• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Superman upgrade to 2-A

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is about a feat that has been use as "low multiverse".

All description of this is already in the profile, but there's a detail that is quite important and it's missing.

Time Trapper erased ALL possible futures, not only some of them. And in Warlod #80, Reno explained that are an infinite number of possible futures

So, that's a multiverse+ level feat.

The feat itself is correct, but please call other DC experts, as I see it if this feat wasn't an outlier before it will be now. I was never really ok with it but 2-A Superman and others is just exaggerated. Also the context, Superman is comparable to others, it's quite likely that his energy saving the timelines is not just out of its pure power but out of some weakness in the mechanics of how everything was done, hence what he does "counters" it.

I believe his feat was judged to be lower because no one could find any proof that it was meant to be portrayed that high in the mid-70s when it happened. At that time there were a few hundred universes that people who've done some reading know of, but Warlord 80 is from nearly a decade later around the COIE era, when infinite universes was established.

Nope. The multiverse was established as infinite way back then.

You can find this around 30-40 issue of Green Lantern, which it's around the decade of 60/70

Adem Warlock69 said:
Well he was Low Multiversal because of one feat, now he would be 2-A because of two feats!
What other 2-A feat he had? Beside possible harming 2-A characters like Fate or Darkseid.

Adem Warlock69 said:
He scales to Supergirl destroying base Anti-Monitor's body
Personally i have always considered that part as a PIS moment, since Anti-Monitor was able to easily beat Pre Crisis Superman.

PrinceOfTheMorning said:
I believe his feat was judged to be lower because no one could find any proof that it was meant to be portrayed that high in the mid-70s when it happened. At that time there were a few hundred universes that people who've done some reading know of, but Warlord 80 is from nearly a decade later around the COIE era, when infinite universes was established.
This is correct, yes, and it would also be too much of an outlier otherwise.

This problem has been discussed multiple times in the past, to the point that there is already a Note on Superman's page explaining the situation. DC was inconsistent about how many universes existed at the time of the story's writing, and Earth's "possible futures" are clearly not analogous to DC's standard collection of alternate universes, which are far more often treated as parallel dimensions rather than future variations. There were only a handful of alternate futures introduced at the time of this story, and nothing in the narrative indicated they were infinite in number. Bumping this feat up to 2-A requires too much speculation from the reader's end and contradicts Superman's far more consistent showings of simply affecting multiple universes and chipping at 2-B entities like Kent Nelso, Mordru, and The Time Trapper.

Pre-Crisis Superman and Family are considered much weaker than Darkseid, putting them below 2-B unless we upgrade Darkseid and Time Trapper to 2-A.

On a side note, we need to revise Darkseid's AP description. Darkseid stomped Post-Crisis Superman in the issues below, not Pre-Crisis Superman.

• Superman Vol 2 #3 March 1987
  • The Power of Darkseid! - Action Comics Vol 1 #637 January 1989, The Power Within - Action Comics Vol 1 #638 February 1989
    • Darkseid incapacitates Post-Crisis Superman with a single, casual blast. One casual blast left Superman on the ground, too weak to even try stopping Darkseid from leaving.

I basically agree with Firstorm on this. Superma has some 2-C evidence, but he's consistently painted as below 2-B characters, capable of harming them but not capable of out and out defeating them without outside help. He has an outlier or two in the 2-A category, but the other evidence makes him more consistently suitable for a 2-C tiering. Raising him to 2-A would necessitate raising all of the characters he chips into some higher version of 2-A, and they don't have the feats for such an upgrade. The Knowledgeable Members have discussed this at length multiple times by now.

@Hellbeast: Darkseid scales above The Emotional Entities when they are hostless. Parallax only scales to The Spectre in his Zero Hour form, and even then, The Spectre was not operating at his full capacity at the time.

I will unlock the Darkseid profile. Tell me here when you are done.

Is there anything else that we need to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back