• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Possible Upgrades for DC Cinematic Universe Superman?

Natse said:
CrossverseCrisis said:
Okay, so should i get Kavpeny himself to comment on this? He was the guy that also watched the movie too, btw. That and he may tell us on what to do with Movie Supes here, no?
The highest authority giving his opinion? Absolutely, but I hope he addresses my criticisms on the calculation.
Well keep in mind that he did told me himself that he watched the movie too. IDK what his actual opinion will be but hopefully he knows to go through the comments here to know what to give....

I can unlock the Marvel Cinematic Universe profiles if you wish.

Antvasima said:
I can unlock the Marvel Cinematic Universe profiles if you wish.
I can edit them to more accurate levels. I did a calc scaling from thors lightning that resulted in 8-A hulk and high 8-C iron man. Is this reasonable ?

I'm curious. Iirc, Supes' AP come from him bullrushing through everything. Does he have AP for an upright punch? Or anything not involving him flying through something...or lasering it?

Gemmysaur said:
I'm curious. Iirc, Supes' AP come from him bullrushing through everything. Does he have AP for an upright punch? Or anything not involving him flying through something...or lasering it?
City-Block level comes from bullrushing. For regular punches, just use my calculation as a reference and make them Building level punches.

Natse said:
City-Block level comes from bullrushing. For regular punches, just use my calculation as a reference and make them Building level punches.
Ok then. Thanks.

Heatforce said:
Looks like we may have a few more feats for superman and even info on batman's tech:
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-batman-vs-superman-images-details-book-leaks-online

Stand out feats to me:

Heat vision: is described as a beam of "light" and can focus the beam to a "laser".

Speed: His reflexes are lightning fast and his cognitive ability is as fast as his movement. He's also described as being faster than the human eye can see.

Strength: he can apparently crush diamonds in his bare hands

Everything else is either vague or matches up to what we know already. The batman stuff is pretty cool too. Might as well keep this info around for when his profile is created.
How do we feel about upping his heat vision to light speed?

Light speed heat vision contradicts what we see in the film as it clearly isn't shot at light speed.

Well, of course it won't seem lightspeed. It's fiction, just like we can keep up with FTL fights in plenty of anime.

Anime allows us to see these battles by telling us that they're fighting this fast, not usually through a visual technique. An exception was when Yamcha was fighting that Saibaman that we really couldn't see at all until Gohan allowed us to by concentrating.

Live action films can't really do this as you'd expect a bit more realism put into it than animation. We can't expect someone to be fighting at FTL speeds because we're told so. We want to see why.

Natse said:
Light speed heat vision contradicts what we see in the film as it clearly isn't shot at light speed.
The book though describes his heat vision as red beams of "light" and that he can focus it to cut through metal like a "laser". IMO given what we know about superman drawing energy from the sun and that solar energy powers him, I think it's safe to say heat vision is light speed. I'll agree to wait for BvS but I think it's a little pointless. Thor shoots lightning, there is nothing to suggest that his lightning isn't - at least - lightning speed. The same benifit of doubt should go to the solar-powered alien.

Well, we generally only list movement, reflexes, and flight speed values. It seems redundant to write that anybody who uses a laser gun can fire it at lightspeed.

No. He would still have to move and initiate the attack at his regular speed. Calling it attack speed would be misleading for visitors.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Well, one could put it in the Heat Vision's description, under attacks and abilities.
Good idea

Also, should we update his profile pic? Tbh, the BvS costume is far superior to MoS IMO.

Heatforce said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Well, one could put it in the Heat Vision's description, under attacks and abilities.
Good idea
Also, should we update his profile pic? Tbh, the BvS costume is far superior to MoS IMO.
We should. It actually looks like a Superman costume and not a dark leather bodysuit.

Just watched the movie and apparently, this Superman can barely survive a nuke. He just needed some sunlight to get himself working before he dies a decayed corpse. Attack Potency remains unchanged as far as I know as Doomsday tanks all of his attacks and Kryptonite weakening him.

Now, Doomsday is gonna be a hard one to make a profile for.

Kryptonite weakning him really doesn't relate to his attack potency.

If what you are saying about barely surviving a nuke, than that would be City level durability. And it would also make the whole 7-B Superman calc by Vivi seem way less like an outlier, as I doubt Supes's durability would be that much stronger than his AP.

He just lacks the range / AoE, is all.

When I mean barely surviving, I mean he could have died had the sun's rays not revived him. Durability's more around Small Town Level.

How do we justify equalizing Attack Potency with durability though? By powerscaling to Doomsday?

Just watched film.

Wonder Woman (Or Batman) says that Doomsday was feeding on the energy he absorbed. Be it punches, energy blasts... Or yes, a nuke.

Doomsday had the energy of a Nuke within him, and it grew his power. Even in the end, Supes and Wonder Woman could barely hurt him.

Doomsday is 7-C or 7-B by the end.

Supes and Wonder Woman are a little lower.

Superman and Wonder Woman are probably definitely 8-A. If Superman couldn't survive a nuke without the sun's rays, then he's probably weaker than a nuke even with bullrushing. Bruce Wayne is either 9-C or 9-B.

9-B definetly. Guy does plenty of physically impossible stuff in the movie, like throwing people so hard they go through walls.

Also... What tier IS a nuke?

Superman's flesh was burned to a crisp, yes. But he DID survive long enough to get regenerated.

And after the sun dipping, he was capable of holding off against a much stronger doomsday temporarely. So "Low 7-C at his peak" seems very much logical.

A regular ICBM is like High 7-C tier. Considering Superman's condition, maybe his tier would be like 8-A, Low 7-C sun-dipped.

Okay. How this sound:

High 7-C Doomsday.

8-A Superman, Low 7-C at peak.

8-A Wonder Woman, Low 7-C with Sword.

9-B Batman, .... 8-C with Armored Suit?

Just saw the movie. Supes got hit by a nuke and knocked unconscious and a bit burned, though a bit of sunlight fully revitalized him.

Doomsday wasn't even remotely phased by the nuke. All it did was give him more power and trigger another evolution. Then he obliterated a small island.

Wonder Woman seemed to be portrayed as around Superman level. She was just as capable of fighting against Doomsday as he was, if not more. She cut his hand off, while all Supes did was slap him around, a bit.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Just saw the movie. Supes got hit by a nuke and knocked unconscious and a bit burned, though a bit of sunlight fully revitalized him.
Doomsday wasn't even remotely phased by the nuke. All it did was give him more power and trigger another evolution. Then he obliterated a small island.

Wonder Woman seemed to be portrayed as around Superman level. She was just as capable of fighting against Doomsday as he was, if not more. She cut his hand off, while all Supes did was slap him around, a bit.
7-A Doomsday? If so, than 7-B Supes ceases to be an outlier.

Back