• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential for "6-B" High tiers of One Piece

Speaking of if anyone hasn't yet could we evaluate Cin's OP Earth recalc to see if the recalcs are alright

Yeah but we need him to discuss the scaling and what not. I can message him but I'm not sure when he'll be able to respond.

I have already accepted this change, but CinCameron20 has regrettably left the wiki, so I don't know if we have any remaining One Piece experts to carry it out.

I checked the One Piece verse page and I think that all the necessary changes were applied and if not then in less 24 hours, I will complete the edit, Antvasima

Well, I am just uncertain if you are experienced enough to perform the changes correctly. Sorry.

You can ask for help in the calculations evaluations thread.

IMO the whole scaling is kinda flawed in the assumption that the Black Knight's durability is equal to that of the Birdcage. Using the same strings isn't enough to say the AP/durability of the Birdcage is equal to every other usage of Doflamingo's strings otherwise we'd have cases like Smoker being hit by 6-B strings.

I think the nigh-invulnerability of the Birdcage is a special feature of it alone, and that the Black Knight (who actually has a few durability antifeats) is not comparable. (I'm not saying the Birdcage is invincible, I'm saying it's by far the most durable example of Doflamingo's strings; it took thousands of people including an Admiral to even slow it down).

I think these antifeats have just been brushed aside in favor of bumping base Luffy up to a higher tier than he should be.

Well, without CinCameron20 we regrettably have a hard time performing any proper One Piece revisions.

Black Knight is nowhere near the durability of Bird Cage.

Here we have Abdullah and Jeet, two bounty hunters who are easily crushed by Bellamy the Hyena (himself easily annihilated by Luffy in base form ) literally casually rip a Black Knight string clone to shreds with non-Haki imbued weapons. So if we want to argue the Black Knight is the cause for Luffy's scaling, we get circular scaling wherein people provably weaker than Luffy now scale to being on Luffy's level regardless of being weaker than a guy whom Luffy OHKO.

Based on factual evidence, the calc in question for Black Knight is untrue and should be dismissed as such.

You could also argue the black knight is just a coiled mass of strings therefore making it vulnerable to damage since hitting it would uncoil them dispelling black knight there is also no evidence to disprove that when it was cut it was not simply dispelled or separated preemptively to avoid the hit similar to crocodile or aokiji in marineford im not saying its as tough but it is by no stretch much weaker if at all. Whats harder to break a taught string or a a ball of yarn?

>there is also no evidence to disprove that when it was cut it was not simply dispelled or separated preemptively to avoid the hit

There's no evidence whatsoever to posit such a claim; it is not upon any observer to dispel such a notion since it has no defensible basis and no reason exists to even believe nor engage such grounds of argument, truthfully. To argue this would be as absurd as trying to claim, for example, that there exists no evidence that the ice continent Chinjao split didn't simply move out of the way of his headbutt thereby nullifying his feat.

It's just a preposterous form of argumentation that would require succinct proof to even begin arguing as it is not falsifiable within the constraints given.

> im not saying its as tough but it is by no stretch much weaker if at all

I would very much so enjoy seeing any evidence or proof of this claim.

Xulrev, don't forget the head of the Black Knight being easily cut off too.

only trying to point out that the clone is essentiall a neat coiled pile of strings being held together by doffys concentration and to an extent we are unaware of at that. not trying to refute you Xul nor am I picking a fight here. think of it like a puppet a good enough distraction or surprise attack could render any of doffys strings to weak normal strings after all the birdcage stopps if hes knocked out as well

I am fine with keeping the One Piece statistics as they are until we get new feats calculated.

If it will help, I'll make a fresh revision thread at a later date with new calcs and feats to explain how the scaling of the series can be looked at differently. Because right now a lot of the high-tier and top-tier characters all recieve their scaling from a couple of feats at most.

Well, the problem is that when we tried to perform One Piece revisions without CinCameron20 in the past, the profiles ended up completely messed up, so it is likely safest to let them mostly remain as they are.

Cin was undoubtedly knowledgeable on the series and it would be tougher without him but that doesn't mean he's the only person that understands the series.

I'm not suggesting we make changes right away but if errors in the pages and the scaling are pointed out then eventually we would have to update the profiles to make them more accurate.

Yes, that is true, but we would have to be extremely careful while doing so, and only if we properly know what we are doing.

Agreed on that. I'll start gathering a list of valid feats and scaling, and see which bits may be questionable.

Well, I am very reluctant to suddenly start with One Piece revisions. I think that it is better to just wait for new feats to happen in the series, and then be calculated.

I'm not suggesting revisions any time soon; it's going to take me a long while to sort through all of the profiles and find the chain of scaling, and I will be requesting new feats to be calculated. The issue is I think some of the previous calcs and the scaling off of them may be flawed which is what I'll also be pointing out in a future revision thread.

Don't worry; not going to cause chaos with a dozen profiles any time soon. I'll try and make the revisions as simple as I can later on.

There was a new CinCameron20 calculation regarding the size of the One Piece planet, based on information from chapter 908 I believe, which may yield some upgrades if applied.

I think it is fallible to want to wait for new feats to scrutinize old feats and calcs performed by a user who quit the platform in solidarity with (and as a long-time member and conspirator of) the Discord group who was, if I recall correctly, attempting to artificially inflate calcs and bump entire verses up multiple tiers to screw with the wiki, wouldn't anyone else agree?

If anything, there's more reason to scrutinize the old calcs and feats because they're blatantly wrong. For instance, the Chinjao 'continental' feat? His headbutt gets obliterated by a man who is, objectively and by his own admission, moutain-busting. Putting a small fissure into a sheet of ice several meters deep and only a hundred or so visible meters long isn't continental and anyone claiming to have calc'd that out based on what is NOT visible on-panel is exagerrating the calc for the sole purpose of inflating it higher than it belongs, honestly.

Well, I think that there have also been some feats, such as Shanks and Mihawk causing earthquakes across the Grand Line, that we disregarded due to seeming to be too high for the verse compared to everything else, but we also have to take into account that comics are usually very inconsistent, even when a single author is involved, and our praxis is to use the higher feats, not the lower ones, to scale from.

That feat was calc'd by recent calc group member Mr. Bambu to also be Island-level on a lower end , which is actually perfectly fitting for the rest of the verse based on Whitebeard's island-splitting feat and Garp's mountain-busting feat and Luffy's Dressrosa-splitting feat. And that's also using a calc based on a pretty faultily-calced premise for the size of the OP world.

In other words, Mr. Bambu's calc of that very feat which you discuss shows that it supports Island level feats for the rest of the verse when we ignore purposeful inflation of feats such as Birdcage, Black Knight, and the Chinjao 'continental' headbutt.

It's insanely hard to defend the current state of OP, to wit.

Well, maybe you are correct. Let's wait and see if there are any more reliable calculations that are produced.

Back