• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Hunter x Hunter upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Attack power encompasses more than just physical strength.

Zeno is > Chrollo physically but that means nothing in terms of nen potency. Uvogin is physically stronger than Killua, but with Ranmaru Killua could bruise and knock back Youpi.

Zeno's feat is with Hatsu which is more potent than his enhancement + physical strength, so saying people can't scale to Zeno because Zeno is physically stronger doesn't logically follow. It only matters towards feats Zeno would accomplish with his enhancement+ physical strength.

A bit unrelated to the current conversation, but I heard something about a new speed feat. What's that about?

Also I'm neutral on the Chrollo and Zeno situation, but I do think they're comparable overall with Zeno having a small strength advantage.

LordUrien935 said:
DMAU said Low-End for Killua's feat was fine, so everyone who scales to Killua is now Tier 7.
So where does that leave high end Hunters like Hisoka, Illumi, Ging, Kurapika... etc? High 7-C? Or "At least Low 7-C"?

UchihaSlayer96 said:
LordUrien935 said:
DMAU said Low-End for Killua's feat was fine, so everyone who scales to Killua is now Tier 7.
So where does that leave high end Hunters like Hisoka, Illumi, Ging, Kurapika... etc? High 7-C? Or "At least Low 7-C"?
Low 7-C with the chance for some hunter hatsu to scale to Rage Blast.

The pixelscaling is pretty questionable on that calc. It's scaling Killua's full height on a panel where we can't see Killua's full body, and I don't see how the fragment of tree that scaled in the explosion panel can be assumed to be as big as the width of the tree that Killua was near to.

The feat needs re-calcing.

I sorta just skimmed through everything here.

Pitou should scale to Youpi. What even is the argument for Zeno scaling to Pitou though?

Zeno somewhat scales to Netero for sparring with him in the past, and Netero > Pitou. Also, Zeno somewhat surprised Pitou with his Dragon Dive and making her to take him seriously so Zeno should somewhat scale to Pitou.

Sorry If I'm talking nonsense.

Zeno also stomps Killua, who was able to bruise Youpi, who was stronger than Pitou physically.

When did Zeno stomp Killua when Killua was using Godspeed?

>when Killua was using Godspeed?

Isn't that just a speed buff+instinctive reaction?

Are there previous calculations for any of these feats? If so, you need to link to them in the blog and ask some calc group members to compare which versions that are preferable. You can ask them via their message walls: VS Battles Staff

It will eventually disappear. You can back it up here to be referenced later:

https://archive.org/web/

Threads can be updated with later backups if more posts are made in them. Just use the "Save Page Now" function.

Dr. whiteee said:

Zeno is > Chrollo physically but that means nothing in terms of nen potency. Uvogin is physically stronger than Killua, but with Ranmaru Killua could bruise and knock back Youpi.

Zeno's feat is with Hatsu which is more potent than his enhancement + physical strength, so saying people can't scale to Zeno because Zeno is physically stronger doesn't logically follow. It only matters towards feats Zeno would accomplish with his enhancement+ physical strength.
It doesn't mean anything in terms of Hatsu not Nen Potency because Zeno is still superior in every aspect of Enhancement. With Hatsu you can create abilities way beyond yourself. Anyway I see your point, I agree Hatsu can be > Physical Stats so they can be a tier with their Hatsu, like Morel having higher defence than his physical stats with Smoky Jail. So having higher durability not AP.

In what way would Chrollo scale to Zeno's upper Hatsu though? And no, before you says "Chrollo tanked Dragon Head" all Zeno was doing was to pin him in its jaws. They have zero interactions whilst Zeno can cause Pitou to go full power with his upper Hatsu which is why I said Zeno can somewhat scale in the first place. Before anyone says "It was because of Netero that she went full power, no it wasn't, as soon as her En touched Zeno's dragon AT THE TIP and both parties knew how strong each other were so Pitou turned off En and went full power before seeing Netero.

Low 7-C with the chance for some hunter hatsu to scale to Rage Blast.

We decided no one scales to Rage Blast except maybe Pitou.

Tetsucabrah said:
I sorta just skimmed through everything here.

