• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre-Tessaiga Inuyasha Power Level

Starter_Pack

The Forgotten, Yet Destined
VS Battles
Administrator
While anyone can go to Inuyasha's profile and see that he's "At least Low 7-B" in his Hanyō form, this is with a full-powered Tessaiga at his disposal. And with the character I'm planning on adding to add to VSBW, Yura of the Demon Hair, I would have to scale her to how powerful Inuyasha was during their fight before Inuyasha received his Tessaiga. The big question I need answered here is, how powerful is Inuyasha when you remove the Tessaiga from the equation, meaning he would only have access to his Iron Reaver Soul Stealer and Blades of Blood abilities?

...Except there is no one listed under InuYasha in the Knowledgeable Members List...

Alright. Messaged a couple of people to hopefully take a look.

I'm unsure how powerful Inuyasha is was before he obtained the Tessaiga, but if there's any calcs on Narutoforums, then that may be legit. Otherwise, is there any notable Manga feats Inuyasha did with Iron Reaver Soul Stealer? If so, those might be some rather good potential for calcs. Otherwise, I may wait for Soldier Blue.

I honestly do not know how powerful Inuyasha was before completely mastering Tessaiga. There is the fact that he could cut off Sesshōmaru's arm with Tessaiga (soon after obtaining it) and take blows from him. Sesshomaru always had Yoki around the level of Tessaiga mastered Inuyasha. So I suppose he could be scaled from that. The main problem with this is that Inuyasha was fodder to him and could be severely wounded by physical strikes alone.

Oh yeah, base Inuyasha without Tessaiga was stated to be around half as powerful as base Sesshomaru iirc. And even an Amature InuYasha managed to cut off Sesshy's right arm. So, I'm still uncertain, but InuYasha really isn't that much weaker without Tessaiga.

@Veloxt1r0kore

Feel free to inform RavenSupreme about this thread.

still at around Low 7-B i guess? gonna have to do abit of backward scaling for some minor villain with a 1 time appearance. Anyone still planning on making the rest of the main cast?

also, he scales to 7-A now?

DarkDragonMedeus said:
So, I'm still uncertain, but InuYasha really isn't that much weaker without Tessaiga.
Inuyasha has survived a Kaze no Kizu which was redirected right back at him. That's where his Low 7-B durability and striking strength come from. He can harm characters with physical prowess comparable to his own with physical blows. Bankotsu with jewel shards is the perfect example.

Now the question is: Do we scale beginning of series Inuyasha to this? Did Tessaiga unlock more of his yoki?

I he's still Low 7-B physically in that case. I don't think touching Tessaiga makes him without Tessaiga any stronger permataly; exception if his full demon form which he's at risk of becoming whenever separated from Tessaiga.

@Crzer, Sesshomaru's Adamant pulverizing feat was recalc'd at Mountain level+ yes; personally, I think that should scale to Naraku while fused with Shikon Jewel and possibly InuYasha's Meido Zangetsuha.

DarkDragonMedeus said:
@Crzer, Sesshomaru's Adamant pulverizing feat was recalc'd at Mountain level+ yes; personally, I think that should scale to Naraku while fused with Shikon Jewel and possibly InuYasha's Meido Zangetsuha.
But Meido is a special durability negating technique.

A better reasoning for Inuyasha's full demon form would be that his yoki was great enough to actually terrify Sesshomaru.

Oh okay, though, Meido is still legit the strongest attack in the verse + Existence Erasure. The context about the Full Demon form also makes sense, but lets wait for Raven to comment.

Inuyashas low 7B is via scaling from a feat performed in chapter ~120. It scales to Tessaiga with the most basic WindScar/Kaze no Kizu attack. Unfortunately due to missing calculations, all the upgraded forms of Tessaiga throughout the series (Backlash wave, Kongosouha, Flaming Tessaiga, DSTessaiga) also only get scaled to "at least low 7B", with Meidou Tessaiga, the final upgrade, being an exception since it does not work with traditional DC.

His physical endurance is at least low-7B as well, since he survived his own Kaze No Kizu in one instance. However he was severely injured by it. He also received a nigh-fatal wound from Sesshoumaru through his chest and continued to fight, further cementing his body endurance on this level.

Without any Tessaiga he is still strong enough to cut through steel or trees. Yura of the Hair has proven to be able to do so herself in more than one occasion as well. She also managed to significantly hurt Inuyasha in her fight.

We could technically escalate the cross-scalings and try to scale everytone to low-7B who managed to hurt Inuyasha in a fight with the argument "tanked his own Kaze no Kizu", however it does not seem appropriate since he was actually downed in that fight and needed his ass to be saved. His endurance is greater than his durability and a comparable result never happened when Yura attacked him.

Scaling her to City block level AP due to the thunder brothers calculations from the next arc would be the appropriate route if we use scalings. If we focus solely on shown feats, Large Building level AP is where its at.

Miroku did have an 8-C feat somewhere, and Sango should be comparable if not superior physically, with Hiraikotsu being likely Low 7-B. And Raven's suggestion for Yura seems legit.

Thank you much, Raven. I feel that I can trust you on scaling Yura to the Thunder Brothers, giving her a pretty solid "At least 8-B" power level if we just go by this scaling. But, to be safe, if someone can hook me up with those calculations for the Thunder Brothers, that would be amazing.

So, would this be about right then?

"At least High 8-C, likely 8-A" (Was able to chop down trees with ease and fought an unarmed Inuyasha evenly. Should be comparable in power to the Thunder Brothers.)

This accounts for both her own feats, which you explained should be around Large Building level, and the scaling to the Thunder Brothers.

uhh so if inuyasha scales to being 7-A there should be a mention about the meido for that

How strong is his human form?

Meido is more hax, but it is legit the strongest thing in the verse yes; but we don't use tiers for that. He could technically oneshot 3-A characters with it for example, but we really don't need to mention it.

Yeha Meidou is ridicoulusly broken indeed. Can be used either as long range Orb, swallowing everything in its path, or be directly opened at a specific location without a trajectory, or is automatically summoned after a close combat sword strike, even if that sword strike is blocked/does no damage.

negates other dimensional moves. negates any physical or elemental move, bfrs everything to another dimension,spatially cut not diffs low godly characters.

This shit is absolutely crazy.

Speaking of which, I saw some things on Naraku's profile, and I'm wondering if he should have multiple keys; like right now he's has his end of series/with complete Shikon Jewel, but I feel like there could be keys for base and for with only part of the Shikon jewel among other things.

Additionally, I saw that he transcends space and time on his profile among other things. Not sure if that can affect his tier or his speed and most likely it's extremely broken hax, but it does make me wonder.

I am fine with Naraku having different keys, but do not remember that he transcended space and time or that this affected his speed compared to other characters.

Well, it's how it's worded on his profile, but it's probably like Spatial Intangibility and more like time travel as in ability, his combat speed isn't that much greater than Inuyasha or Sesshomaru.

Well, it sounds like easily misunderstood hyperbole.

Single shards of the shikon jewel travel through time back and forth, exist while the regular jewel is still complete, which is a paradoxon in itself and can enter different dimensions. These are actual feats from the Jewel/its shards. We dont merely have one hyperbolic statement regarding the matter but the full spectrum of stuff Shikon Shards of the Jewel are doing throughout 560 chapters.

Naraku does not get any combat or movement speed out of it. Transcending time doesnt make you faster by default. We just try to gauge how it would play out in a tiering system as a whole.

You can ask here if you wish: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1604488

Yeah, the Anime is merely an adaptation of the Manga; so we go by the Manga. And yeah, it's copyright blocked here in the USA, so I can't analyze it regardless.

Back