• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Upgrade For "Low-Tier" Medaka Box Characters

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, in my intial discussion on some revisions for the 'verse, I noted that I felt that Zenkichi and Munakata should scale to part 1 Medaka in speed, but I have also come to some new conclusions about that same evidence.

The fact that Munakata almost killed Medaka with his surprise attack, and was considered to be a credible threat by her, seems to me like grounds to give him 8-B Attack Potency, considering Medaka's durability rating. This would also imply that both he and Zenkichi would recieve 8-B AP and Durability due to the fact that they exchanged blows for an extended period of time.

Additionally, though I regretfully cannot remember when it was stated and thus don't have the scans, it was stated and shown in the manga that Akune Kouki, who Zenkichi already scales to in AP, is considered to be at least Medaka's equal in combat, with one character even expressing doubt that Medaka could stop him with physical force if he were to turn on them.

Indeed, in flashbacks to their earlier life, Akune was shown to stomp Medaka literally every time she came to school, with panels showing him casually snapping and crushing her limbs with no visible effort.

His door-crushing feat, on the other hand, is the one that is currently used as justification for Zenkichi's scaled AP, despite the fact that it was an utterly casual feat on Akune's part, and Akune's later feats of strength (e.g. crushing the floor of a room with a stomp, narrowly overpowering Munakata's sister, and Zenkichi's statement that he could "utterly destroy" any member of the Discipline Commitee) vastly superceeding this one in impressiveness.

My point being, I feel that Munakata and Zenkichi should both scale to Medaka in AP and Dura, considering their and Akune's feats. (Geez, why doesn't Akune have a profile?)

Also, my apologies for trying to instate so many Medaka Box revisions. I just keep finding stuff as I'm reading that seems like grounds for it.

I suppose that this seems reasonable.

So from what I've read you wish to upgrade Pre-Kumagawa Arc Zenkichi to and Munakata to 8-B correct?

I agree with this. Kinda disappointed in myself for not noticing it. I also vaguely remember the part about Akune potentially being able to beat Medaka. It might have been when Zenkichi was first talking about how he used to be called the destroyer (when he broke the door).

Okay so it would be something like:

Zenkichi:

City Block level (Exchanged blows with Munakata who was considered a threat by Medaka Kurokami and almost killed her with a surprise attack. Equal to or superior to Akune who is considered to be equal to Medaka.)

Munakata:

City Block level (Almost killed Medaka with a surprise attack and was considered a threat by her. Was able to damage Kumagawa.)

Blahblah's suggestion seems fine, yes.

Okay. Thanks. Should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back