• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Princess Zelda downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zelda is planet level because she took hits from Link, and a bloodlusted boop on the nose from Ganon.

Link is planet level because he can defeat Ganon.

Ganon is planet level because he had the full Triforce at one point.

...but he didn't have the full Triforce when he fought Link in Twilight Princess or Wind Waker, nor did he have it when Zelda endured that killer finger flick.

She's stronger than Twinrova, because she's the leader of the Sages, which makes her stronger than the sages because authority = asskicking is true for the Gerudo which must mean it's true for absolutely everyone in the Zelda universe. Also, the sages are stronger than Twinrova because...OP said so?

And then there's the scaling the ToW to the other two pieces because Nayru helped the whole creating Hyrule thing too. Except, and this only takes one quick visit to Zelda Wiki to verify, it's explicitly stated in OoT that all Nayru did was give the land laws. She didn't create any landmasses or life forms or anything like that. She just made stuff sentient. That's not really a quantifiable thing.

She also scales to Bongo Bongo because she could have defeated him...except she didn't...at all. She barely made it out alive. Bear level Hugh Glass confirmed?

Also, the thread that called for her upgrade said that she's obviously faster than every single Zelda boss...because OP said so? She has fought exactly one of them and lost that fight. It wasn't even close. I'm not fond of scaling the entire franchise to Onox in the first place, but that's another story.

And Zelda scales to Demise because Hylia defeated him, shortly before giving up her divinity (read: what made her able to defeat Demise in the first place) and reincarnated as Zelda. One problem there: Reincarnations are not necessarily as powerful as those they reincarnated from. I get assuming such in the case of a composite Link, but Hylia and Zelda are just two completely different things: one of them is deceased, and one of them isn't so until the next game. Given the concept of reincarnation, you could totally be a squirrel or an ant in your next life, and you're not going to scale to how strong you were as a human in the slightest. It just makes no sense. Lest we forget just how shaky planet level Demise is, but that, too, is another story.

...look. I get it. Zelda is cool, pretty, has the series named after her, and it's really annoying that someone so cool and pretty can be so unimpressive. But that's just the way it is. Blame Nintendo.

Hmm. I suppose that the above post does seem to make some good points.

However, the question is what statistics we should change her to instead? "Unknown" in all respects, like previously?

Sure.

I would like to say if this was what it came to, most of you should've not allowed the upgrade to happen in the first place.

I suppose so. But it is possible to change one's minds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back