamiliar with some of the sort of "etiquette", so I don't want to message to many people and be annoying, or something like that.

Back