• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Primarch Gauntlet for Abeloth and the Father

In vbw terms, daemon magnus is probably the most threatening of the entire list. Being slightly less immortal than Horus is rarely relevant, having almost every psyker power at a really high level of proficiency on the other hand...

Yeah Daemon Magnus is another level of broken compared to most of his brothers especially since he can negate resistences.

Iirc even regular Magnus cleaved through several Sisters of Silence at once, who are all Blanks, so power null doesn't work out too well either.

Yeah he could still use his abilities when there were a score of Sisters of Silence against Russ and even the Captains could resist it to some extent.

Tbh the regular Thousand Sons captains resisting it seems weird considering what happened to Ahriman accidentally astral projecting too close to a Culexus later on. Sure he's a far more powerful psyker so of course he gets way more than the baseline effects, but the non magnus ones using sorcery in their presence seems more inconsistent.

Wokistan said:
Tbh the regular Thousand Sons captains resisting it seems weird considering what happened to Ahriman accidentally astral projecting too close to a Culexus later on. Sure he's a far more powerful psyker so of course he gets way more than the baseline effects, but the non magnus ones using sorcery in their presence seems more inconsistent.
Arnt Culexus far worse/stronger than the SoS? So maybe that had to do with it?

Tho I guess yeah they still should have been effected.

Ahriman was an Alpha even pre hersey so if he's finally crossed over into Alpha+ (wouldn't surprise me, he's gotten several amps, much crazier feats, just generally learning more, etc) we'd have one who didn't

I don't think there was ever a blanket statement to that effect, but the only ones we know of are Emperor, Malcador (Both of whom have been near CAs before and are fine, emprah's dandruff powers one of their weapons even), Magnus, Kairos Fateweaver, and Eldrad.

The Culexus assassins are enhanced to strengthen their blank aura and the one Ahriman got unlucky with was Omega minus or something so yeah that's above normal, but the Sisters of Silence are still blanks of a not insignificant level that usually have no issue hunting Psykers.

Wokistan said:
Ahriman was an Alpha even pre hersey so if he's finally crossed over into Alpha+ (wouldn't surprise me, he's gotten several amps, much crazier feats, just generally learning more, etc) we'd have one who didn't
I don't think there was ever a blanket statement to that effect, but the only ones we know of are Emperor, Malcador (Both of whom have been near CAs before and are fine, emprah's dandruff powers one of their weapons even), Magnus, Kairos Fateweaver, and Eldrad.
Yeah thats fair tho thats basically the top 5 Psykers so its not surprising.

(Unless you count Tzeen but obviously hed resist so eh)

All of the Chaos Gods would technically count but they're not really measured like that, Alpha+ is already just "exceeds the scale" anyways

True, I guess it could be the Top 5 Materium Psykers? Eh but yeah I guess without a straight up statement simply being Alpha+ isnt enough.

The emperor apparently has an ex wife now that's more powerful than Malcador and was responsible for most of the Primarchs being taken away by warp portals but we don't talk about that

This is kinda derailing at this point, though we can all agree Magnus is being fought way too soon for this list.

Yes it should probably be more like,

1: Lorgar

2: Sanguinius

3: Magnus

4: Chaos champion Horus

5: Daemon Prince Magnus

6: Clears

Bonus: Ka'Bandha

Matt told me about it, apparently someone named Erda. I looked it up and it seems to be a real thing. I don't know what's going on at Games Workshop lol

Wokistan said:
The emperor apparently has an ex wife now that's more powerful than Malcador and was responsible for most of the Primarchs being taken away by warp portals but we don't talk about that
This is kinda derailing at this point, though we can all agree Magnus is being fought way too soon for this list.
the ****

Guys colonizing the thread with Erda is still derailing. Just a heads up.

Wokistan said:
a culexus assasin is specificly trained to have his effect as a blank be applified a thousand fold

for example a person being near a blank such as a sister of battle causes uncomfort being near a culexus on the other hand can cause extreme migranes and fainting also a culexus touching you= no soul for you a sister of battle touching you is just uncomfortable

Back