• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Power of Hope Cosmic Force?

Kratos with the phoenix force is low balling 2-C. Even on the wiki is says "Possibly Far Higher" He recovered from Fear Zeus' Astral form instantly killing him, and could no longer take any damage whatsoever. Phoenix Force/Phoenix. Both are 2-C. You can say Phoenix Force is higher, but so is Kratos WITH power of hope

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Hope So, any revisions in mind?
the marvel revisions won`t start until atleast a year and that is being generous since it will actually take longer than that probably

That would be nice. Problem is that we don't know the tier of kratos with power of hope. Extremely hard to distuingish his full power with it.

Well, we literally go like 3 minutes of show time with it before he banished it from his body. If my hypothesis is true and Hope is on the level of the phoenix force, Kratos with it would be unbeatable.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
Well, we literally go like 3 minutes of show time with it before he banished it from his body. If my hypothesis is true and Hope is on the level of the phoenix force, Kratos with it would be unbeatable.
no it isn`t

Well, there's no reason to assume it should be, so unless there's some proof, it's just headcanon for now. Sorry.

I was just assuming that he meant they are equally powerful characters not that they actually scale.

It is hard yes, but i'm talking about Hope being a cosmic force like the phoenix force. It would make sense since without the power of hope, anytime there was a battle, it would be whoever attacked first would be the victor, becuase once one side saw someone die, they would "lose hope" since it wasn't there anyway and basically be lambs for the slaughter. In the GOW it was stated that the origin of Hope is completely unknown, and could predate the primoridals and the universe altogether.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
It is hard yes, but i'm talking about Hope being a cosmic force like the phoenix force. It would make sense since without the power of hope, anytime there was a battle, it would be whoever attacked first would be the victor, becuase once one side saw someone die, they would "lose hope" since it wasn't there anyway and basiaclly be lambs for the slaughter. In the GOW it was stated that the origin of Hope is completely unknown, and could predate the primoridals and the universe altogether.
Well, as I've said, we have no proof.

Yep. That's why i simply made it a general discussion. It's just a fun topic to talk about. If what i said it true though, then Kratos Stomps the phoenix. While jean grey is a powerful Telepath, she still is mortal. She would be against Kratos who is already a 2-C character by himself and a God, combined with the power of a cosmic force? Don't see jean grey beating that.

No, but being immortal does have its benefits. Kratos has types 1,3, nd 4 immortality. Possibly types 9, and 10 with hope.

Didn't say kratos was tier 1. Said Hope was. Even in Kratos' Wiki it said 2-C, Possibly far higher. We may never learn how powerful Hope is, unless in sequels we get flashbacks explaining it, which is highly unlikely.

Also, Surtr has the potential to be a tier 1 character, creating the sun and the stars in all 9 realms. Hope predates him.

It's hard to judge a person's power just on film or a video game. It's like Thanos, in his MCU version is is 5-A, likely far higher. In the comics with the gauntlet, he is 1-A. We know what thanos with the gauntlet is capable of, but because we never saw it on film, we can only go by feats shown. It's the same with everyone.

Obi2cool4kenobi said:
It's hard to judge a person's power just on film or a video game. It's like Thanos, in his MCU version is is 5-A, likely far higher. In the comics with the gauntlet, he is 1-A. We know what thanos with the gauntlet is capable of, but because we never saw it on film, we can only go by feats shown. It's the same with everyone.
Thanos is not 1A with the IG he is 1A with the heart pf the universe

Back