• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Powers & Abilities Evaluations Thread

What is the abilitie to deal damage in the enemy?

Context: The character lift his arm and the opponent take damage, no explanation, he just took damage

A sand castle is referred to as adding protection against psychic attack seemingly in reference to it restoring the sanity of those near it.

Would this qualify as Powernull?

"If the true essence scattered, then there would be no martial skill. No matter how unpredictable a martial skill an opponent had, or how gorgeous and magnificent, as long as their cultivation was not too far from Lin Ming’s, then he would be able to shatter it with a single move! It could be said to be a single move that could break through a thousand variations!"

Basically, MC is able to use his technique which causes vibration and other things, and is able to scatter True Essence, which is basically the energy system for abilities and is intangible and is not able to be seen, and he can effectively nullify them.

Additionally, this ability doesn't work on those who are higher than him in cultivation, so would this be considered a resistance for them?

Is removing abilities placed on another person powernull?

Example: A character has gotten their Internal energy system sealed and their movements are restrained by spells MC comes along and removes it

Is removing abilities placed on another person powernull?

Example: A character has gotten their Internal energy system sealed and their movements are restrained by spells MC comes along and removes it
It removed sealing and paralysis? Removes how?

What ability would this be?
Most famously, Ruthven is responsible for the supernatural phenomenon known as “lag.” None know how this magic works, but it is wildly effective at killing.
It's quite literally just a lore explanation for lag that happens in the game.

What type of regeneration would this fall under?
What do you think we train for?’ I shook my head. ‘Look, if the thing I fought really was the Minotaur, the same one in the stories…’ ‘Yes.’ ‘Then there’s only one.’ ‘Yes.’ ‘And he died, like, a gajillion years ago, right? Theseus killed him in the labyrinth. So…’ ‘Monsters don’t die, Percy. They can be killed. But they don’t die.’ ‘Oh, thanks. That clears it up.’ ‘They don’t have souls, like you and me. You can dispel them for a while, maybe even for a whole lifetime if you’re lucky. But they are primal forces. Chiron calls them archetypes. Eventually, they re-form.’ I thought about Mrs Dodds. ‘You mean if I killed one, accidentally, with a sword –’ ‘The Fu… I mean, your maths teacher. That’s right. She’s still out there. You just made her very, very mad.’
They can already reform from being vaporized/turned into dust which is at least mid high

Also this
It should be worth noting that Bryce was full alive before Nico went all underworldy on him
‘You should’ve died for your crimes,’ Nico continued. ‘That was the punishment. Instead you got exile. You should have stayed away. Your father Orcus may not approve of broken oaths. But my father Hades really doesn’t approve of those who escape punishment.’ ‘Please!’ That word didn’t make sense to Nico. The Underworld had no mercy. It only had justice.
‘You’re already dead,’ Nico said. ‘You’re a ghost with no tongue, no memory. You won’t be sharing any secrets.’ ‘No!’ Bryce’s body turned dark and smoky. He slipped into the earth, up to his chest. ‘No, I am Bryce Lawrence! I’m alive!’ ‘Who are you?’ Nico asked.
The next sound from Bryce’s mouth was a chattering whisper. His face became indistinct. He could have been anyone – just another nameless spirit among millions.

What is the ability to fight someone's will? Ie, there is a character in the novel where he fights the opponents will via his own, and by defeating it, can instantly crush it and their soul, too.

I know it's soul manipulation, but what about the will part?

What is the ability to fight someone's will? Ie, there is a character in the novel where he fights the opponents will via his own, and by defeating it, can instantly crush it and their soul, too.

I know it's soul manipulation, but what about the will part?
Depending on what the will is it could be mind manipulation? Unless its a manifestation of the will like a susanoo. Soul manipulation with Willpower manip added or whatever replaced willpower manip

Can anyone tell me which ability is this the one where hand split and attached back to the body

https://cdn.*****************.com/file/mangap/2085/10204000/13.jpeg?t=1668415316
https://cdn.*****************.com/file/mangap/2085/10204000/14.jpeg?t=1668415316

Can anyone tell me which ability is this the one where hand split and attached back to the body

https://cdn.*****************.com/file/mangap/2085/10204000/13.jpeg?t=1668415316
https://cdn.*****************.com/file/mangap/2085/10204000/14.jpeg?t=1668415316
Why cant ya just use imgur

i dont have access to the scan, but what is the chapter

In a game with normal defense and magic defense being separate do characters get resistance to magic and/or resistance to what each magic attack does.

"Make a meal out of an enemy... literally! Doesn't always work."
Transmutation

BFR prob darkness from looking at the hole too.

"Dispatch an enemy with the light of absolute justice."
Not exactly sure what else happens here besides Light manip? If dispatch is literal then ig bfr? If not then it could be purification

Back