• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Captain Marvel Reigniting a Star

The calculation for her reigniting Hala’s star is based on her heating core(?). This seems to go against what we know about how stars work, particularly the star in the scene.

Red Dwarves become what they are because they no longer have enough hydrogen at the core to sustain fusion. Some still conduct fusion, on a much smaller scale. They are low mass, thus, they have low pressure, heat, and fusion. We know the red dwarf in the scene was still conducting fusion based on what was stated in the movie. So, the star was conducting fusion from the little hydrogen that was left and convection. Essentially, pulling hydrogen from the surface to the core.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_dwarf

Note: Stars do not use all of their hydrogen in their lifetime, most of it is left at the surface. And stars cannot sustain fusion without hydrogen.

So my question is, how is heating the core the basis of the calculation and not her redistributing hydrogen through the star as well as to the core? Heating up the star doesn’t really solve anything if the root of the problem is lack of hydrogen. I’m not sure heating the core is the correct direction.

Also, should this have been in an existing thread? I couldn’t find anything that related.

Please be nice, this isn’t my field of expertise.

Last edited:
This was all discussed in this CRT

And as far as we know Captain Marvel has no such power that allows her to create hydrogen out of thin air so by the visuals makes sense that she heated up the core.

This was all discussed in this CRT

And as far as we know Captain Marvel has no such power that allows her to create hydrogen out of thin air so by the visuals makes sense that she heated up the core.
Who said she was making creating the hydrogen? A viable way to “reignite” stars based on what we know scientifically is to reintroduce hydrogen from their surface back to the core through. I’m trying to figure out where the argument is against people who have degrees in this (I’m presenting what they’ve said) saying that what it is being proposed here isn’t possible. Adding heat to red dwarf stars doesn’t solve the problem which created them in the first place. They can’t sustain fusion because they’ve exhausted the hydrogen at their core. I feel Dar’s plan to use our sun gives credence to this. She would be adding mass and hydrogen back to the star, so fusion would continue. I’m not sure it entirely checks out scientifically though. But heating the core goes directly against what we know about stars, it seems. It’s akin to nuking it, imo. Which would not work. It’s only momentary.
And visually, the core doesn’t seem to be doing anything. As soon as Carol touches the surface, it brightens. It doesn’t start from the core and go outwards.

Who said she was making creating the hydrogen? A viable way to “reignite” stars based on what we know scientifically is to reintroduce hydrogen from their surface back to the core through. I’m trying to figure out where the argument is against people who have degrees in this (I’m presenting what they’ve said) saying that what it is being proposed here isn’t possible. Adding heat to red dwarf stars doesn’t solve the problem which created them in the first place. They can’t sustain fusion because they’ve exhausted the hydrogen at their core. I feel Dar’s plan to use our sun gives credence to this. She would be adding mass and hydrogen back to the star, so fusion would continue. I’m not sure it entirely checks out scientifically though. But heating the core goes directly against what we know about stars, it seems. It’s akin to nuking it, imo. Which would not work. It’s only momentary.
This guy brought your argument here and he talked about that.
And visually, the core doesn’t seem to be doing anything. As soon as Carol touches the surface, it brightens. It doesn’t start from the core and go outwards.
IIt very clearly does, look at the clip the yellow only fully envelops the star after the red the surface that was the core being heaten was the around the entire star

This is all literally explained in the first page of the CRT he linked you, simply read it and you will understand

This is all literally explained in the first page of the CRT he linked you, simply read it and you will understand
It’s not. Releasing heat, like was stated earlier, doesn’t solve what got the star to the point it’s at. Red Dwarfs don’t have the required hydrogen to conduct fusion.

You can’t just make up scientific rules. What you guys are describing in the calc sounds eerily similar to a nuke. Which just a little research would tell you that nuking star does nothing. Fusion is an ongoing process, a flash of heat won’t jumpstart anything.

This guy brought your argument here and he talked about that.

IIt very clearly does, look at the clip the yellow only fully envelops the star after the red the surface that was the core being heaten was the around the entire star
It doesn’t. It starts as soon as she impacts the star.

It “fully enveloping the surface” doesn’t change the fact that we can see yellow a second after she hits it.

The calc being used isn’t based on scientific fact, trying to figure out why it’s still being used. It’s okay if it’s unquantifiable besides a few things.

Bumping this.

VFX involved in with the movie described this as a red giant and it was “heated to millions of degrees” (1-9999999 million degrees). The core of a red giant star is in the hundreds of millions of degrees or more. This would mean she’s only heating the hydrogen mantle. I’m not sure what the mass is of that or else I’d do it myself.

Dude VSBW calcers need some mental health check what on GOD'S GREEN EARTH is going on with those two Carol Danvers calculations holy shit. It's not even wank, you could go way more extreme by saying it brought the stable products left in the star to a pressure where they could be fused.

Last edited:
Back