• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Infinite Speed for Serenade.EXE's Raiment Shield

Reppuzan

VS Battles
Retired
Recently, a user brought up a point to me that I should've looked into earlier.

Serenade.EXE is constantly protected by his Raiment Barrier (which functions by having the raiment on his back intercept oncoming attacks and send the force back at the aggressor in the form of a shockwave) in the game, working even if a Mega Chip or Giga Chip (which freezes time) is utilized.

Does this qualify for an infinite speed under our rule that moving in time stop qualifies one for it?

It should be noted that this does not upgrade his Travel Speed or Combat Speed in any way. It would be more akin to establishing upper limits for his Raiment Barrier the way we do with Accelerator's Redirection.

I don't think it'd qualify for infinite speed? Seems just more like a special quality of the Barrier than speed.

@Promestein

The shield functions by having the raiment on his back intercept oncoming attacks and send the force behind them right back at the targets. This would presumably be the upper limit for which the Raiment Shield would work.

Thus, those beyond infinite speed (i.e. those with Immeasurable speed) would be able to bypass it by blitzing.

A barrier that works even when time has stopped... I'm not sure but if this doesn't qualify for Infinite Speed what would we call.

Would we just write on Serenade.EXE?, Something like "His barrier works even in frozen time"

@Lord

I've already written that, but I wonder if it would actually justify a speed rating or not since it's the raiment on his back moving to intercept attacks rather than a spherical barrier or an automatic no-fly zone like Accelerator's Redirection.

My bad, it sounds like Infinite Speed but I wouldn't think my opinion on something like this would matter much as I'm a bit tired right now.

Well, we do not rate Goku or Natsu as having infinite speeds for breaking out of time stops. We simply consider it as resistance to such abilities. So I am uncertain if this qualifies.

I was the one that suggested the idea to reppuzan, and i was unsure of it. But lets just say that the peraon attacking doesnt freeze time, lets say he moves like 10 decillion times faster than light, the shield will still repel that attack, and will do so unless she is restrained or she uses holy shock.

I see that as "infinite reaction speed via raiment shield" but im not too sure.

@Antvasima

Serenade isn't breaking out of these time stops, but his Raiment Shield functions even while under their effect. Which leads me to this question.

However, it's entirely possible that we could just leave it at, "works while under time stop."

@Reppuzan

But should it be explained then that it also works regardless of how fast a character is (up to infinite speed)? Because if you ask me, it works while time is stopped, and it also stops attacks from beings that are up to infinite in speed.

In my opinion, i think having a seperate speed for the raiment shields is reasonable, but its up to yall to decide.

"Works while under time stops" seems fine to me.

Back