• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Potential Downgrades for Characters "Infinitely Above" Others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said before, he's not just infinitely above the High 2-A Demons and Angels, but is an Infinite Infinity above them, I.E an uncountable infinity.

Infinite infinity is not uncountable infinity.

No matter how many countable infinities you multiply together or stack together, you will never get an uncountable infinity. It has to be directly stated, or have the type of infinity described in a way analogous to uncountable infinity.

Actually I was slightly wrong with my last post.

If we represent "Countable infinity" with ÔäÁ0, then 2^ÔäÁ0 is uncountably infinite, ÔäÁ0^ÔäÁ0 is the same size as 2^ÔäÁ0 being uncountably infinite.

For more reading on this result, read up on Cantor's Theorem, for more reading on the size of the uncountably infinite, read up on Cardinality of the Continuum

Going by the link no. An angel just says that God is "The infinite of infinities", not that he's ∞^∞ above a angel.

However, this is from the perspective of these Angels, also, I've looked into what the "Multidimensional Geometry" was, and this is a lot more general and specific.

Multidimensional Geometry has the N-Sphere, Eight Dimensional Space and String Theory. If we go by the statement of them both being mentioned in the same sentence, "Multidimensional Geometry and Quantum Theory", it could very well be talking about String Theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Multi-dimensional_geometry

The thing is, the angels said God was the infinite of infinities

God = Infinitely above

Angels = Presumably the infinities

It's not "God is ∞^∞ angels" but "God is infinite compared to the angels". That warrents a "At least High 2A" rating but nothing more.

> "Multidimensional Geometry"

There's nothing proving said dimensions exist. The most we have is 5-D. So God can keep its "possibly/lilely higher" rating, but his base would be "At least High 2A".

Well, I brought this up with Azzy, you can actually get Higher Dimensions:

https://i.imgur.com/AETKFHP.png

All you have to do is roll high enough, you can roll into the Higher Dimensions.

So you can go even higher than 4th and 5th, you just need to get a lot of successes.

All that scan proves is that there's at least 4 dimensions. There's possibly more, it's in fact very likely there are more. But 5-Dimensions are all we can prove.

However, if we look into the Multidimensional Geometry there are multiple cases for up to Infinite-D, but I disagree until further proof is given for Infinite-D to be comfirmed.

Additionally, there is the statement for Quantum Theory, assuming the very least that it's just Quantum Mechanics, which is usually what Fiction means when it uses "Quantum Theory" there is up to 11 Tempo-Spatial Dimensions, the source for this is very relayable as this is from the Technocrats, whom use their Science as a Source of their powers, such as creating Polydimensional items, the entire verse being called a "Pandimensional Metaverse"

The only thing I know about the Metaverse was that the Wiki used it a long time ago.

Everything you said was answered in my above post. It doesn't matter how many dimensions there could be, only what you can prove. The most they have is a 5D statement, everything else is covered in "possibly higher"

I will unlock the page for you. Tell me here when you are done.

Agnaa said:
Actually I was slightly wrong with my last post.
If we represent "Countable infinity" with ÔäÁ0, then 2^ÔäÁ0 is uncountably infinite, ÔäÁ0^ÔäÁ0 is the same size as 2^ÔäÁ0 being uncountably infinite.

For more reading on this result, read up on Cantor's Theorem, for more reading on the size of the uncountably infinite, read up on Cardinality of the Continuum
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Absolute_Infinite

^ This the highest numerical value that represents uncountable infinity if that helps.

@Magi No, that's much higher than Uncountable Infinity. Countable is the smallest infinity at ÔäÁ0, uncountable is the second smallest at ÔäÁ1, Absolute infinite is the largest infinity.

I wouldn't expect so, but Absolute Infinity isn't really relevant to our tiering system.

Apparently that's what we use for Tier 0, but apparently Tier 0 is being removed and placed into High 1-A?

"Isn't relevant to our tiering system" meaning "If a character was said to reach it that wouldn't do anything for their tiering"

Tier 0 being moved to High 1-A has been discussed, yes.

Okay, this is unrelated to the thread, but there doesn't appear to be anyone else in the thread ATM and I really want to know:

What's happening to the current High 1-As? Are they being moved down to 1-A or are they staying in the same place, because for verses with High 1-As and Tier 0s that could cause some misunderstandings, for example, Azathoth vs Yog-Sothoth, naturally Azathoth stomps on a level that cannot be expressed by any Human language, but with them both being in High 1-A, there could be confusion.

And, is there a thread I could leap to so I could read what's going on?

Nobody even really knows if that's gonna happen for sure ytet. There's not a thread, its just a thing matt expressed interest in at one point.

Agnaa said:
@Magi No, that's much higher than Uncountable Infinity. Countable is the smallest infinity at ÔäÁ0, uncountable is the second smallest at ÔäÁ1, Absolute infinite is the largest infinity.
Someone did a 4 parts, 3 hour video and that was the highest numerical value that was above every other numerical value you could possibly think of.

Edit: I must have misinterpreted your response a bit and everything below absolute infinity are still technically finite numbers which that is really hard to explain exactly but that's how it is really.

@Magi It seems weird to consider infinite numbers finite.

@Jobbo I guess it technically is but it's unimaginably larger than the smallest possible uncountable infinity. You could say that some numbers are "Larger than zero" but that's kind of a bad way to categorize two sets so incomparably different in size.

Agnaa said:
@Magi It seems weird to consider infinite numbers finite.
@Jobbo I guess it technically is but it's unimaginably larger than the smallest possible uncountable infinity. You could say that some numbers are "Larger than zero" but that's kind of a bad way to categorize two sets so incomparably different in size.
@Agnaa Yea, same here.

What do the rest of you think? Should we close this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back