• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Yu Yu Hakusho Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never said you did. But "many translations" don't mean much, we should take the ones faithful to what he has said.

"We shouldn't use those type of statement unless we have a prove"

It's rather odd to say that considering the whole context of the verse and how even in the translation you asked for he clearly mentioned "Can't use even 50% of my power in the world of humans", though.

And you (or the person you asked to translate that) also skipped the quote that comes directly above that which is the actual part mentioning the earth before Ningenkai...

Yeah, FateAlbine and Kepekley both seem like fairly good translators. Though, also should note that we should preferably stick to the manga and not the Anime adaptation. And based on the reliable translations provided, it does make it clear cut that it's a global scale Earthquake. It's also again radiated waves as opposed to total seismic energy; as the latter is at best a chain reaction, but we're deciding which magnitude.

For deciding the Earthquake magnitude, there is this chart and this one for determining that. For Magnitude 4 or 5, the quakes would only be slightly felt and there wouldn't really be "Stress over the planet's surface." Both charts suggest that Magnitude 6 would be a baseline in this regard, but it's still implied to quite significant. So it's either Magnitude 6 or 7 according to this chart. Which would be 6-A to High 6-A respectively. I'm open to here which end is more reasonable though.

1] If 6-A is decided then Full Power Sensui will be 6-A and 6-A+ with the Offensive Armor, so everyone higher than him will be High 6-A. It's possible that Prime Raizen will get the at least.

Edit: The Offensive Armor allows him to reach the +.

2] If High 6-A is decided then everyone else will be in a higher High 6-A. It's possible that some Prime char. will get the at least and Prime Raizen will be at least High 6-A, likely higher.

Requirement for a "+" sign is 4.435/2 + 0.380 or 2.5975 Petatons. Sensui would be 1.06587330768175*2 or Petatons. So not quite a "+" sign, but pretty close enough. The rest seems legit.

The requirement for High 6-A is 4.435 Petatons. Given that Sensui would most likely end up at 2+ Petatons, High 6-A for the upper S-class makes sense. Sensui's power level is below 36,000 (Hokushin's canon power level). The weaker upper S-classes like Yusuke and Hiei have PL's several times that (200,000+ while suppressed) while the strongest (Three Kings and Raizen's friends) are in the millions.

Edit: I'm not saying we should abuse power levels and use linear multiplication. I'm saying that the sheer difference in power between the Lower and Upper S-class would warrant a High 6-A rating for the latter (if the former are already bordering on mid-end of 6-A).

Don't think VIZ's translation is all that accurate; additionally, Kepekley, FateAlbine, and ALRF's translations still seems to tie in with the what's been agreed more.

The exact grade magnitude showcased in the anime should be checked and used as an example for the manga.

A magnitude 6 is: "Damage to a moderate number of well-built structures in populated areas. Earthquake-resistant structures survive with slight to moderate damage. Poorly designed structures receive moderate to severe damage. Felt in wider areas; up to hundreds of miles/kilometers from the epicenter. Strong to violent shaking in epicentral area."

A magnitude 7 is: "Causes damage to most buildings, some to partially or completely collapse or receive severe damage. Well-designed structures are likely to receive damage. Felt across great distances with major damage mostly limited to 250 km from epicenter."

The thing is, do we remember how much damage we see as a result?

Not entirely, and the one we see in the Anime is really not that impressive and doesn't look like it exceeds Magnitude 4. Then again, Japan does on average have among the most well structured buildings on Earth; and they kind of need them tbh. But the statement does basically say that overtime the Earthquake will eventually cause enough damage to the planet's surface to make it basically unlivable. Dark649 said something about leaning towards Magnitude 7, but prefers if a knowledgeable calc group member analysis the context.

I'd personally just go with 6 for safety's sake, but maybe 7 could also work.

The earthquake that did happen when Sensui exerted his energy did literally 0 damage to the cities that it affected, the people were barely bothered within it and were just like "oh there's an earthquake" if i recall correctly. The cave did collapse but probably because of Sensui's energy rather than the earthquake, since the Earthquake didn't happen until after the caves collapsed.

I'd personally go for a magnitude 6 since the screen was shown to shake severely indicating violent shaking.

Yeah, I think global scale Magnitude 6 Earthquake is safer as well.

I can take care of the edits, but I will need someone to unlock Yusuke Urameshi's profile.

Actually, now that I look at the OP

considering how small the gap is between 2 Petatons and High 6-A is, I think Raizen should just straight up be High 6-A, and anyone far superior to Sensui should probably be likely High 6-A along with 6-A

But eh if I'm too late, oh well

I think it was generally agreed for Sensui and end of Chapter Black arc Yusuke to be 6-A, Hokushin to be likely High 6-A, most everyone other mid class Demon being straight up High 6-A, the three kings and Raizen's friends getting an at least, and Prime Raizen getting At least High 6-A, likely far higher.

I have taken care of the edits for most of them, all that's left is Yusuke Urameshi who's profile is locked. And oh yeah, I double checked and noticed the High 6-C ratings of Kuwabara, Hiei, and Kurama are off now. I'm thinking "likely 6-A" for them? Scaling comes from them surviving strikes from a held back Sensui wearing defence armor; should be too much weaker than half of base Sensui's power.

Eh, I dunno, they got floored pretty easily

Then again, half power is already 6-A, so, I guess you could go for it

We're not generally a big fan of backwards scaling, but even half of Sensui's power is still 6-A. And it's mostly just Yusuke who needs his profile taken care of now, but his is locked.

Sensui admitted after the power-up that fighting the three while awakened was like fighting the final boss after reaching level 100.

He's aware he's more powerful than them, but it still takes some whittling.

Oh sorry, I wasn't entirely sure. I knew the Sacred Energy was Anime only, but thought Yusuke was at least able to stand up to Yomi. I'm fine with removing the "at least"s if it's prefered though, but I felt it was better than no description at all. Additionally, Yomi did still say that Yusuke would most likely surpass him by the time the next tournament starts.

As for Yakumo, I think I heard he'd scale from Anime King Enma, who has a Continent busting statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back