• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel Comics: Jean Grey Justification Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordTracer

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
In Jean Grey Vol. 1 #11, the Phoenix Force itself states that Jean is the perfect host and that her power as the Phoenix is unmatched. This would put her above Giruad and Feron, both of whom have Low 1-A feats that are listed here.

This statement is already accepted on her profile, but it is unsourced and only listed in her notes, not her Attack Potency, so I’m proposing for it to be moved there as further support for her Low 1-A rating.

If accepted, her AP justification would look like this:
Low Outerverse level (Stated to be the perfect host of the Phoenix Force, with the power she wields as Phoenix being unmatched, making her superior to the likes of Giraud, who was able to cauterize a wound in Eternity's substance and cause him to feel pain for the first time,[6] and Feron, who was able to expand an energy matrix so that it covered all infinite Earths, and eventually started compressing them into a singularity[2][25]. At the start, Reed Richards stated that Dark Phoenix Jean could rival Galactus, who stated that he reveres the Dark Phoenix's power[64][65])

Also, this note on her page:
The power difference between White Phoenix and White Phoenix of the Crown is currently unknown.
We don’t make this distinction as far as I can tell, so this note is useless and should be removed.

Last edited:
Seems alright, I agree.

Also, wanted to point out that Jean's speed is still rated as MHS+ in her profile but it should be just Hypersonic, likely far higher now due to the speed revision for Street Tiers and her scaling to Spider-Man. We should probably change that.

This seems fine to apply, yes.
Also, wanted to point out that Jean's speed is still rated as MHS+ in her profile but it should be just Hypersonic, likely far higher now due to the speed revision for Street Tiers and her scaling to Spider-Man. We should probably change that.
What do the rest of you think about this?

Seems alright, I agree.

Yeah, that’s fine. I would like to remove the “Should scale to her teammates” part though, since there’s no reason given for why she should scale.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back