• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Yu Yu Hakusho Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to search for the Sensui and Raizen statements from a good translated version of the manga, also if the Dark Tournament Arena is made of steel.

Is it bad I only watched the anime and they never really stated what the Dark Tournament Arena was made out of

Nah, there are some calcs of destroying parts of the arena itself, and the material is of course really important.

@Dark649, it's important to ask Bambu to comment again, and make sure to show him the context where it's stated to be made of steel.

As for the A Class characters taking casual strikes from Sensui, well, Sensui did use the same basic attacks which each got High 6-C calculations, but the Low 6-B calc came from a statement about being able to oneshot all of Japan. A Weakened Raizen's belly shaking all of Spirit World and echoing across Makai seems legit; they're both much larger than Earth, but to an unknown extent. So we assume planet size as the assumption. Said feat would scale to Yomi, Mukoro, Raizen's 9 friends, and maybe Yusuke at his peak.

Yosuke in the manga does not compare to Yomi like Hiei for Mukoro, but it's likely for both after the Three Kings Arc.

Yeah, I know the manga is significantly different than what happened in the Anime. I know Yusuke was actually not on Yomi's level in terms of power, but was able to give him a good fight due to his tactics and Yomi's blindness causing him to rely on other senses. Hiei Vs Mukuro was an utter stomp though.

While I am all for upgrading the S-classes in YYH, we should still proceed with caution. Someone should track down raws of this panel and get all those lines properly translated:

Q609svV
User:IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 can help in this regard.

The subs for that quote in the anime also mentioned letting out half of his power in this exchange.

Sensui: "Oh, dear... Here I am, supressing my power, and it's still affecting the Earth (some translations say ground here, but the word used is "Daichi", meaning Earth or Land) like this. 'This is my only shortcoming. Heh. Within the Human Realm (Ningenkai), my power is just too great. I can't even let loose half of it. It's quite stressful.'"

Yusuke: "That's got nothing to do with it, does it? You want to flatten the Human Realm (Ningenkai), don't you? So why don't you go ahead and level it? If you say you're feeling the stress then let loose with your full power!"

Sensui: "You miserable fool! Now that's what I call arrogance! ...Oh, pardon me. I like the flowers, and trees, and insects, and animals. It's only the humans that I hate."

I have already quoted the raw for that statement translated by a fluent Japanese translator, tho. It says half.

@Kep I knows, but people were still asking for the translation on that quote so I thought it would be a good idea to post the anime version since it's actually faithful to what you said as well.

If I could give my 2 cents. Imo I could infer that Sensui has enough power from those lines to do more than just enough power to surface wipe the planet because it sounds like he only wants the humans to die

Yeah, I'd like to point out that Google translate is a really bad idea. And I do trust Kepekley's sense of judgement regarding translations. FateAlbine's translation also looks good though. The stuff we did conclude is that it's only radiated waves and not total seismic energy. But it is easily applicable as high magnitude Earthquakes from a distance. Making rockslides, and making giant cracks/fissures in the ground is at least Magnitude 6.1 according to Wikipedia; though this source says Magnitude 7 would do that. And the most reliable translation says Sensui's doing this with half his power.

Kepekley23 said:
Oh, that wasn't directed at you, but Soldier Blue.
I actually wanted a translation of that last panel, where he says his power is affecting the Earth.

Might as well ask, when are we shown that the entire planet is shaking in that scene? is there some information from later on in the manga, or is it just how the statements in this scene are interpreted as?

It seems that after Sensui restored his clothes and unleashed the powerful Seikoki Golden Aura, his power while still being supressed [its stressful for him] was shaking all of his surroundings and him letting half of his power would be dangerous to the surface [In the Anime Sensui blast shakes the surface as a high earhquake and causes a big hole in the ground]. After Yosuke tells him to level the earth by releasing his full power, he implies that while he hates humans, he does not want to hurt all the other beings.

We are still deciding to upgrade Sensui basing on how much damage his 50% state would cause to the earth.

Okay. It seems like you have everything under control then.

1997KD said:
DMUA said:
Raws say no
Well i will prefer physical volume, unless someone from Japan came and translate from word to word,
Not only Kepekley already got the quote from a fluent Japanese translator, but Sensui 100% says "Daichi" and "Ningenkai" when referring to Earth and the Human Realm being affected by half of his power.

õ║║Úûôþòî = Ningenkai/Human Realm

ÕñºÕ£░ = Daichi/Land, Earth

You can see both in the raw scan here. And as I pointed out above, the Japanese Raw version of this scene in the anime also has Sensui mentioning both of these when he talks about what will be affected by his power which is faithful to the scan.
SensuiPw

20190103 222709 rmedited
i asked different ppl to translate, and i also get this(i think it's accurate tho, possibly) also i don'tcare if verse get upgrade or downgrade, i only have problem with using wrong translation.
But from many translation, it never suggest that if his power was putting stress on planet.

We shouldn't use those type of statement unless we have a prove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back