• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Gear 2/3 revision based on Bazooka scaling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I know this was once discussed before but I'm bringing it up again.

Gear 2 in Enies Lobby was stronger than a base Bazooka, so it is >2x base Luffy in Enies Lobby.

Gear 3rd was stronger than Jet Bazooka, so it is >2x G2 Luffy pre-timeskip.

There is absolutely nothing saying that this scaling has changed post-timeskip, especially since Doflamingo was relatively unhurt by Eagle Bazooka, yet decided to block or dodge all the Gear 3rd hits.

Nothing at all supports G2nd no longer being above Base Bazooka, or G3 not being above Jet Bazooka any longer.

What would this mean for post-TS scaling?

G2 Luffy in Fishman Island/Dressrosa and Early WCI would be 3.78 gigatons, and since Doflamingo is above DJ Sanji who is above Eagle Bazooka, Base Doffy (and by extension Dressrosa Law, Hawkins, and the Base Tobiroppo) get buffed to 7.57 gigatons, while Dressrosa G4 Luffy scales to 4x G2, or 15.147 gigatons.

G3 is basically the same as it already scales to 7.57 gigatons, aka double Gear 2nd.

Post-Udon G2 Luffy would scale to 15.147 gigatons (as it is 2x Base Luffy who is Base Tobiroppo level), while Post-Udon G3 already scales to 30.295 gigatons from Katakuri scaling so it wouldn't change.

Also, Zoro would scale to 4x Gear 2nd, which would be 15.147 gigatons.

In short, the only tier changes would be:

G2nd Luffy in FI, Dressrosa, Early WCI, and Post Katakuri would now be High 7-A+ due to being 2x Base Luffy's 1.89 gigatons.

Post-Udon Base and G2nd Luffy would now be 6-C.

Diable Jambe Sanji would be 6-C via scaling above Eagle Bazooka (which is 2x Gear 2nd), as would Base Doflamingo.

You already know my stance on it.
Gear 2's regular attack was shown to be far stronger than base Luffy's strongest two-handed attack. So the absolute minimum of >two-handed attack is given to us.
The example is Luffy hitting Lucci with Bazooka and does less than he does vs a stronger Lucci with a single handed G2 attack.

We also know Gear 3 is stronger than jet bazooka (by a large degree), which gives it a bare minimum of >Two-handed G2. In this case, Doflamingo saying eagle bazooka tickles, but having to actively block a single-handed Gear 3 attack.

Numbers and values aside, Gear 2 and Gear 3 respectively should scale x2 the previous form with their base attacks. Since it's the exact same forms with the exact showings across the arcs, there's no reason to assume this changed across any arc.

Last edited:
Can you put some scans in the OP or sumn that show like G3 being > eagle bazooka and whatnot 🗿
To quote the late GodlyCharmander:

This was already accepted like 5 months ago in the pre-timeskip revisions, and absolutely nothing says this relationship between G2/3 and the previous form's Bazooka has changed post-timeskip.

Tier changes:

G2 Luffy up to Wano (and anyone that scales to him): Goes from High 7-A to High 7-A+

DJ Sanji and Base Doflamingo: From High 7-A+ to 6-C

Monster Point Chopper (pre-Wano): From High 7-A to baseline 6-C (as he's above 1-sword Zoro who would upscale from 3.78 gigatons since he is way above Hawk Gatling)

Not too much to even change, really.

Tier changes:

G2 Luffy up to Wano (and anyone that scales to him): Goes from High 7-A to High 7-A+

DJ Sanji and Base Doflamingo: From High 7-A+ to 6-C

Monster Point Chopper (pre-Wano): From High 7-A to baseline 6-C (as he's above 1-sword Zoro who would upscale from 3.78 gigatons since he is way above Hawk Gatling)

Not too much to even change, really.
It's very minor, but it at least seperates the forms and amps that are OBVIOUSLY superior instead of cluttering everything together

Wait a sec, I was mixing Ittoryu Zoro with Nitoryu, my mistake.

Regardless, even Ittoryu Zoro was superior to Monet by a very large margin and made her fear death.
Sure, although it was with a pretty serious named technique Vs the casual block he used on the random fish-man guy.

Not sure upscaling would apply for Chopper here.

What staff would even evaluate this. KT doesn't care for OP, Damage probably doesn't care for small revisions like this..

OP CRTs are pretty much dead unless they're massive revisions :(

This might sound stupid but wouldn't this upgrade bumb king kong gun because its gear 3+4 with both having a multiplier of x4?

At the moment I'm against this. I do not think we can reason out a multplier via feats like this.

At the moment I'm against this. I do not think we can reason out a multplier via feats like this.
If Gear 2nd and Gear 3rd scale above their previous form's Bazooka pre-timeskip, there's no reason this should change post-timeskip.

Nothing changes between G3 and G4, it's just for G2 and G3.

That's what I thought too but ever since the haoshoku thing being treated as a + and not a multiplier things got nuts
Well this CRT is only for pre-Haoshoku post-timeskip Luffy.

So Post-Udon G2 would be 15.14 gigatons, and Post-Udon G3 is already 30.295 gigatons.

Honestly, most of the stuff wouldn't even change.

G3 for all of Luffy's pre-Haoshoku post-timeskip keys is already 4x Base Luffy or above it in Post-Kata Luffy's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back