• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential for "6-B" High tiers of One Piece

Disclaimer

High tiers of One Piece are those who are currently listed as "Small Country level+" scaling from Gear 4th Luffy, who is currently listed as 3x stronger than he was when he defeated the Black Knight with Gear 2nd.

Top tiers are the ones who scale above Fujitora's 6-B meteorite. They do not factor here in the slightest.

Descriptio
Alright, it's about time I've brought this up, and no: High tiers are not scaling to the Top tiers for taking casual hits or dealing superficial damage to them.

With that out of the way, let's begin.

Now, we currently base Gear 4th Luffy as 6.9 Teratons in AP and Durability via scaling from Doflamingo's statement from the manga, where he implies "He is using the tensile strength in order to triple the damage of his attacks". This is, however, not the accurate translation. I can not currently find the actual Viz panel (unless this is it. I believe it is.), but Doflamingo actually says something along the lines of "He's hardening his body with Busoshoku... And now he's using the tensile force to raise his attack power several times over its limit". I'll explain why this changes everything:

We're basing Gear 4th Luffy off of Gear 2nd defeating the Black Knight. The problem here is obvious, especially if we take into consideration what Doflamingo stated in bold letters. He specifically notes that Luffy increased his power several times over his "limit". What was the full extent in which Doflamingo experienced Luffy's power? Gear 2nd Hawk attacks, and Gear 3rd Elephant Gun, which are both more powerful than any of Luffy's normal Gear 2nd attacks. And Doflamingo took many attacks from the former and blocked the latter.

Even if we remained with the "3x" statement (As Several means "At least 3"), that would still be enough to bump Gear 4th Luffy at least over Base-line. He's already touching it if we disregard what is brought in the previous paragraph. And another matter to consider is that Gear 4th Luffy is constantly utilizing Busoshoku Haki, which we do not factor into AP due to the increase in power being undetermined. Doflamingo would be comparing Gear 4th's physical power to that of Gear 2nd - Hawk edition, or even Gear 3rd, both being considerably stronger than Gear 2nd in general.

Conclusion
All of the High tiers listed as "Small Country level" (except Black Knight, obviously) Would instead be listed as "At least Small Country level" and those who scale directly from Gear 4th Luffy would be changed from "At least Small Country level+, likely higher" to "Likely Country level" instead.

@Burning - That's only the case for Gear 4th Luffy, since he uses it perpetually up until its deactivation.

How much does Haki come in to play? Does it have any multiplier?

And I don't really know if Doffy can really quantify how much Luffy got stronger, to me it sounds like a regular anime statement to show how much stronger the protagonist became. So I think that 3 is the way for Doffy's statement.

Haki has no suggested multiplier. And if we took into account the density percentage difference between flesh and tempered iron/steel, it'd be far more than 2x, i'll tell you that much. Luffy's hardened head was stated to be denser than either iron or steel. Can't remember which specifically.

The point I'm trying to make for Doflamingo's statement is that the "3x" is from an unreliable translation source. The Viz translation specifically states "Several times over his limit". And like I said, even if it is 3x (which is the bare minimum for Several in any case), it would still be over baseline 6-B as Doflamingo is comparing him to his limit, which is not Gear 2nd, but Gear 3rd and Gear 2nd Hawk attacks.

Not to mention Doflamingo's statement is reliable if he has taken a large number of haki infused attacks from Gear 2nd Luffy and noted them to be "lacking in weight", and most of them didn't even phase, let alone hurt him. Meanwhile, Gear 4th is physically stronger than Doflamingo and a single blow left Doflamingo momentarily incapacitated on two occasions (granted, he was in a weakened state, though he still tanked Gear 2nd Hawk attacks without flinching).

The statement is proven.

Mihawk already scales to the high and top tiers, so he's affected due to an upgrade affecting the former.

Also... this is important now that 908 came out, meaning I can talk about this:

This image of the globe displays the width of the grand line. When I do my currently scaling on this globe, I got <2x the Sun's diameter again from directly scaling from the Grand Line. (Lmfao, seems unlikely at this point)

Scaling from the Red-Line gives me ~1/3 the size of the sun.

Seems more accurate than the globe since we actually have something to directly scale to now, as it clarifies what each section of the globe represents.

I'll have to make another scaling calculation for the same feats again since the new globe gives more detail and actually provides information properly.

Imagine how fast the Seagulls are in OP if its 1/3rd the sun. They are able to bring you your letters daily anywhere. Then, adding planetsize, there would have to be Trillions of Inhabitants. Just... lol.

H Y P E R S O N I C B O A T S

So, can this stuff be applied? Personally I'd argue for straight "6-B" instead of "Likely 6-B," as the "several" statement does not leave a lot of room for interpretation.

Cameron seems to be missing at the moment.

I imagined that the OP world (having multiple moons) is bigger than Earth, but how'd you end up with around 1/3 of the sun?

This would make it about 433,333 times the size of Earth which is about the size of 333 Jupiters. That's about a 900,721.8 mile circumferance which means I'll have to buy 4 gas powered vehicles to make it around the red line since they break down between 150k to 300k miles.

This world would be too huge which explains the multiple moons!

You can place a message on CinCameron20's message wall, asking him to comment here, if you wish.

Back