• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible minor upgrades for top tier Inuyasha characters

There may be a way to determine their tiers in spite of the lack of calcs. It has been said that the Bakusaiga is ten times stronger than the Tessaiga. If we can find proof of that from the primary sources, then maybe we can get Inuyasha and gang to 7-B if we back scale that from Sesshomaru. Right now its like he's hundreds of times weaker than his big bro, which he shouldn't be that far behind. Also, Naraku should probably be 7-A as well after absorbing the complete jewel, since that's what it took to affect him based on this calc. How abt it?

Can you send the scan so there's solid evidence, and can you list who scales?

I agree that Inuyasha shouldn't be so overwhelmingly weaker than Sesshomaru. I think that it was stated that the latter is roughly 4 times more powerful than the former at some point, although that was technically lifting strength.

What do you think @DarkDragonMedeus and @Elizhaa ?

I kind of agree that neither InuYasha nor Naruku should be too much weaker than Sesshomaru, but from what I recall, Bakusaiga has never actually fought InuYasha and his feats literally consist of him one-shotting every enemy he fights so far and was even stated to have gotten even stronger than his father at this point in time. And even Naraku's Heart character was something only Tensaiga could finish. And Inuyasha has gotten overwhelmingly stronger than his initial key that had the Low 7-B feat, but to an unknown extent.

But there is some expanded lore in Hanyou no YashaHime. The new foe who is considered far stronger than Naraku was someone considered equal to Sesshomaru and InuYasha's father, but I've yet to see direct feats and prefer to avoid speculation atm. So at the moment, I'm unsure if anyone other than Sesshomaru should scale from the 7-A feat.

Medeus seems to make sense to me as well.

I agree that Inuyasha shouldn't be so overwhelmingly weaker than Sesshomaru. I think that it was stated that the latter is roughly 4 times more powerful than the former at some point, although that was technically lifting strength.
I think that was a statement from the author which was something along the lines of: Sesshomaru is twice as strong with one arm as Inuyasha is with both.

I kind of agree that neither InuYasha nor Naruku should be too much weaker than Sesshomaru, but from what I recall, Bakusaiga has never actually fought InuYasha and his feats literally consist of him one-shotting every enemy he fights so far and was even stated to have gotten even stronger than his father at this point in time. And even Naraku's Heart character was something only Tensaiga could finish. And Inuyasha has gotten overwhelmingly stronger than his initial key that had the Low 7-B feat, but to an unknown extent.

But there is some expanded lore in Hanyou no YashaHime. The new foe who is considered far stronger than Naraku was someone considered equal to Sesshomaru and InuYasha's father, but I've yet to see direct feats and prefer to avoid speculation atm. So at the moment, I'm unsure if anyone other than Sesshomaru should scale from the 7-A feat.
I agree with this.

And I still haven't watched Hanyo no Yashahime due to lack of free time and shit to deal with in real life.

Perhaps we will get more feats and info as the series progresses.

Should we wait and see?

I'm about half way through the first season and so far, the new villain has statements about being "Inu no Taisho's equal" as well some vague statements that sound prone to hyperbole. But I'd rather not spoil for those who may be interested and not want to be spoiled.

Sesshomaru is a lot stronger compared to his brother based off the sequel Yashahime. Although he still needed Inuyasha’s help to destroy the doomsday meteor.

It's even implied he's stronger than or equal to his fathers rival Kirinmaru who rules over the east.

This is a potential feat since Sesshomaru cut it in half with a single attack.

DDM makes sense in the majority of this, and I unfortunately haven't seen Yashihime either, so I cannot confirm nor deny anything that happens their either.

Apologies for being of little help aside from my general agreement.

I'm about half way through the first season and so far, the new villain has statements about being "Inu no Taisho's equal" as well some vague statements that sound prone to hyperbole. But I'd rather not spoil for those who may be interested and not want to be spoiled.
Sesshomaru was already stated to have surpassed his father in the original series, right?

Truth be told, even InuYasha's scaling is full of loopholes with Yashahime making it seem even worse tbh.

Even in the original series, Inu no Taisho was implied to be weaker than Ryukotsu. In the manga, Taisho literally had to seal him away and could not kill him through raw power; he even died in the process sealing him away. So even InuYasha would have assumptions of being stronger than his father just from that, the reforged Tessaiga was implied to be tougher and shown to be much heavier than the original Tessaiga due to InuYasha having his own fang as opposed to his father's. Then he build his strength during the fight with Ryukotsu where he can know use the Wind Scar casually and learned the Backlash Wave. Which is how he finished Ryukotsu. And even before that power up, his full Yokai form briefly overpowered Ryukotsu and was implied to kill the dragon; but was stopped because the goal was to learn how to master the Tessaiga. But Naraku of course has multiple statements of being even more powerful than Ryukotsu or consistently ressurects demons and grants them the power to surpass Ryukotsu. So Kirinmaru being implied to be much stronger than a Fully Tainted Shikon Jewel merged Naraku despite his back placing him as Inu no Taisho's equal is quite paradoxical. It makes me wonder if either Taisho would have multiple keys; like a prime form and a weakened state, or of Kirinmaru has a similar boat to Naraku in which his true power only reveals when he obtains all three Sacred Jewels. Thus, maybe he isn't all that powerful at base.

So at the moment, I'd honestly refrain from scaling anyone from Sesshomaru's Bakusaiga form until Yashahime's lore expands and gives us more context.

I agree with DMM's points, though Kardashev's argument about the kind of weird large gap between Sesshoumaru vs Inuyasha/Naraku makes sense to me.

Nothing till season 2 of Yashahime is released and likely finished as there is not enough information.

Okay. Is it fine if we close this thread then?

If Kardashev and Medeus don't have any other argument sure. I've watched Yashahime and I don't think we should be hasty in changing their tiers till season 2 is released as the first season didn't have much for a change for the Top Tiers plus some other things are spoiler and seeing that here are people that watch it I don't want to destroy their moments/fun with the series.

Last edited:
Perhaps this can be calc. Although what's shown in the manga does not have as good of an angle shot. Much better than Totosai's fodder feat in comparison.

Last edited:
What do the rest of you think about the linked feat?

Okay. Feel free to ask about the feats in our calculations requests thread. You can mention that I sent you.

We should probably wait for Kardashev to reply though.

It seems like he is 168 cm tall:

Specifically, there's no good way to get measures for the width of the hole he blew, and getting the length would be even harder. I'm not saying it's impossible but it'd be pretty hard.

Back