• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gear 2/3 revision based on Bazooka scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree based on speculation.
I personally like the idea, but we can't say "it worked pre timeskip so it works post timeskip"

Especially when G2nd is so overused and whack to the point where Luffy ends up hanging with the people comparable to his G2nd states (Kata), and the showings not sticking.

Unless post timeskip has a statement about things of that nature or better feats shown, then I disagree with it being used

Disagree based on speculation.
I personally like the idea, but we can't say "it worked pre timeskip so it works post timeskip"

Especially when G2nd is so overused and whack to the point where Luffy ends up hanging with the people comparable to his G2nd states (Kata), and the showings not sticking.

Unless post timeskip has a statement about things of that nature or better feats shown, then I disagree with it being used
But there is nothing saying that the relationship between G2/3 and the previous form's Bazooka has actually changed.

But there is nothing saying that the relationship between G2/3 and the previous form's Bazooka has actually changed.
Except the fact that we have no proof of something akin to a multiplier between the forms, which means there isn't any stagnant growth between all of Luffy's repeated growths

If Base Luffy in EL is a 10, a Bazooka's a 20, and the gear amp is a 30, Luffy's Base growing doesn't linearly raise the gear amp

That's why even for pre TS we needed proof for each arc of Luffy having that to incorporate the amp whenever Luffy's Ap rating changed

Except the fact that we have no proof of something akin to a multiplier between the forms, which means there isn't any stagnant growth between all of Luffy's repeated growths

If Base Luffy in EL is a 10, a Bazooka's a 20, and the gear amp is a 30, Luffy's Base growing doesn't linearly raise the gear amp

That's why even for pre TS we needed proof for each arc of Luffy having that to incorporate the amp whenever Luffy's Ap rating changed
Ok then, what was the proof in each arc after EL that Luffy's Gears still scaled above the previous form's Bazooka?

Ok then, what was the proof in each arc after EL that Luffy's Gears still scaled above the previous form's Bazooka?
There was none. Luffy scaled so high that he just upscaled from his previous keys, or he scaled above a Pacifista

the people comparable to his G2nd states (Kata)
On a related note, since G2nd is comparable but inferior to Base Katakuri during their fight, should we say that Gear 2nd downscales from Base Katakuri (who is 7.57 gigatons in base via scaling to Snakeman who is 4x base Luffy) to Baseline 6-C (4.3 gigatons)?

If you bring this shit up again I actually swear imma punch you through my screen
You're the one who's said in the past that G2nd is comparable to Katakuri, so why not just downscale to Baseline 6-C since we know G2nd is still inferior?

You're the one who's said in the past that G2nd is comparable to Katakuri, so why not just downscale to Baseline 6-C since we know G2nd is still inferior?
Look at the title of the thread
Then look at the OP, AKA your OP

Every time you get an upgrade thread debunked, you attempt to upgrade someone, mainly using this damn logic which you've brought up consistently.

Closing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back