• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Pre crisis supes justif removal

Status
Not open for further replies.
So now that we have a 2-C feat in his profile we should remove the clash one, it has been there ever since darkseid and the others were 2-B, but because "it was too high for supes", we pretended the feat was 2-C before adding the maldoor feat.

If a feat is too high for a character, it is a outlier, not a lower tier, that was one of the worst decisions of the wiki i have ever seen.

Every possible future = 2-B, not 2-C or 2-A (yeah another argument, that the multiverse was not infinite at the time, despite it being irrelevant)

So if supes is still only 2-C, remove the clash feat, because it is obviously 2-B, you can't make a 4-A feat be 4-B because "it is too high for the charcter at the time", you simply don't add it to the profile.

If there is another DC discussion going on, just close this until it is done, because this is a minuscule change.

I believe it comes from a clash against the 2-C version of Superboy Prime that destroyed 2 universes.

I am neutral about it, but we need some input from knowledgeable members first.

He has other Uni feats. Like Shazam beating Invincible man
Shazam lightly injures Invincible Man with his strongest punch and gets ragdolled. He only defeats Invincible Man after separating him from his power source. Superman's fight with Maaldor is very similar, with Superman being able to fight and damage Maaldor but ultimately being outclassed.

Shazam lightly injures Invincible Man with his strongest punch and gets ragdolled. He only defeats Invincible Man after separating him from his power source. Superman's fight with Maaldor is very similar, with Superman being able to fight and damage Maaldor but ultimately being outclassed.
Fighting and damaging is enough

Yeah, Silver Age Superman only had like one or two 2-C feats, and his most frequent showing is simply 3-A. In Pre-Crisis continuity DC Comics, the Big Bang was just seen as a big explosion rather than a Phase Transition/Space-Time Inflation event.

Also, simply damaging someone isn't normally enough to scale, character A needs to at least moderately damage character B while moderately taking hits to scale.

Yeah, Silver Age Superman only had like one or two 2-C feats, and his most frequent showing is simply 3-A. In Pre-Crisis continuity DC Comics, the Big Bang was just seen as a big explosion rather than a Phase Transition/Space-Time Inflation event.

Also, simply damaging someone isn't normally enough to scale, character A needs to at least moderately damage character B while moderately taking hits to scale.
I mean, that's why downscaling is a thing. Damaging means you still hurt the guy.

Downscaling based on premises that "Even chip damaging is still AP" or "Getting bodied hard but still surviving is still durability" are considered taboo practices for downscaling. Or even downscaling in general just creates too many issues around here. Also, I believe Matt had other plans for some Saint Seiya scaling and/or there was other details.

Downscaling based on premises that "Even chip damaging is still AP" or "Getting bodied hard but still surviving is still durability" are considered taboo practices for downscaling. Or even downscaling in general just creates too many issues around here. Also, I believe Matt had other plans for some Saint Seiya scaling and/or there was other details.
Well that's not the case here. Superman put up somewhat of a fight.

Can we do something like this "at least Low 2-C (Invicible Man scaling and Big Bang feat), possibly 2-C (Maaldor scaling)"? But we have a problem because we don't know if the Big Bang was potrayed as Low 2-C in the Pre-Crisis era.

All possible futures is countless 2-B though, definitely outlierish, even if superman is high end 2-C, which is why i'm suggesting removing the feat from the profile since he already has 2-C feats.

Infinite > countless > finite.

All possible futures is countless 2-B though, definitely outlierish, even if superman is high end 2-C, which is why i'm suggesting removing the feat from the profile since he already has 2-C feats.

Infinite > countless > finite.
It depends on the cosmology. All possible futures would be the hundreds of timelines Superman currently scales to and the 1,001 layers of existence.

All possible futures in DC is 2-A, so outlier. I would recommend just removing that feat enterily from the profile tbh, trying to limit it to 2-C when even its smallest interpretation is 2-B is definitely an issue.

Agree with Ion. It makes no sense to just put up a feat and pretend it's lower tier.

DC Multiverse is infinite number of timelines yes, but it apparently has its own set of smaller Brane Multiverses; like the New 52 Universes for instance. But I agree "All possible Futures" being too vague in this case.

Actually, I'm not what should be done here.

Removing the justification from the profile. Because currently it's justifying a tier that doesn't exist.

Can we do something like this "at least Low 2-C (Invicible Man scaling and Big Bang feat), possibly 2-C (Maaldor scaling)"? But we have a problem because we don't know if the Big Bang was potrayed as Low 2-C in the Pre-Crisis era.
Something like this combined with a footnote about the Jaxon feat being an outlier might be best.

Look, again, Superman still scales to Maaldor as he can consistently damage him. Making 2-B feat not an outlier at all. Honestly, you can't just call a feat outlier cause it's lower, there has to actually be an inconsistency for an outlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back