• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Prime Bolas vs God Flowey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Promestein

Resurrection Lily
She/Her
VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Nicol Bolas vs Flowey. Because Undertale characters who aren't skeletons need love.

Bolas at his prime and God Flowey. Speed equalized.

No prep time, both in-character. Victory through death.

Bolas: 5

Flowey: 0

Draw: 1

This is...incredibly difficult, actually. Bolas likely has the edge in raw power (that guy was strooooong), and his hax are incredibly varied, but Flowey's got quite a few ways to stay alive and likely won't lose his power as easily as Teferi. I wanna say Bolas has a slight edge, but I think I'm leaning most towards a draw...not sure.

How exactly would Bolas' Clockworking work in regards to Flowey's resets? The way both abilities work makes it sound like Clockworking would win.

Not sure, actually. Bolas is incredibly good at picking up details across different timelines and timestreams, but I'm not sure if he can shut down Flowey like he did with Teferi, as Flowey doesn't exactly run on mana that Bolas can just completely sap. However, I'm not really sure Flowey has a way to kill Bolas either, as the Planeswalker can likely take more than Flowey can dish out.

Just realized that Bolas has instant death spells.

Does that work on beings without mana?

Yes, but I don't think it's ever worked on something like Flowey. If I recall, it worked perfectly on some Oldwalkers, but not others. I don't recall it working on Leshrac, but Leshrac wasn't exactly a run-of-the-mill 'walker.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
Can't Flowey use resets enough times to get Nicol out of mana?
Possibly? Bolas' mana supply is nearly infinite, though. At least assuming he can still draw from places like Madara.

That, and his mana might reset, too.

Well from what I understands, Flowey can resets only certain thing, such as resetting himself to full health while Frisk was left nerly dead.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well from what I understands, Flowey can resets only certain thing, such as resetting himself to full health while Frisk was left nerly dead.
Fairly certain he chose to do that, as he reset Frisk back to life after killing them.

Although wouldn't mind rekt just destroy Flowey? No Undertale characters has mind resistance as far as I know, and you can't reset without your mind.

Depends on if it would actually work on Flowey. It hasn't worked on people, before. Granted, those few people were similar in power to Bolas, so I dunno.

Well said people probably have mind resistance then. But I don't think Flowey is that much weaker. After all, he got the power of 6 potential casual 2-B characters with him.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well said people probably have mind resistance then. But I don't think Flowey is that much weaker. After all, he got the power of 6 potential casual 2-B characters with him.
What? The other humans souls were nowhere close to Chara. Chara was a special case.

Alice Liddel in WikiLand said:
What? The other humans souls were nowhere close to Chara. Chara was a special case.
^

Average humans =/= Chara and Frisk.

That, and the fact that Chara is explicitly no longer human, at this point.

Well the game never seemed to hint that a human's soul after death had varying power depending on how the human was determined. Just seemed like monsters constantly and directly extract determination from the souls, like Flowey using the DT extraction machine. Guess it is true however that Frisk is above the 6 humans.

SaikouTouhou said:
Well the game never seemed to hint that a human's soul after death had varying power depending on how the human was determined. Just seemed like monsters constantly and directly extract determination from the souls, like Flowey using the DT extraction machine. Guess it is true however that Frisk is above the 6 humans.
They definitely have varying power, and it's made clear that all human souls have the potential to be tier 2, but almost none of them achieve this potential. Frisk is an incredibly rare case, and he have no way to say exactly how many have done this.

And to be fair. Frisk only achived that tier 2 in certain circunstamces. I don't really think that every human in Undertale is a tier 2

Its just...I don't know. It breaks the suspension of disbelief and doesn't seems logical.

Well as I said, the game doesn't seem to treat dead human soul as having much different power. The deal of having a strong soul seemed to matter for a living being. Also the fact that the 6 human souls seemingly had enough power to match the barrier created by those mages. And those dudes IIRC were stated to be quite determined. Or it could that monsters would just take any soul, not caring for their power much. Which could make sense.

A human soul being used by something not human (which apparently have a much easier time tapping into human souls' power), isn't the same as just a human. Chara in life could not kill an entire village of furious people in an instant, which Asriel could have (but didn't) once he'd absorbed Chara's soul.

Yeah that's what I was trying to say. Humans needs to be determined in order to tap on their souls power, while Monsters can just go ahead and takes DT as much as they want. Also one logical tidbits, Frisk showed the most impressive use of DT while having the least amount of soul strength (EXP)

well Bolas win as he has better hax but not easily with flowey having that annoying safe and reload thing

yeah bolus wins since he has more methods to F with time and is high tiered enough he wouldn't be hindered by flowey's determination

You should probably not bump threads that are more than a year old.

Also Nicol has been upgraded to 2-A so he stomps Flowey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back