Pitou should scale to Youpi. What even is the argument for Zeno scaling to Pitou though?
Zeno would scale because he has sparred with Netero and experienced his Hatsu multiple times, at least this is implied. He also cause Pitou to go full power as soon as her En hit his Dragon and Zeno was excited for their fight, not cowering away because her En was too much for him. This is only a somewhat scale though. I don't mind if he doesn't but at the least he is the probably the strongest human besides Netero.

Well, we haven't seen Netero's son Beyond in action yet.

I think 4 humans have the potential to be above Netero, hopefully if we ever get to the Dark Continent lol. Ging, Beyond Netero (the name says it all), Don Freecs, and possibly Tserriednich going by how insanely fast he's developing.

"Also, Zeno somewhat surprised Pitou with his Dragon Dive and making her to take him seriously so Zeno should somewhat scale to Pitou. Sorry If I'm talking nonsense."

Pitou's job is to protect the King, and the Royal Guard are extremely overzealous when it comes to that, with Pouf instantly willing to let the King kill him if it means the King would have his arm reattached. But Pitou's actual goal at this point was to detect any intruders and deal with them, which is what happened. Pitou being ready to defend the king from attackers is just natural and doesn't mean anything, it's also extremely weak evidence to have Zeno scale to Pitou in any regard, especially given his actual feats.

No Human except Netero and Adult Gon based on what we've seen should scale to the top Chimera Ants, that could change in the future obviously, but as it stands, only those two should.

There was a clear difference with what Pitou did with Kite and what she did with Zeno. Pitou being overzealous doesn't mean she would go full power as soon as she knows the capabilities of Zeno. We've already made a distinction between Zeno against Chrollo, who was not using his full power and Zeno against the RG where he used his upper end Hatsu. But I will agree it is weak evidence which is why I'm not trying enforcing it. Zeno would simply be the strongest human after Netero and Adult Gon until further notice.

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

> But Pitou's actual goal at this point was to detect any intruders and deal with them, which is what happened. Pitou being ready to defend the king from attackers is just natural and doesn't mean anything, it's also extremely weak evidence to have Zeno scale to Pitou in any regard, especially given his actual feats.

Also worth noting that Pitou was extremely hyped for a fight anyway and sick of being on top of her observation post for hours.

The moment she sensed an opponent approaching, it was natural for her to get ready for a fight.

Also, I think she is only specified as using full power when she uses her Terpischora technique which she only did against Netero.

EmperorRorepme said:
Dr. whiteee said:

It doesn't mean anything in terms of Hatsu not Nen Potency because Zeno is still superior in every aspect of Enhancement. With Hatsu you can create abilities way beyond yourself. Anyway I see your point, I agree Hatsu can be > Physical Stats so they can be a tier with their Hatsu, like Morel having higher defence than his physical stats with Smoky Jail. So having higher durability not AP.
In what way would Chrollo scale to Zeno's upper Hatsu though? And no, before you says "Chrollo tanked Dragon Head" all Zeno was doing was to pin him in its jaws. They have zero interactions whilst Zeno can cause Pitou to go full power with his upper Hatsu which is why I said Zeno can somewhat scale in the first place. Before anyone says "It was because of Netero that she went full power, no it wasn't, as soon as her En touched Zeno's dragon AT THE TIP and both parties knew how strong each other were so Pitou turned off En and went full power before seeing Netero.
Yes that is what I have been saying the whole time. Morel wouldn't have that AP it would just be his smoky jail, because that is his best move displayed, and it focuses on durability.

Honestly Chrollo doesn't have anything that would scale from what he's shown. He mostly hax hax up his sleeve, but so while he should share the same nen efficiency as say a Zeno, he doesn't have anything to funnel it into, yetI was just using him as a benchmark since he and Silva are on par, and Chrollo's nen is good enough to defend from he and silva. Silva should scale to his dad Imo, Ging should scale, Netero should obviously, Morel's smokey jail, and mayyybe Razor?

As for the whole Pitou vs Zeno thing, it is clear going by the actual manga scans, that the situation was different than Kite. Kite excited her, and she wanted to test her power. The offcial scans have Pitou feel it as "so powerful and threatning that it heightened Pitou's intuition more than usual". I'd say "so powerful and threatening" is prettty conclusively threatening to Pitou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back